rank 33
Posted:
Wed May 25, 2005 6:09 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
TTS wrote:
*shifts arms back and forth*

I like deep multiplayer...

Yeah, but the driving experience offered by F355 simply must be experienced. 4X4 Evo, which I play often, has very floaty moon-like physics which can be troublesome at times.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Gareth.de
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:22 am
quote : #17
Ok, broadband coming to my house in 3 weeks. What's Hiro Shifting?

helga
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:56 am
quote : #18
Hi

Hiro shifting is the process of going up 2 and down1 gear very quickly when up shifting. So if you are in 3rd gear say and want to go to 4th you would go into and then quickly back into 4th.

This method saves a small down in speed that
happens when you change up the gears. It should
also improve your lap times.

Hope this helps

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:53 pm
quote : #19
Gareth.de wrote:
Ok, broadband coming to my house in 3 weeks. What's Hiro Shifting?

F355 Challenge is not broadband compatible. It's playable over dialup only. Unless of course you can get the DC to PC connection working.

How are my little crackers doing today?
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:41 pm
quote : #20
yes Ferrari 355 is playable with dial up only. but dont panic, like kingofgrills said you can play it with the DC to PC connection or you can do what i do: when playing BBA games like PSO v2 use the BBA when playing F355 take the BBA out and plug the 56k modem back on.
if you have broadband you should recieve free dial up service from your isp, just make sure you ask/ ring your isp for your local dial up number.

the problem with hiro shifting is 1) people that know how to do it have an unfair advantage over those who can't or dont even know it exists, to give you an example, a good lap time at suzuka long is around 2.16 secs, with hiro shifting the lap times change to around 2.12 secs. in 2 laps you would have lost an avarage of 6 to 8 secs to someone who is using hiro shifting.
2) if you use a ferrari wheel like i do you have a high chance of fucking up your wheel as hiro shifting has to be performed fast your shift levers brake eventually.

We don't use hiro shifting on wednesday nights though, so it's fairer for everybody.

TENNE great race last night sorry i couldn't keep playing as i had to go to a work meeting. any other day i would have kept playing. hope to see you againg next week. It was good fun racing with you too IMPULSE!

helga
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:50 am
quote : #21
I agree that Hiro shifting does give you an
advantage over someone not using it. But I
know players like Fuka who use AT gear so you
can't Hiro shift and they will still do times under

You should of played when people used "Nazo"
which gave them lap time of under 2 minutes at
Suzuka.

I'll try and make next Wednesday meeting should
be fun trying to race without Hiro shifting.

Just one question can you still turn SC off at the
start or not?

maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:33 pm
quote : #22
I think FUKA and ELT are exeptional drivers, they have dedicated so much time and effort to this game, this is what you call "hard core" gamers. they have mastered the Nazo drifting "trick" which in my opinion is another unfair advantage (i know some people might think otherwise) which makes them too good.
i dont think i'll ever be as good as them because i'm not planning on spending that much time mastering f355 and i think the majority of people that come to play are not "hard core" either. the majority of people that come and play just want to have fun and enjoy themselves. when they/ we play against the likes of FUKA, nazo drifter or hiro shifters it can be off putting because they're just too good, so then people stop comming. that's my observation.

turning the driving aids on or off is fine. it'll be good having you there! i havent raced with you in a while.
wed nights is picking up momemtum, i encourage everyone to come and join us on wed nights, its a lot of fun Smile

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:21 am
quote : #23
oh man i so want to play too maybe ill try to set up the modem to get it to work even if i pay for a few phone calls at least 30 m shoudlnt be that expensive , even so have fun all of you and keep the ferrary driving rocking as always
Very Happy

helga
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:47 am
quote : #24
I agree that it is really all about fun at the end
of the day. I don't care these days if I win or
not. I give head starts in some races if I think
I'll be quicker than the other races. Just to try
and make for a close race.

I have given the non Hiro shifting a go around
Suzuka it a bit wierd after all this time.

I will try my hardest to make it wednesday but
it may run a bit late for me to make all six races.

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:15 pm
quote : #25
Hi Helga Smile

i can't post at f355.cjb.net
the page is a bit scrambled at the top and bottom and i can't see the QuickPost.
Was great to meet you for some races. I'm gonna try to make it again this week.
Been on Starlancer a couple of times. Trying to get something sorted out so i don't have to pay per minute. Also really busy at the mo' getting it together to move house.
Wish i had more time online. Hopefully soon.

The Wednesday game sounds like a good idea for new players. Like the No-Tec Champs in the past, good racing that evens things out.
When i was first online i couldn't understand why i was losing out in the gears. I learned the K-shifts (letting off the gas briefly when changing) but i was still losing out, especially off the start.
When i read about H-Shifts it made a big difference. I quite like it. You often see ppl missing a gear under pressure on the last lap. But yeah it's a big disadvantage when you don't know it.

I've never known ELT to Nazo-Drift. He's got a lovey smooth grip style. I've only seen Fuka drift a fe times. He often ran AT gears to make a close race with slower drivers. Class.

Hopefully cya on the track soon. byee

helga
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:29 am
quote : #26
Hi JMC

Good to see you back, their are a few problems atf355.cjb.net but you should be able to post.

Quick post is at the bottom of each thread on thellast page, so on the f355 thread it's at the
bottom of page 42.

It will be good to see you back online with f355,
and I hope you can get a ISP deal sorted soon.

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:02 am
quote : #27
Hello Folks!

I will try to play a few games this week, have not played for so long now, I will be very rusty!

Take care!

Kizzy

Chris3025
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:40 pm
quote : #28
I got F355 today, and i've been playing like crazy, the game is really well made, but wasn't really mentioned too often, I only found out about it off of IGN, if it weren't for that, I would have never known the game existed. Any way, I am playing, and whenever a game is scheduled, i'll be there

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:56 am
quote : #29
Chris3025 wrote:
I got F355 today, and i've been playing like crazy, the game is really well made, but wasn't really mentioned too often, I only found out about it off of IGN, if it weren't for that, I would have never known the game existed. Any way, I am playing, and whenever a game is scheduled, i'll be there

Yes it is a brilliant game, but some of the pathetic people on this site will not practice. Maurice X has tried to get a few new people playing, but the numbers aren't that many.

This is a real shame because there are two bigger meets a week (Tues / Thurs 9pm usually 6 to 8 racers), it has been great in the past to see 16 people all trying to qualify! I really wish more of you played this game, it does take practice, but is worth it.

If more new people played it would make better racing. I can feel sorry for someone coming last for weeks on end, this is simply because there are no other racers of their standard starting the same learning curve.

Ask anyone who plays this game still that they were last in every race for a couple of weeks, then you suddenly find you start to really compete with the others.

I do hope more people make an effort!

Kizzy

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:36 am
quote : #30
Type: PAL
so the tuesday and thursday games are still going on? sweet i used to enjoy coming last in those (hehehehe) I might start racing again ive been missing my racing fix for a while now.