Page 1 of 1
Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:43 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
I have a server set up. but is there any way for me to enable a callvote so users can vote to kick those annoying people who just spectate and chat. also is there any way i can communicate with users from my command console and kick them at will?

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:46 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
To allow users to vote to kick users or change maps/gametypes, put this line in your .cfg file:

set g_allowVote "1"

To talk to people who are playing at your server while you're watching the command console, type

say Blah blah blah

With "blah blah blah being your message, obviously. Your server's players would see "Console: Blah blah blah" at the top of their screen.

While you're at your server, type "status", which will show you all players on your server, their pinjg time, and also a number that Quake uses to represent them. It should look similar to this:

num score ping name lastmsg address qport rate
--- ----- ---- --------------- ------- --------------------- ----- -----
1.......4.......300....Einhander
2.......6.......210....OtherGuy
3.....19.......0........ Visor

So, if you wanted to kick Einhander, you would simply type

kick 1

and I would get my ass booted from your game.

Some other useful commands are addbot and heartbeat. Addbot lets you put a bot player into your game, but in order to do so, you have to start your Q3 server with the Q3 PC disc in your cd-rom drive. I'm a little fuzzy on it's use, so I can't tell you the exact command right now. Something along the lines of "addbot 1 1" to determine which team and which difficulty the bot will spawn at.

Heartbeat just resends your server information to the master list. Sometimes, if your server isn't showing up for some reason on the master list, sending a heartbeat to the master servers can help. Q3 does this automatically, but only at set intervals.

Anyway, I hope this info helped.