Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
1, 2  Next
Doom27
banned!
Posted:
Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
okay well im just curious and it can be any game that was ever online even if its offline now and mine is quake 3 arena the only one i have ever played online.

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:55 pm
quote : #2
Hm... I would say a tie between 4x4 EVO and Starlancer.
4x4 EVO is probably the best racing game i've ever played... Its very easy to learn, and its replay value is off the roof. Add great graphics and a sweet career mode.. ohh man. Online play just sweetens the deal by letting u play your career trucks with other ppl.
Starlancer is just a frag fest with sweet graphics and tons of ppl (6 per game).

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:07 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Oh man.....my FAV dreamcast online game of all time and probobly one of my all time favorite online games PERIOD. Would have to be.

OOGA BOOGA

This game is pure genious. If you havn't played the game its a tiki style melee game where players grab shrunken heads that fall off trees and use them as ammo against your opponents. Each map takes place on an island in the middle of the ocean. You can hop on and rid wild boars and ram your opponent into the water. Where they have to swim back before the sharks get them.

There are spell pickups like lighting, tornado, and flaming rocks.

Lets not forget Boar Polo. Where there is an arena with 2 goal ends, and you play in teams. There is a giant rock, and you have to force it through the goal to score. Srunken heads,spells, and boars litter the field. Single game matches have gone on for HOURS before. I think 2 hours is the record for a 3pt match. Its INSANE!

Then when you win matches the characters gloat and show off. Like on will say "Bow down I rule!" and throw his hands in the air. And the big char Fatty. He will slap his ass while saying "Awwww yea check me out"

Unfortunatly its currently offline. I miss this game so much....I can feel the tears coming on. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Posted:
Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:02 pm
quote : #4
I say Outtrigger, even if no 1 was there I could still play until someone showed up Wink
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:01 am
quote : #5
i also say outtrigger. i know its no longer online, but i have hope damnit!!!

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Doom27
banned!
Posted:
Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:25 pm
quote : #6
if Unreal Tournament still had servers that would be my best dc online game because its my best offline game! that game is so fun!!!!!!!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:14 am
quote : #7
Doom27 wrote:
if Unreal Tournament still had servers that would be my best dc online game because its my best offline game! that game is so fun!!!!!!!

hell yea that game has what like 60+ maps. Insane amount of maps on that sucker. Th e best console port of unreal tournament I have ever played. On VGA adaptor it looks insanely dope.
Posted:
Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:54 am
quote : #8
Mmm... FPS on the Dreamcast... I will be gettin' myself some of that.

But as for greatest games, I have to say Super Puzzle Fighter 2X. I know a lot of people aren't going to like that because it also came out for a number of other systems and it wasn't ever online (at least not outside of Japan), but I still think it is the best version of one of the best games out there, ever.

Yes, Bomberman Online (for all of you who have followed my posting pattern) is very close to my heart, but SPF still outranks it.

Honorable mentionn definitely goes to ChuChu Rocket.

Puzzle fan, anyone?

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:49 pm
quote : #9
Pso, chu chu, and unreal. All legends.

And super puzzle fighter x is awesome. I love that game, and I want to import it for dc. Very Happy

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:07 pm
quote : #10
I don't really like FPS games on consoles... I'd much rather play them on the PC. I cant stand games like Halo, even though people say its so damn good.

twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:08 am
quote : #11
I like Q3 alot mainy due to the fact that I like carnage and even though I spend 99% of the time dripping off the walls in a thoroughly fragged state it's still my favorite tension relief. I never got to play PSO online but I do own it and I am having a blast offline.
Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:44 am
quote : #12
They're all great, but out of the ones I'd played, I'd have to say these were better.

Chu Chu Rocket
Worm World Party
NBA 2k2
BomberMan Online
4x4 Evo
Unreal Tournament

Last edited by Chris5687 on Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total

kitty
banned!
Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:32 am
quote : #13
i dont care what anyone says phantasy star online was the best i was hoooked Razz
Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:04 pm
quote : #14
Based on fun, replay value and everything I would have to say PSO and Alien Front Online

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:30 pm
quote : #15
I agree... PSO especially... there was simply nothing else like it. It was so good.