Page Location: Home > Maximum Pool > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:22 am
quote : #46
profile : pm
yep, it working! just played someone. but i gotta get an OC game before the night is done!

mad props to segaDCer, who inlisted the help of tino, who is now santioned a DC god.

soo.... who wants to play!?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:37 am
quote : #47
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi all,

YEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!! I have also now tested and can indeed confirm the game is BACK ONLINE!!!!!!

What else can I say, this is the biggest news to hit the Dreamcast online scen in years I can't believe it.

My thanks go to:

Blast: If it wasnt for him this investigation would never have begun

Lordnikon: For generally being receptive to out ideas and tolerant of out nagging Laughing

Moi: You may have missed his post, but I may not have found Tino without him

Maddmaxx for trying the save before me... Crying or Very sad ....I really would have loved to have made the announcement first but I had to sleep Crying or Very sad But I understand your excitement mate Laughing

Everyone who has helped: You have all been stars I cant thak you all enough

And of course I helped a little bit Wink

OK, well...lordnikon, best pop the game back on the online games list and host the file/s somewhere on this site....wicked...Enjoy everyone

Cheers, Craig

BLAST.....WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Here is a link to the page where to files are: http://pauth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1575#1575 until lord hosts them, which im sure he will

Last edited by segadreamcaster on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:51 am
quote : #48
sorry for stealing the glory i didnt mean to but i did thank the people that was really really responsable like u and blast and tino i made shure they knew who put the effort in to it

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:55 am
quote : #49
Type: Pal
BLAST.....WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh we sure did Smile

Just outa interest I was looking back now at the posts and Lordnikon posted the Topic Maximum pool questions answerd on July 20 2004. Its taken just under 11 months and if my maths is correct 144 posts from both topics before Max pool was back online.

No glory stealin mad max mate Im not worried about that although I bet everyone wishes they could have been first to announce it, just first come first serve realy. What Im realy interested in now is getting a copy of the game so I can play online Smile bet ebay auctions gonna be hard to win now lol.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:00 am
quote : #50
Type: PAL
well im goin to have to get myself a copy of this game now, always loved pool games. ok was this game released in europe and if so was the pal version online aswell, thanks.
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:02 am
quote : #51
im lost i can buy this game on ebay ? why didnt i ever heard of it ?
and if i do do i just puti it in the dreamcast then it wil be easy to go online or something like it ?
congrats on getting it done by the way Razz

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:02 am
quote : #52
maddmaxx wrote:
sorry for stealing the glory i didnt mean to but i did thank the people that was really really responsable like u and blast and tino i made shure they knew who put the effort in to it

Yeah its ok maddmaxx, not too concerned just glad its back Laughing

Yeah Blast it probably is something like that...amazing.....the funny thing is, maximum pool is now our busiest online gmae with someone to play 24/7 never seems to be under 100 players, should be great

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:05 am
quote : #53
Nice! I hate pool Mr. Green but it's great to see one more game on the online game list ! And hopefully some peopel come
back to play Online pool on really full servers , i know it cause i own the pc version : D

I'll post the save file on some Vmu save sites , so we cannot loose the file once again lol
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:36 am
quote : #54
The main servers will probably go offline before I can ever get my DC-PC dialup server to connect. Sad

If anyone uses this type of configuration to connect, and have successfully made a connection, please post! The Dreamcast drops the connection before it even connects. I think it has something to do with the init strings, so if anyone knows of a site with a list of init strings for the Dreamcast, they would be greatly appreciated.

- Dreamcast ™

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:41 am
quote : #55
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
The main servers will probably go offline before I can ever get my DC-PC dialup server to connect. Sad

If anyone uses this type of configuration to connect, and have successfully made a connection, please post! The Dreamcast drops the connection before it even connects. I think it has something to do with the init strings, so if anyone knows of a site with a list of init strings for the Dreamcast, they would be greatly appreciated.

- Dreamcast ™

Yeah I had that with maximum pool as well, when I was trying....perhaps someone can help...not sure myself. I can't imagine the servers will be going offline anytime soon, so I shouldnt worry about that, the game is thriving online so pulling it down would have a big knock on effect

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:46 am
quote : #56
Dreamcast ™ wrote:

- Dreamcast ™

Did you tried to forward all ports ,? Then you can see if thats the problem . I would need to search
deep in my comp to find my settings (havent been online for 5 months Sad ) But i had no problems
connecting my dc over my pc using win2k and suse 9.0

Btw I Uploaded both saves to blueswirl , and posted the info on the brazilian site of dc online gaming :]
Soon we have the same prob as on quake lol to many brazils :]

http://conexao.4.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=2250

EDIT:

Ok i have posted this now one some sites , my job is done

http://dreamennia2.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=online&action=display&thread=1119004398

http://boards.sega.com/sega/viewtopic.php?t=37546

http://conexao.4.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=2250

http://www.dcarena.de/viewtopic.php?p=6131#6131

-
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:26 am
quote : #57
Hi fallout,

Thanks for spreading the word, I have laso posted on a couple of forums to let people know...excellent...I am still in shock to be honest Shocked I cannot believe it came about that easily in the end. All it took was someone who knew the game inside out, so what an excellent suprise.

PLEASE NOTE: Anybody who is thinking that this can be done for all game now...stop, as far as I know maximum pool was the only game this was possible with, even PBA bowling wouldn't work in the same way as there is no actual server, it was hosted by the DC or PC, plus the PC version is also offline apart from direct IP connection (although PC-C still hasnt been tested I dont think)...perhaps something can be done with PBA but its hard to know. But whatever don't think all games are suddenly gonna start coming back up, it wont happen...just in case people (especially noobs) think this is the start of DC online returning to its former glory.

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:38 am
quote : #58
Actually, by the looks of it, someone who had never even heard of a Dreamcast could have done this. I'm surprised no one had figured this out until now. I took a look inside of the save file to see what he did or implemented and judging by what I briefly saw, all he did was just change the address. It looks like the server addresses are stored right in the save. Anyone with a downloaded save can open it up and take a look at it.

This isn't to say that this is necessarily how it was done. I haven't looking inside an original save yet. He may have implemented an enabling code to help redirect the DC's attention to the addresses in the save file.

At any rate, well done everyone involved. Let's see many more successes!

- Dreamcast ™

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:42 am
quote : #59
Yeah I think it was very easy in the end, but the fact that he knew all the current servers etc made it pretty easy for him, amazing really, how you just had to get it to the correct person.

Yeah we can certainly hope for more success to come...fingers crossed Wink

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:42 am
quote : #60