Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So I was just playing the original power stone... and I consider myself pretty damn good at PS... but for some reason (maybe it was because I haven't played power stone in a couple of months) but I could not beat valgas... Not because I lacked the skill I don't think... but the a.i. would always find a way to totally screw me over... I mean, it would get to the point where I was in awe of what the computer just pulled... I mean, it was some ridiculous shit.

I mean, I think we all know some games for the DC are hilariously cheap at times (cough, propeller arena, any street figher game) but usually they're not so incredibly cheap that you can't beat the game... But, for some reason power stone was so incredibly retarded tonight that I actually started laughing outloud at what was happening... I think why I got so mad at PS is because the game is totally fun but let's face it: that game involves hardly any skill whatsoever. All you do is hope you get the stones and then unleash your ginormous attack (which for some reason never hurts the a.i. as much as the a.i. hurts you when they do theirs).

Anyone experience this with power stone?
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:05 pm
quote : #2
ahhhh i cant since i bought this game and it didnt work but i did get my refund back and the non working game is under my tv lol
so I got the game but cant play it at all
still looks like fun and sometimes a game doesnt need any skills to play them i guess, and that still something which sometimes we all need , a break from reality eh ? Very Happy

NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:13 pm
quote : #3
well I don't mind games that don't have any skills because the ones that don't require any skill are usually extremely fun... but when games are just insanly hard and don't require any skill - it just infuriates me... and I'm not even the type of person to get pissed at video games but tonight when I playing PS I actually threw my controller in complete frustration.
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:44 pm
quote : #4
The only part I don't like is Gunrock. He transforms into this giant stone guy about a quarter the size of the entire room and starts rolling around. He does way too much damage.

NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:48 pm
quote : #5
"He does way too much damage." That's the story of that entire game. Everyone does way too much damage, and you don't do enough. it's so annoying.
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:37 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
well what usualy works for me is not bothering to attack normally and only attack when your all powerd up, oh and never let the computer ever get anywhere near the power stones.
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:35 am
quote : #7
haha that's easier said than done monkey... Mr. Green Well I ended up going back and playing through the game with Falcon instead of rogue - and actually I beat valgas my first time. of course I completely forgot about the FINAL boss... So I had to fight him 3 times - but compared to valgas, once you figure out what the final boss is all about, he's extremely easy.

rawr - stupid valgas!
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:06 pm
quote : #8
I am a Powerstone master. I'm still undefeated [versus humans]. I'm the best with Ayame...

...it's the only game I'm good at. *whimper*

Powerstone was my first [and for a while, my only] Dreamcast game. Got it on 9/9/99. It took me a while to get used to everything and defeat Valgas, which took forever. But once I got in my groove, the computer always trembles whenever I grab the controller. I still don't think that the hardest difficulty is hard enough.

Forgive my bragging and arrogance, it's just that this is the only game that I seem to have a knack for.

Here's a tip for Valgas: Don' t let him transform. If he does. Keep moving - never stop. When he jumps and shoots his green balls at you, you jump TOWARDS Valgas, thus evading his balls. If you run directly underneath him, [I think] he shouldn't be able to hit you. He'll fall back to the ground and you grab his ass, pummel him, then run away. Repeat.
Posted:
Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:27 pm
quote : #9
Or just lower the dificulty Very Happy .