Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
circ
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Just wondering if all the dreamcast rumble packs are the same? or are there some shit ones out there etc?

Cheers

Circ

CONTACT ME VIA PM OR EMAIL IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME
icepick
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:55 pm
quote : #2
I've heard that some don't closely follow Sega's specification, and are more likely to burn out that... controller board "fuse-resistor" that seems to be so popular. Not only that, but I've heard that while some offer more powerful force feedback (likely causing the fried resistor), lots don't offer the same wide range of types of feedback that the official Sega one does... As in, all feedback feels the same, whether you're digging up the grass in Daytona or hitting cloud nine in Rez.

Some people swear by particular packs from particular companies, though... I'm not able to remember which they are, though. I do know that if you use third-party packs, you should probably limit their simultaneous use to one or two controllers at a time, to be safe.
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:55 pm
quote : #3
I've notice more of a kick with the Mad Catz rumble pack than the Sega Jump Pack. It's fun to use it in the "'high rumble" game SOA and stuff.
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:17 am
quote : #4
hey go to ebay uk right now they got these really cool sega official sealed rumble packs everywhere on it for 99 p start and they never go too high so yeah i would advise you to get 1 cos they problably the safest to not blow up your dreamcast and you along with it too ( sorry just a litttle joke )