oh please dont I wanted to get the game be nice to be lol

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:41 pm
quote : #92
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'll dig my other Dreamcast out and report back if I get it working.

-Mytho

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:57 pm
quote : #93
the game save is in memory card slot A-1 . if its not thats where it prolly needs to be

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:05 pm
quote : #94
TheMytho wrote:
segadreamcaster wrote:

TheMytho, what sort of trouble are you having? Are you able to download the file with your Dreamcast? If so, does it show on your VMU as a maxpool save?

Cheers, Craig

I can get on the game just fine with both Max1.vmi and Max2.vmi, but when I try to connect, it just keeps saying Connection Failed.

-Mytho

Well I really don't know for sure, but I think it could well be that your ISP is not compatible with maximum pool, unfortunatelly that seems to happen, some games just are not compatible, even when all the others are..hope this is not your problem though hope its something simple.

Just out of curiosity, try connecting to the net without the save at all..it should connect and just show and empty meeting room, but it should not disconnect you.

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:09 pm
quote : #95
yea i pm him saying that it might be his isp thats giving him troubles . he might just try a diffrent dialup number for the same isp if they have another local number to use.ive had that happen with diffrent isp that i used over the years all i done was change to a diffrent local accses number for the isp that u use

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:53 pm
quote : #96
i've just ordered a copy and am currently downloading a backup. cant wait to get in the servers.

the only thng i dont get is was this always there to happen or what? and people just complelty forgot about it or something?

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:19 pm
quote : #97
Chris5687 wrote:
i've just ordered a copy and am currently downloading a backup. cant wait to get in the servers.

the only thng i dont get is was this always there to happen or what? and people just complelty forgot about it or something?

Basically, yes....this game could have been put back up at any time, it just took someone who knew the servers, and was willing to help...luckily we got to the right person and we struck gold...sadly though we could have been playing this game from the start if only we knew Confused or should I say, if only more people tried earlier...it took this thread to make it happen...but hey, who cares its online now and thats what matters Laughing

Cheers, Craig

Posted Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:26 pm:

Yippe, just noticed that maximum pool is now listed on the online games list.....wicked....was really looking forward to seeing that Twisted Evil

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:01 pm
quote : #98
Type: Pal
segadreamcaster wrote:
dwachill wrote:
Why do yall want pal quake online so bad? US version works fine.

Well just think how some people complain about having to import PAL PSO, its a simple case of convenience, some people do not like buying things over the net, such as ebay, which then leaves some with just the European version of quake...OK, so PAL quake is certainly not a priority at all as there is the US version that is online compatible...but at the end of the day if it were possible to divert the PAL version to the US server list, that would be excellent, but it doesnt seem that will be happening anytime soon...but hey there are are important thing anyway, such as "knocking over some pins....or turning and fitting blocks in rows of 4" Ahhh, lets hope..can't wait Laughing

Cheers, Craig

Let not also forget that not everyone reads web forums. There were Pal Q3 players out there that probably played 2-3 times a week and dint readany web forums. One day they turned on for there normal ffrag fest and umm no connect. They probably tried again a fair few times and gave up. These players are probaly lost but its possible as we all do that some my try the game from time to time.

There are also the group who cant be arsed to buy NTSC Q3 as they already payed once, why pay again?. IM in that group to be honest Im just lucky I found a NTSC backup in a dodgy market for like £2

Finaly I dont think backups do your DC much good Id rather play my Pal original.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:17 pm
quote : #99
Quote:
Let not also forget that not everyone reads web forums. There were Pal Q3 players out there that probably played 2-3 times a week and dint readany web forums. One day they turned on for there normal ffrag fest and umm no connect. They probably tried again a fair few times and gave up. These players are probaly lost but its possible as we all do that some my try the game from time to time.

There are also the group who cant be arsed to buy NTSC Q3 as they already payed once, why pay again?. IM in that group to be honest Im just lucky I found a NTSC backup in a dodgy market for like £2

Finaly I dont think backups do your DC much good Id rather play my Pal original.

Laters

Yeah, thats also true, although I doubt the PAL version will ever connect to any servers again without extra help, so people would most likely still need info from the net, including forums for it to work. But who knows on that one...would be cool if it were possible to kinda take over the hosting so that you could connect as usual with PAL Q3..although I somehow doubt it.

ok, this is post 99 Laughing So who is gonna be the person to do post 100...I have a feeling I know who it might be?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:25 pm
quote : #100
Type: Pal
ME

Yeh that was a rather silly comment about the occasional Q3 players wasent it lol. So knock off point 1 we will have to do with 2.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:33 pm
quote : #101
How did I know it was gonna be you...lol Mr. Green

Yeah your other two points are certainly valid, is it a fact that backups cause more wear and tear on the GD-Rom drive does anybody know?

Cheers, Craig

Last edited by segadreamcaster on Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:37 pm
quote : #102
Ok segadreamcast and madmaxx, I'll try another ISP.

-Mytho

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:38 pm
quote : #103
segadreamcaster wrote:
Chris5687 wrote:

Basically, yes....this game could have been put back up at any time, it just took someone who knew the servers, and was willing to help...luckily we got to the right person and we struck gold...sadly though we could have been playing this game from the start if only we knew Confused or should I say, if only more people tried earlier...it took this thread to make it happen...but hey, who cares its online now and thats what matters Laughing

Cheers, Craig

Posted Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:26 pm:

Yippe, just noticed that maximum pool is now listed on the online games list.....wicked....was really looking forward to seeing that Twisted Evil

crazy how long things go unnoticed. its not often we get to say a game is <i>added</i> ont he list. nikon definitely needs to make a news post on this.

slade
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:18 am
quote : #104
Yeah, I was wondering why there wasn't a news post on this too.

Anyways, congrats and mucho thanks to everyone involved. You guys did a good job.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:51 am
quote : #105
slade wrote:
Yeah, I was wondering why there wasn't a news post on this too.

0 time to put one up

I have been working on research and handling all the new influx of information this week, working 24/7. It has been a barrage.

It was not humanly possibly for me to make a news post.

At one point I had gotten 7 hours of sleep in 3 days.

A news post will be made on maximum pool, and other things as soon as I can get to them.