Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Fri May 27, 2005 5:56 pm
quote : #61
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
first off, pakkit, how in the hell do you play with that controller? I'm okay with the controller, and can hold my own (just barely) against the a.i.... but once I face real people, I need my trusty mouse and keyboard. ^_^ I commend you for being able to whoop ass with the controller.

also, I agree Ultra - Q3A is fine just how it is... there's no need for all of those ridiculous mods... they're just stupid, and to me, make the game a whole lot less fun.
Posted:
Fri May 27, 2005 8:24 pm
quote : #62
Overall, I'm a pretty good player in quake. I'm the type of person that joins games with everyone +5 frage than me, and come up to at least 2nd or 1st place at the end of the game. I may need to brush up on some maps, but overtime, I'll be straight.
Posted:
Fri May 27, 2005 11:46 pm
quote : #63
pakkitman wrote:
though I'm pretty good against other controller players, although I get my ass handed back to me by the 3vil clan. TTS and I once got burned by one of 'em (yes it was 2 on 1). It wasn't pretty.

heh... that must have been 3vilchucky seeing as how the only other 3vil member doesnt play anymore. oh yeah and guess what? the guy that "handed you your ass"... he plays on controller. 3vilchucky is the best dc q3 player currently. and yes, he does it with a controller. im the only dc player who beats chuck. hes the best but im a close second. if we played a best of seven he would win it 4 to 3. its sad to say but other than me and chuck there really isnt much competition anymore Sad. i hope some of you guys can practice and get up there competing with us, it would be awesome to have some new regulars! of course, of course... the most important thing is to just have fun! i like the idea of having these teams and i support it very much. i think its great to see people getting into q3 and hopefully get some new people to regularly play it with us on there. while i think its a great idea, i am not going to join a team or anything. i spent about 6 months in the 3vil clan and after that made the decision to not get into any clan stuff anymore. i hope you all have fun with it though, and im always up to playin with you all. look for me most nights starting at 10 PM in the eastern US time. my name is 2.K.O.O.L. or sometimes im using UnToUcHaBlE.
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 12:39 am
quote : #64
If were being totally candid about our Q3 performance, I suck. I'm on a free dial-up ISP that gives me pings of no less than 250ms, and I play with the controller. That's the nice thing about playing Q3 DC though, no one is gloaty.

I think Saturdays would be a good idea, seeming as that seems to be the time most people are available. However, we can't neglect the folks who can only frag monday-friday. So, Saturday Slaughter and Weekday Warfare? Of course clans would be able to schedule their own grudge matches any time, but some guidlines might help in assuring that every spot gets filled.

Personally, I don't plan on playing anything other than vanilla Q3. I'm not a huge fan of all the different rail mods. Especially when you're playing on 56k with high latency.

Also, I have far too much time on my hands.

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 4:34 am
quote : #65
thats a really cool flag looks really great and looks like you took some time to make it too !
And hey as long as we can all play let it be dial up/broadband it doesnt really matter if we can all like get together in a game then it would be amzing enough so that i guess weekeend eh? sounds great now just get a time in which peopl dont have to be up at 4 am and it should be great

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 5:49 am
quote : #66
Type: Pal
It doesnt matter how mucgh a practice at Q3 I reach a certain level and a barrier comes down, that level is normaly semi shite and thats as good as I get. It could be a lot to do with my connection as Im on the crappy pal modem playing from the UK. Normaly I aim to get 5 frags frags in per game anyting more and Im happy over 15 Im exstatic.

Laters
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 7:53 am
quote : #67
Einhander wrote:

Personally, I don't plan on playing anything other than vanilla Q3. I'm not a huge fan of all the different rail mods. Especially when you're playing on 56k with high latency.

Actually that's almost exactly like me too. The only mod I respect/like is Rocket Arena because it reminds me on Halo's rocket ball which was my favorite mode. And that flag rocks, and we'd be abbreviated to The D.I.D.S.
First rule about D.I.D.S., alright you know I'll just let Fight Club be...
rank 11
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 11:01 am
quote : #68
Einhander has a great point... We should schedule matches twice a week - once on a weekday and once on a weekend... Also, yes, squads should be able to schedule their matches whenever they want, but at the same time, I think we need weekly matches that everyone attends... so, for the sake of not confusing anyone, let me break it down like this: (of course this is all hypothetical and not the actual days and times)

Wednesday: 8 P.M. EST (1 A.M. GMT0)

On wednesdays, all the squads (that are available and can make it to the matches) will get on and have their opponents already picked out, and thus will play. So basically, we could have, perhaps 2 -3 servers going at one time, considering not all squads will be able to make it on the weekdays.

Saturday: 8 P.M. EST (1 A.M. GMT0)

This would of course be the day where the majority of people would be on: again, just like on Wednesdays, the squads will have challenged each other via the OnlineConsole forums, and will battle it out.

***** MIND YOU, THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLE TIMES - WE WILL SETTLE ON APPROPRIATE TIMES WHERE THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE CAN MAKE IT AT A LATER DATE *****

Other than those two days, if two clans really want to have a match and can't make it to one of the days, or just want some more fragging competition (and not have to wait until wednesday or saturday) then they can schedule their own matches.

What do you guys think? I mean, this is all pretty much self-explantory, but I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. Also, if this is good, I'm gonna go ahead and write up some basic squad-match rules and figure out a point system for squad rankings. [/list]

Posted Sat May 28, 2005 11:02 am:

Also, Einhander, I dig you flag - it's killer.

Oh, and one other thing - we still need people to pair up with another person... should we do the pairing randomly or should everyone pick their mate? It doesn't matter to me, it just seems as if the random thing would work better because it seems like no one wants to pick their partners and whatnot... what do you guys think?

Last edited by NibelheimPromise on Sat May 28, 2005 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 11:38 am
quote : #69
Type: Pal
You should use GMT not EST. Its a basic rule of the site and even the profile pages and game schedule require you too use GMT. I dont see why you would want to change that and confuse things. Its one of the things Lordnikon was trying to introduce to make everyone understand the GMT thing so everyone knows when games are, its not hard realy.

As for the whole clan/squad thing I think I'll opt out as its highly unlikely anyone will be on around the same time as me besides the people i already play with. I will just continue to put my games on the schedule or put them on the game organisation board if its late notice.

There will be a game on the schedule for around 23:30 GMT0 tonight, I'll post it in a mo.

Laters
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 11:46 am
quote : #70
Ah yes, but I was just using EST because it was the first one that came to mind... and... like I said: it was an example I was using.

anyhow, that's cool if you don't want to be apart of it blast - I understand your reasoning completely
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 11:52 am
quote : #71
8 sounds great for me totally ill be on it yeah this wednesday only until 10 since we all know thats a great time for me on channel 4 but ill be on it at 8 no problem ( well maybe dinner time will get in the way but ill try to get out of it so its ok)

NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 12:12 pm
quote : #72
I personally hope 8 p.m EST / 1 a.m. GMT0 is the time we settle on as well charmed. But, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what everyone has open.
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 12:18 pm
quote : #73
Well I'm eastern time as well, so I'm totally down with that. Very Happy
rank 6
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 12:22 pm
quote : #74
The whole twice a week thing fits perfectly. All we need to know now are the times of play and the match rules (5 min, 30 frags, team play, etc.). I think that every clan should have their own site, and that the clan focusus on ALL online compatable dreamcast games like 4x4 and pso.
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 12:27 pm
quote : #75
Khalill wrote:
I think that every clan should have their own site, and that the clan focusus on ALL online compatable dreamcast games like 4x4 and pso.

Let's get this off the ground before we try expansion....