Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
pwrof3
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just downloaded the Half-Life Gold.rar file to my computer. Now what do I need to do to make it playable on the dreamcast? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Unerd_01
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:30 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
assuming half life gold is the DC version (i dunno) then you need to extract the Rar file (winrar should do the biz). This shall leave you with a CDI image file. From here there are various different ways of burning to a DC compatible cd rom. The best and easiest i know is using a program called 'Diskjuggler'

After obatining disk juggler simply run the program, select 'file' and 'new' then its something like burn CDi image - Cd. select the file you qish to use and boom, you're done!

sucha shame this game wasnt released Mad

So G'luck!

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:34 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I've tried Disk Juggler, but you're limited to a 1 mb/s write speed. It locks up and doesn't work. Unless you want to purchase the full program, use this utility (CDI to Nero) and then burn it with Nero (if that's the burning software you use.)

- Dreamcast ™

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:47 pm
quote : #4
The trouble is CDI - Nero, doesnt always work...I still think the best bet for burning CDI images is Alcohol 120%, which can be downloaded here as an un-restricted 30 day trial:

http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/download_120.php

Oh and you can download a winrar trial here as well to unzip it:

http://www.rarlab.com/index.htm

Hope it helps Laughing

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:00 pm
quote : #5
just find nero 5.5 and use the cdi 2 nero also u have to burn "disk at once" method or it wont work and burn at a slow speen so u dont get any errors

pwrof3
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:24 pm
quote : #6
Thanks to everyone for the help! You all kick @$$

landsmarra
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:20 pm
quote : #7
Alcohol 120 burned it perfectly! I also use slowest speed for (hopefully) better accuracy.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:32 pm
quote : #8
i dont remember hearing about a halflife gold download for dc?? i used nero on my old pc, but now i have a better one i use alcohol 120% tis a very good burning rom program.
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:31 pm
quote : #9
ultrapro wrote:
i dont remember hearing about a halflife gold download for dc??

Please say this is the last time i have to explain the difference. (no offence Ultrapro, i have just gone over this about 3 times this week Rolling Eyes )

Echlon is the most famous group of people who Rip Dreamcast Games.
Half Life Gold is the Echlon rip of Half-Life.
There is NO DIFFERENCE between Half Life and Half Life Gold, other than the name of the file you download!

There really should be a FAQ in one of the forums. A place where all questions like "Where can i download half life" could be answered for all to read.
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:21 am
quote : #10
sorry i didnt think it was something as simple as that, but yeah i remember someone saying that to me ages ago, guess i just forgot, lots of stuff goes on here and some of the smaller things i tend to forget
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:07 am
quote : #11
Yea, thats why i made the post in the Lounge
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:06 pm
quote : #12
i would like to know where to download half-life, maybe propller arena as well... Neutral
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:19 pm
quote : #13
nintendo_DS wrote:
i would like to know where to download half-life, maybe propller arena as well... Neutral

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4979
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:57 pm
quote : #14
well im sorry to sound sobvious but calling it random people wont really know what its about ence nintendo ds asking where is it even though you all said it a million times to death . give a guy a break i guess theres not mcuh to do and cheer up those sad faces really hey try to not think on it and maybe a name change to the topic ? only a suggestion after all not any criticisnm at all

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:02 pm
quote : #15
I Aggree about the name, but Nikon decided to lock the post. That means i cant edit the name or anything.