Topic: Dream Eye Camera, Anybody?

Page 1 of 1
freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I've seen this DC camera on Ebay as well as in a DC magazine and was wondering if any one here has one and could give me some info on how good it works and what not?

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:45 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
It's funny that you should mention the Dreameye. I actually had mine out yesterday and was playing around with it.

They're really cool. You can capture pictures just as if it were a digital camera (which it is), then bring it back to your Dreamcast and upload them. You can either e-mail them or edit them in the built-in Adobe editing application.

Another neat feature is the ability to record live video and then save it to a VMU and either e-mail it or just give the VMU to someone.
An even cooler feature is the voice/video conferencing feature. If another person has a Dreameye you can call them up and see each other as well as talk to one another.

The reason I had mine out yesterday was because I heard they're broadband compatible, which would make a lot of sense for the video conferencing. Haven't tried it out yet, but I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'll also see if I can post a few sample pictures with it. The resolution is pretty good and the pictures are really clear.

- Dreamcast ™

keiblerfan69
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:41 pm
quote : #3
she once again everyone thinks sony was so innovative with the Eyetoy buy Dreamcast had one first. Dreamcast was so ahead of its time. im thinking of getting one of these
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:58 am
quote : #4
Type: Pal
I have 2 of these and have used it quite a bit in the past. Only a few things to mention realy one being that only another DC can view the video the Dreameye takes it cannot be viewed by PC or Mac. This is a bit annoying if you wanna send a vid across the country to someone and they dont have a DC. All the sites where you used to be able to download videos too are now gone so you can realy only send them via email which gives them a pretty limited use realy. As far as I know you need a Ch@b account to use the video phone option which once again gives it a very limited use as not many people have one of those, in fact I dont think you can get a Ch@b account anymore so unless you already have one the video phone featurte may be useless. Picture quality is very good and they make nice photos to post on the net the only annoying thing is that the Visual park software can only download one photo from a VMU card at a time. This makes moving large banks of photos from the Dreameye to the web a very tedious task, you either need lots of empty VMU's or lots of time. I now find it far easier just to take a picture with my mobile phone (Cell phone) and send it to my email even though it costs me money its far less hassle than using the Dreameye. The Dreameye is great as a fun toy and can be used to post up photos on the net as but as a practical useable digital camera its not the best method in the world. I wouldent reccomend paying over £30 for one.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:03 am
quote : #5
Not sure on needing a Chab account. From what I saw when I tried to access that feature, it's a peer - peer connection through your telephone line. Sort of like Netlink for Saturn.

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:12 am
quote : #6
yea u can make a chab account still i know some one that will do it for u if ur havving problems making one but the only thing i cant do is to get my chab to work

Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:20 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U
I have a website that you can upload your dreameye pictures to, and then it will send them to your computer in JPEG format. Kinda like how teh PSO screenshot thingy works. Ill find the address later. I havent pulled mine out in a long time though. But I go ta BBA coming in the next few days and I would like to see if its compatable. If you would like to attempt the video conference that would be really cool cause i have really wanted to try it out. lemme know.

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:56 am
quote : #8
Yeah the Dreameye is pretty good, but really only as a toy to be honest, the picture quality is pretty low, but certainly not bad. havent really spent all that much time with it to be honest as nobody seems to know all that much about how the functions work...would be interested in learning more about it actually. Never heard of it supporting the BBA before though, that would be very interesting if it does as I do have the BBA, although the video phone would have to use the modem for dialing line to line I assume?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:05 pm
quote : #9
Type: Pal
Ohh right I realy didnt think you could make Ch@baccounts anymore I thought thyey stopped issueing them ages ago.

There was a site for converting pics and video it was called Droleen I think but I seem to have forgotten the correct URL so I'll have to see if I can look it up. If I can get a Ch@b account I wou7ld have a look at the videophone if only for a laugh.

Craig I have English instructions for the Dreameye if you want I can photo copy them and post them out or I could when i have time copy and post them up here, would take a while mind lol.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:20 pm
quote : #10
Hi m8,

No its ok, I think I have the exact same instructions because I bought mine from "reliableUKseller" on ebay, which is where you got your from isnt it?

I have taken a few pics and tranferred them in the past and did make a video once as well but thats all I really did...and I think (from what I can remember) thats all the instructions really cover? Thanks for the offer though m8. If it does turn out that we can do the video phone or conferencing I would be more than happy to give it a shot some time would be good for a laugh if nothing else.

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com