Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
1, 2  Next
IMP@QT
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was sitting in my chair last night thinking of ways that i could improve the overall enjoyability of q3, with my limited resources at the moment, seeing as i only have a dc to get online with. I was thinking hard and decided i wanted to start a clan. I was thinking of starting a forum/site also that was totally dc based/created. I, in no way am trying to steal attention from OC. If anything i want to help improve the enjoyment of q3 in a whole, and hopefully branching into other online games such as 4x4 evo and PSO PAL. Any suggestions are welcome, and any help finding and creating a dc-made website would be much appreciated. ALSO, if you want to join me in this little quest, post here and let me know. When and if i get this dc site rolling, i will make sure to add links all over it pointing to OC. I find this to be one of THE best online game console websites ever created. Nikon has done a superb job in maintaining and running this site, along with his Q3A servers for the DC. My hats off to you man. Without you, the DC community would be a much bigger ghosttown then it already is. Keep up the good work.

Either post here, or PM me with any suggestions/comments/concerns/complaints/ect...

Thanks for taking the time to view this topic...

PharoH
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:28 pm
quote : #2
Well i'd join your Q3 clan when I get my new copy of Quake (stepped on it, DOH!)

I have a PC, you want me to build the site?...If not, you can use freewebs.com with a DC and the templates are pretty nice looking overall.

Let me know the deal.
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:23 pm
quote : #3
At least SOMEONE replied... Yea you could help me with putting pics and stuff on the site. Ill get started on it this weekend, and we can work on it from there.

Try getting a copy of q3 off amazon.com or ebay. I got my copy for $8.00 including shipping brand new sealed..

PharoH
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:37 pm
quote : #4
Yeah, alright, I have a job interview to go to on Sunday, but Friday and Saturday I can help you out, I was waiting for my check to come, and it should be here tomorrow so i'll buy a copy then.

You do know me right?....I mean, we only played together like everynight.
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:58 am
quote : #5
hey i would like to help too ive been helping someone here too but they seem to have totally disappeared hope that person is alright , but anyway yeah anythiing i can do to help out ill do ,

Unerd_01
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:01 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
Very Happy Im glad you're interested in starting something. Nibleheimpromise has stronlgy been pushing the idea of Quake squads. The main idea is to team up and arrange squad meets on the Online consoles servers, either arranged on the gamescheduler as an open challenge or challenging others.

the original thread can be found here:-

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4792

Nibleheim has also started a website for the league...here:-

http://www.freewebs.com/q3dcleague

Hope you're interested guys, i real want this to be big!!!!!!! Laughing

RobJohnson
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:29 am
quote : #7
Okay, it's me PharoH, Nikon fixed my password (thanks Nikon).

Anyway, I have my Dreamcast ISP running on my PC so i'm online with it now, just update me when you want me to start making the site.
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:55 pm
quote : #8
Thanks for all the postive responses. Im gonna start working on the site tonight. Give me your email and ill email you the site, pass/username/ect and ill let you know where to get the pics and where to place them(if i cant do it myself) BTW, have we figured out a name for the clan? I dont think we would be able to use [O.C] or anything like that... Dont think Nikon would approve. Gimme some ideas...

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:05 pm
quote : #9
hey my email is frodo_teu@hotmal.com and its also my messenger and for a name how about the death bringers ?
thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting in this and hey hope to play with you soon

RobJohnson
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:46 pm
quote : #10
Alright.

Larrydoodles@yahoo.com

As for Ideas on a name. eh...I get made fun of when I publicly post ideas , but, what the hell.

I'm going to resarch some of Quakes history and i'll get back with you on that.
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:00 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
yea i d love to join up on the q3a clan i already am on a team on 4x4 evo team AKoR lol thats the only one i wont be able to join up on is 4x4 evo

IMP@QT
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:15 pm
quote : #12
Well, pharoh, just make the site, ill make the forum, and then we can decide on a name whenever. lets just get this off the ground. Ill keep you posted.

RobJohnson
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:32 pm
quote : #13
Okay, you want me to get started right now?
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:05 pm
quote : #14
Whenever you want to...

RobJohnson
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:23 pm
quote : #15
Freewebs.com/quakedc

I'm having a bitch of a time editing the template, it comes standard like that but afterwards you can change it to however you want, i'll remember how in a bit. Oh, I am going to change that weird upside down Q thing to the same pic in my avatar.

Also, i'll figure out how to directly link a forum and make a banner and other stuff later, but for now, my Quake 1 installation has finally completed. Cool