Page Location: Home > Maximum Pool > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:07 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
Madmaxx, that just might be it. maybe the save file/patch changed the identifier from DC to PC. all the same, maybe a DC-savvy programmer could program a new save file to do the same thing or a codebreaker code to change the identifier-that is-if there IS an identifier
Posted:
Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:35 pm
quote : #32
Type: NTSC-U/C
thats the only thing i can think of how its being blocked from accesing the servers someone needs to sniff the pacits of the pc and the dc ver to c if theres a idintifier or anything diffrent about the two about they accses the server and another thing is y are they blocking the dc ver of the game if the servers are still up i mabe wrong but somthings leading me in that direction.somthing just smells funny on y they would be blocking and not allowing the dc ver of the game to go on and play with the pc i mean is that what its supposed to do sorry if im going on to much about the same thing

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:31 am
quote : #33
Hi all,

OK, possibly BREAKING NEWS, the guy who is resposible for various programming of software and patches for the PC version of maximum pool and cool pool (TINO) has said he could probably make a patch for us as he seems to know the servers etc inside out...now this may come to nothing, so lets just see what happens. He has asked some questions on the basics of transferring things with the DC and PC, which I have answered in as much detail as I could..so Im just hoping we have some luck, it might be as well though if someone a little more knowledgable that myself (Lordnikon!?!?) had a chat with this guy.

Heres a link to thread...may be worth keeping an eye on:

http://pauth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1556#1556

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:37 am
quote : #34
Excellent work! If it's game save dumps he needs, I have a utility for editing DC game saves. By talking with the Dreamcast, is he making reference to the PC/DC dialup server or just the protocol for client to server communication in general?

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:59 am
quote : #35
Hi all,

I think he is talking about any form of link up between a DC and a PC...or at least thats what I took him to mean but im not sure.

As for archives.org, yes there are some pages of gamesaves.de archived there as well as maximumpool.com actually which I was looking at, it would certainly we worth trying a username and password if anyone has one, but I seriously doubt if it will work as there are amny pages missing.

Interesting translation there Blast, didnt think of that...going by that then he still owns the domain and the site...this is good...perhaps you would like to write something for Fallout to translate and send onto him? was your find after all...could certainly be another break through if we could get him to send us the file...what ya think?

Cheers, Craig

PS: Well done to everyone so far, thanks for lending your eyes and ears to this...so far this thread is doing very well and better than I had expected...so hopefully this will lead us to a conclusion of some kind, weather it be good or bad Confused

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:09 am
quote : #36
good job in finding a posable lead segadreamcaster

wasent the game normaly able to play against the pc on the servers. he might need to know if he has a dialup account "exluding some like aol" that he can use to get his dc online

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:48 am
quote : #37
Type: Pal
I will if I get time later write up something to send to the Gamesaves.de webmaster. Fallout it would be a great help and much apreciated if you could translate ti Smile .

I noticed the reply by Tino early this morning it is quite good news isnt it Mr. Green This thread is indeed doing well and the best thing is we seem to be making a bit of progress in different directions rather than having all our eggs in one basket.

Good work all, keep it up.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:21 pm
quote : #38
Hi,

Ok no probs, if you get a chance to type something then cool, if not we can always try contacting at a later date.

Yes I am quite interested in Tino's response, may well amount to nothing but its certainly a positive step.

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:39 pm
quote : #39
huh i cant seem to get on tinos site. it might be having problems i dunno

ok i was worried i got back on his site it must have been a server fart on my connection was having a fart

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:20 pm
quote : #40
Some words mean different things in the USA than they do in the UK, maybe FART is one of them Smile

*Blast farts and leaves*

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:53 pm
quote : #41
fart is the stinky gas that ither leaks or explodes out ur butt

Posted Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:56 pm:

wow i think tino is working on the saves i hope he gets them to work
he said the save file was pointing at old server that dont exist anymore.
but he is going to edit the saves to point to the current ones

Hawkzero
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:11 pm
quote : #42
Hey,
Dreamcaster, you said you needed greater detail about the dc><pc connection? Try this this site, it has lots of info and other stuff. http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/index.shtml
Hope this helps,
Hawkzer0

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:17 pm
quote : #43
oh hell yea i am online playing against people in max pool i downloaded the updated save download he made and it works hell yea hes the shit i think its the one named max2.vmi now nikon needs to go and download the max2.vmi and take the game of the offline and put it on the online

andyspof
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:31 pm
quote : #44
maxium pool is back online! hell ya, sga dreamcaster lets play tomorrow maybe....

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:21 am
quote : #45
Hi all

Thanks to everyone who helped with this project and put time into it, it was greatly appreciated. Ok some back slapping followed by further notes.

1: Thanks to me Smile and Segadreamcaster for continualy banging on about max pool like a pair of old farts.
2: Very special thanks to Segadreamcaster for finding a link to Pauth which was the critical find in bringing the game back.
3: Thanks to Madmax for being the first to succesfully test the game online for DC
4: Thanks to Lordnikon for allowing myself and Segadreamcaster to bang on about Max pool on the forum like a pair of old farts and resisting the urge to lock the topics Mr. Green
5: Thanks to Tino from Pauth for supplying the vital new save that has put the game back online.
6: Thanks to everyone who took time out of there day to help research this thread, as you can see its been well worth it.

Anyone I missed please PM me and I'll add you in.

Now the worst bit about all of this LMAO after banging on about Max pool for such a long time would you believe I dont even own a copy of the game, best get looking.

Laters