Sun May 29, 2005 4:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
id just like to thank all users who told me to get a dreamcast....its quality

space channel 5 is great
crazy taxi is cool
the shenmue is kinda hard but i like
etc

god knows how this console failed...anyways, thanks to all the users im a proud owner dreamcast...thanx again guys

http://www.profileheaven.com/spencer : Me Is Here

http://www.faceparty.com/justspencer : Also Me
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun May 29, 2005 4:16 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
ur welcome, t'is a good console (jet set radio be my favourite) hope you have more fun.
unknown
Posted:
Sun May 29, 2005 4:22 pm
quote : #3
yup dc is just the place to be for great quality games that are made for playabillity and fun. glad your liking it.
Posted:
Sun May 29, 2005 6:10 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Pleased your enjoying your Dreamcast...personally I much prefer the DC over any of the others...I just really feel at home when I am playing on the DC...and whenever I am on XBOX, PS2, Gamecube etc, I am always thinking about what I could be playing on the DC instead, which is why I just never reallt seem to click with other consoles and indeed the games on those consoles.

I am sure I am not the only one who thinks that the DC for some reason (I can't even really put my finger on it) is just so special, it just baffles me that more people havent realised? Anyway, I am also a proud DC owner and I hope you have many memorable gaming moments to come on your DC Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sun May 29, 2005 9:28 pm
quote : #5
I just feel better playing Sega's brainchild. When playing graphical powerhouses like DOOM 3, I'm not as impressed as when I'm playing SOA and go through a super beautiful dungeon or beat MDK2. It's hard to explain, but I just dig the Dreamcast sooo much more than anything else out on the market today.
rank 13
Posted:
Sun May 29, 2005 9:52 pm
quote : #6
Isn't it funny when we think about it? Although it wasn't what made it go out of work compleatly, a whole lot of it was because of the unbeliveable hype that the PS2 whent through, but in the end every one just STFU'd and got an X-box. Isn't that weird?
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 12:52 am
quote : #7
oh thats awesome that you really like your dreamcast so much , and guess you told the right people since everyone here is like totally into it too . Anyway yeah nice point TTs everyone here ( well most ) moved to xbox and yeah sega had and still has some of the most innovative games ever and I just feel like when playign games developed by them that Im playing a game which is just great like space channel which i must say 1 of those 1 of a kind games since killing aliens with dance moves is just way too cool and something you dont really see . So yeah its really great to know you like it so much and hey I hope you find more games that impress you as much as those you mentioned Smile

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 9:51 am
quote : #8
TTS wrote:
Isn't it funny when we think about it? Although it wasn't what made it go out of work compleatly, a whole lot of it was because of the unbeliveable hype that the PS2 whent through, but in the end every one just STFU'd and got an X-box. Isn't that weird?

Actually, Dreamcast was outselling PS2 when Sega stopped supporting it. Sorry to bring that fact up again, but I think it's something that must be known. When I look at interviews with people from Sony, EA, and even Square, they all like to boast that it's mostly their fault that Dreamcast lost the public's eye. In fact, it never did, Sega ran out of the funds to support the console plain and simple. AND that is why I'm no longer diggin' EA.
rank 13
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 10:00 am
quote : #9
Well, after every media hype that the PS2 was even possible of (I'm still waiting to be able to stream music and download streaming video Sony) it clearly is what made Sega tap out into submission. Because the Dreamcast didn't do as well in Japan as it did In America during launch, the PS2 caught the world's attention, and thus more people were looking forword to that.

I won't lie and say the Dreamcast didn't have a huge fanbase. But the problem was that magic little word, hype. Hype is what makes a console sell. Sony made unbeliveable(see above) hype about how the Playstation 2 was supost to be this wonderus system that could play DVD's (IMO, thats one of the main factors that made people buy it), surf the net (which I belive never did, I never owned a PS2, but I hope to get one this Summer), and clearly have a greater graphics hardwear. That also helped third-party develipors jump ship and go swimming to the Playstation 2.
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 11:37 am
quote : #10
Dreamcast rocks, especially because of games like PSO, where DC is the only place it's still free to play online.
I have over 40 Dreamcast games and I doubt I have over 5 that I don't like
Posted:
Tue May 31, 2005 4:23 pm
quote : #11
Type: Pal
Glad you like your DC Smile now get it online!!!! take the site name as a hint.

The PS1 killed the DC not the PS2 or its hype. The PS1 was and is an amazing machine its popularity led to many people believing the PS2 would be Jesus.

Laters
Posted:
Tue May 31, 2005 4:38 pm
quote : #12
"the ps1 is an amazing machine" we must both own 2 different machines. im sorry but imho there is nothing amazing about the ps1. i agree tho the dc was doomed from the start simply cos of the popularity the ps1 had and the doubt sega had caused in previous hard ware balls ups. anyway this has all been done into the ground before and it just makes me pissed off thinking about it. hope you get your dc online soon mate, tis a wonderous machine.
Posted:
Tue May 31, 2005 5:00 pm
quote : #13
The PS1 was an amasing machine due to its popularity, not to its hardware. Untill the PS1 came out, i never thought a console could find its way into that many houses. I also never thought the 900 games in the NES's library could ever be topped, but the PS1 ended up with near 1300!

The PSX Hardware cant really do 2D or 3D well though. I cant stand to go back and look at a PSX game, how did i ever think that looked good?
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:39 am
quote : #14
Well, I don't agree that PS1 killed the Dreamcast by a longshot. But their launch was matched by FFVIII, which is, in my opinion, one of the worst FF. Neutral
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:07 am
quote : #15
The only thing that's been good about the PS1 and PS2 is the marketing engine behind them. The hardware and software have been utter shite, and the very reason I have stayed well clear of both machines. I hope the third one improves in these areas and doesn't rely on unsubstantiated hype like its predacessors.