Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2, 3, 4  Next
landsmarra
rank 3
Posted:
Fri May 13, 2005 12:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello all...my first post on this fantastic site!

I'm 38 and still love all my classic games...in fact, the DC is my newest console. I originally got it in a trade (along with some emulators) and little did i know I'd be loving it as much as I do!

So I've finally realized all of the wonderful, crazy and quirky games and peripherals that DC owners in Japan got that the US didn't. I have recently purchased:

Para Para Paradise with the special floor controller
DDR and DDR2 with a dance pad (I still suck at it)
Densha de Go!2 train game with the special controller (it's so cool)
Samba de Amigo ver 2000 (with the Sega maracas of course)
Pop'N Music with the (small) Konami controller
BBA and 3.0 browser
Dreameye
...and I'm THIS close to getting a Drikara karaoke add-on
brand new Treamcast (well, this might not be Japanese but it's kewl!)

Has anyone had any experience with these things besides me? Any thoughts? I was thinking about getting an ASCII Flight Stick for the flight sim games...anyone used it? I've also seen a couple of Panther controllers (the one with the trackball) come up on evilBay. Any feedback on that? I read where the trackball is only supported in a couple of games...too bad.

I've read about this new XDP browser...is it good for just surfing the 'net? Is it compatible with the BBA?

I think the only advantage of being an older game fanatic is that you have the income to buy all these cool toys!

Thanks and I'm sure to be adding more posts soon...hopefully from my Dreamcast!

Steve
New York

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Fri May 13, 2005 1:22 pm
quote : #2
oh man you read my mind cos as I was reading I was thinking he's lucky to have the money to buy all these nice expensive things
Anyway its cool to meet you steve right , im diogo and carefull with me cos i can chat loads lol
anyway hope you enjoy the dreamcast as much as everyone here does because Im sure it will have loads of games you will like to try . May I try to convince ypu to buy Phantasy star online version 2 pal so that we can play online on it? Very Happy
the xdp browser is the best to surf the internet yeah everyone i know really likes to use it .
its cool to find someone your age playing games and an honour to meet you
so that hope you enjoy the site and im sorry i dont really know anything about the stuff you want to know more about but yeah welcome Laughing

Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Fri May 13, 2005 1:39 pm
quote : #3
Steve! NY! Excelent!

Don't forget the limited edition crap, I mean stuff that was only released there. And all those keyboards, the small ones for those jap games.

I'm in NYC, got any vintage game stores to recommend in the area, besides Multimedia 1.0 on St. Marks?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri May 13, 2005 1:47 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
welcome to the wonderful world of the dc.
rank 3
Posted:
Fri May 13, 2005 2:14 pm
quote : #5
Thanks for all your well-wishes!

OK, I'm gonna try to burn the XDP browser tonight. I'll see how it is.

Diogo, never gave PSO2 a thought. I don't think the wife and daughter would give me enough time to play it online Crying or Very sad

As to the limited edition stuff...it all seems way to pricy for me!

I'm just keeping 3 DCs on hand in case of failure!

As to the DC karaoke, I seem to have found out that the Passport CD that comes with it doesn't have any songs on it. They could only be dl'ed from Sega's website. I actually found a SEGA MUSIC ONLINE website where they mention the subscription service and I even sent them an email asking about it. Doubt if I'll hear back though.

Thanks,
Steve

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Fri May 13, 2005 6:22 pm
quote : #6
landsmarra wrote:

brand new Treamcast (well, this might not be Japanese but it's kewl!)

yes that is japanese, and yes if u get it, i will be envious of u forever. your other stuff is very desirable as well. the karaoke machine is just so gosh darned sexy Smile if you want to know more about the treamcast, there's a rather in depth (although not entirely accurate) review by G at dreamcastersrealm.com. Hope you enjoy the forums,
Pakk
rank 3
Posted:
Fri May 13, 2005 8:36 pm
quote : #7
Hey Pakk,

I guess the karaoke is sexy but apparently useless Sad

The Treamcast SHOULD be on its way Rolling Eyes

And, yes, I'm enjoying the forum!

Steve

Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Fri May 13, 2005 10:26 pm
quote : #8
landsmarra wrote:
Hey Pakk,

I guess the karaoke is sexy but apparently useless Sad

The Treamcast SHOULD be on its way Rolling Eyes

And, yes, I'm enjoying the forum!

Steve

You have no idea how sexy Wink (check out a thread about it)
Also, I believe the Treamcast is NOT Jap. It is Tiwanes or Hong Kongish, whatever is the proper to be of that area, which ever on it is, except that it is NOT Jap.

So, um, yeah, any NYC store references for classic gaming goodness?

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat May 14, 2005 4:22 am
quote : #9
welcome mate, good luck with finding all the rare peripherals, i like to think i have nearly all the pal and american ones but still missing a few. i have 208 dc games from across the globe and must say it really is the best thing that can happen to anyone. i heard the trackball wasnt very good/reliable but that could just be hearsay. i have problems with xdp sometimes but thats probably just my downloading and burning skills!! anyway enjoy your time here and try and get some of the online games if you can they are superb! quake 3 arena and 4x4 evo to name a few.
Posted:
Sat May 14, 2005 5:21 am
quote : #10
Mr. Spank: After thinking about it, I do recall that the Treamcast came from Hong Kong, sorry about that. (and quit saying "jap")

Don't forget Starlancer! That game is great fun, and the controls are handled beautifully given the constraints of the dreamcast controller. Twisted Evil
rank 30
Posted:
Sat May 14, 2005 7:14 am
quote : #11
pakkitman wrote:
Mr. Spank: After thinking about it, I do recall that the Treamcast came from Hong Kong, sorry about that. (and quit saying "jap")

Well, I believe he is saying Jap just so he can shorten it
rank 12
Posted:
Sat May 14, 2005 9:50 am
quote : #12
pakkitman wrote:

Don't forget Starlancer! That game is great fun, and the controls are handled beautifully given the constraints of the dreamcast controller. Twisted Evil

calling a device by its region, as in Japanes, is offensive to you? I will have you not I a am not calling it a Jap but actually saying that it is "NOT Jap." there, the insertion of 'a' would change the connotation and the presence of a period should imply abreviation. And Starlancer's controls are horendous, reminds me of Wing Commander III on the 3DO. Anyone know if its compatible with the flght stick controller?

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat May 14, 2005 5:40 pm
quote : #13
Mr. Spank wrote:
pakkitman wrote:

calling a device by its region, as in Japanes, is offensive to you? I will have you not I a am not calling it a Jap but actually saying that it is "NOT Jap." there, the insertion of 'a' would change the connotation and the presence of a period should imply abreviation. And Starlancer's controls are horendous, reminds me of Wing Commander III on the 3DO. Anyone know if its compatible with the flght stick controller?

sorry about that, when i make it a region i usually put it in caps. why are starlancer's controls bad?
rank 12
Posted:
Sun May 15, 2005 11:17 am
quote : #14
shifting between button configurations in play is never good. I Found the layout to feel very unintuative. I am sure with more play it gets like 2nd nature and you don't even notice.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sun May 15, 2005 11:29 am
quote : #15
well its not TREAMCAST ... its TREAM(A)CAST.

And dont spend money for that machine. The lcd screen is made 2 poor.
Check lan-kwei.com if u realy need one.