Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:35 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: Pal
I just checked the codes section at http://www.gamefaqs.com and yes there were links there specificaly saying Patch code, unfortunately all links are dead. It seems Gameshark took down the page where that code was. The places this code seems to have been hosted are Gameshark and Gamesaves.de, gameshark page down, gamesaves.de site gone. Just spent another 45 mins searching various sites, all I get is codes for always player 1's turn or always play 2's turn. I'll keep going.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:40 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
It says I have to sign up for that site. What is the url of the file(s) to be downloaded?

- Dreamcast ™

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:23 am
quote : #18
Blast wrote:
I just checked the codes section at http://www.gamefaqs.com and yes there were links there specificaly saying Patch code, unfortunately all links are dead. It seems Gameshark took down the page where that code was. The places this code seems to have been hosted are Gameshark and Gamesaves.de, gameshark page down, gamesaves.de site gone. Just spent another 45 mins searching various sites, all I get is codes for always player 1's turn or always play 2's turn. I'll keep going.

Laters

Hi,

had a quick look around gamefaqs, but couldnt see any mention of it, but at least you found something. I assume then that if this file was also on the Gameshark site, it must have been a gameshark file?..what do ya think?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:54 am
quote : #19
yeah i dont see any mention of a patch file over at gamefaqs eather.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
moi
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:07 am
quote : #20
Hi guys!
I've been searching for the pc version patch just to see what was changed in the gamecode after the patch and found this page which has an somekind inofficial patch:

http://pauth.com/CP_Ignore_FAQ.htm#18

i hope this is kinda helpfull....

EDIT: here is an interesting thread on their Board:
http://www.pauth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40&highlight=maximum+pool

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:36 am
quote : #21
Hi Moi,

Interesting link there thanks, just been taking a look...and decided to put a thread up on their forums to see if anyone can help..seems pretty active there as well so fingers crossed.

Cheers, Craig

PS: Here is a very interesting post from the site admin "Tino" who could be a help to us:

http://pauth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=190

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:42 am
quote : #22
Apologies for the gamefaqs info my mistake. It does actualy say patch code when you hit code next to maximum pool but as a test I tried searching speed devils online and it says patch code there too when you hit code, kinda confusing. Hope that something turns up from the thread at the new message board, I imagine they will be quite helpful.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:52 am
quote : #23
Blast wrote:
Apologies for the gamefaqs info my mistake. It does actualy say patch code when you hit code next to maximum pool but as a test I tried searching speed devils online and it says patch code there too when you hit code, kinda confusing. Hope that something turns up from the thread at the new message board, I imagine they will be quite helpful.

Laters

Ah ok no probs m8 Laughing

Yeah that message I posted from Tino gives a lot of info, a lot of which goes over my head so if anyone else wants to take a look to see if they can make any sense of it feel free, although it really seem to be of more relevence to the COOL POOL game which uses the same servers. Hopefully someone..maybe Tino....will post a reply to the thread I put up on their boards which will help us out.

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:29 pm
quote : #24
I just made a post on the old dcog message boards. Hopefully it will reach someone who can help.
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:07 pm
quote : #25
dwachill wrote:
I just made a post on the old dcog message boards. Hopefully it will reach someone who can help.

OK, cool...will keep an eye on the thread

Found a couple more interesting links today, the second of which had Blast posting...lol:

http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=25094&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=maximum+po ol&start=40 - Annoying but functional? wonder what that means?

http://web.archive.org/web/20030612152736/dcog.proboards9.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display &num=1048724813 - Found this one archived, shows WWJD saying that the Max pool servers were offline...? well we know the PC servers are still up?

Cheers, Craig

PS: Also sent WWJD a PM, thought it was worth a go, even though Blast has already tried...could have missed the email alert the firs time..who knows

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:36 pm
quote : #26
Hey, can you log into the gamesaves.de on archive.org? If so would anyone care to share there old username/password, as you cant register now and its not doing much good anyways.
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:46 pm
quote : #27
dwachill wrote:
Hey, can you log into the gamesaves.de on archive.org? If so would anyone care to share there old username/password, as you cant register now and its not doing much good anyways.

Is there a archive of gamesaves.de there? I never had an account anyway I dont think but maybe someone else can help.

Nice links Segadreamcaster lets keep plodding away. I looked on DCOG earlier you found more than I did. Somewhere I imagine there must be a discussion where its announced Max pool is dead and is comming off the list, I dont think it would have just been taken off without a notice.

ANYWAY... the reason Im here now well Ive been online now 2 hours looking for that save and still not found it anywhere. I did find an archive of gamesaves.de that didnt work by what seems to be a Brazilian called Blackhat from what I could undersatnad anyway. I got this following statement from gamesaves.de which has been translated by alta vista, is this a message from the gamesaves.de ex webmasters or just a domain for sale advert?

www.gamesaves.de ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Interest in this project/to these Domain? They wanted interest to these Top Domain and below these the project further with us to develop? Announce yourselves simply to us! Alternatively you can take over this Domain/dieses project completely! It received then the complete rights to these Domain as well as contents provided on it! Please you send us a E-Mail for price information. Juergen Riedel? Landhausstr. 110? 70190 Stuttgart? Tel: 0711/2865799? gamesaves.de@citymedia.de? USTID: DE218428609 * This offer exclusively addresses itself to commercial prospective customers.

I only got 4 hours sleep the last 3 days and now due to my searching it looks like not much more today so Im to tired to act on this lol. If i get time too tommorow I wil but if not Im sure someone else can.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:35 pm
quote : #28
Type: PAL
www.gamesaves.de ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Interest in this project/to these Domain? They wanted interest to these Top Domain and below these the project further with us to develop? Announce yourselves simply to us! Alternatively you can take over this Domain/dieses project completely! It received then the complete rights to these Domain as well as contents provided on it! Please you send us a E-Mail for price information. Juergen Riedel? Landhausstr. 110? 70190 Stuttgart? Tel: 0711/2865799? gamesaves.de@citymedia.de? USTID: DE218428609 * This offer exclusively addresses itself to commercial prospective customers.

I only got 4 hours sleep the last 3 days and now due to my searching it looks like not much more today so Im to tired to act on this lol. If i get time too tommorow I wil but if not Im sure someone else can.

Laters[/quote]

It's not only a domain sale , looks like the old owner still own the project and the old website

He says :

Interested for this domain / project

Are you Interested @ this domain or want to help/develope this project ? Contact us
Alternatively you can buy the domain and the project completly .
You will get the domain and all files
Please send us an email with your pricing

If you guys wish , create a text and i will translate it to german and contact this guy :]
limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:17 pm
quote : #29
hey
I don't have Maximum Pool, but this whole thing really caught my attention. I've never even seen a backup or original of this game, but if somebody has a backup that they could make me a copy of so I could look at it and try to help figure out how to get it up, or at least provide some suggestions, I'd be glad to help y'all.

It seems that at one point the PC server must have went down temporarily, but then came back up. It might have something to do with the Half-Life WON servers going down. they might have done some changes to the server that made the save file not work. There has to be SOME difference in the server the DC version points to and the server the new patched PC version points to...even if it is the same address. People should log packets on the PC version to research how it works and maybe find some differences. Then maybe a codebreaker code could be made to change the way the DC connects to the server, much like people did with the PSO server that we're not allowed to talk about here.
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:25 pm
quote : #30
yea i thought there might be a identifier in the pc and dc ver for the server to tell what platform it was and the dc's identifier is being blocked for some reason. the servers are up y would they block the dc from going online fully what would make a diffrence what platform played the game online it wouldent bother me if i had a game the had a discontinued platforme that played on the servers i smell somthing screwie but i cant tell what it is