profile : pm
Now I'm going to have track this game down. Very Happy

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:58 pm
quote : #32
Awesome! I don't show up for a good part of a week and look what happens! Starlancer is online forever and Maximum Pool is back! And with the all the other research you are doing nikon, it looks like the Dreamcast's lucky 7th year is its best for online after the main servers were shut down. Cool

lordnikon wrote:
The master server has been reverse engineered, and I have tested it and it works.

And you always said reverse engineering was near impossible! Hah! We got you now! Razz
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:19 am
quote : #33
Well, I've only played a couple of games of starlancer online, because it doesn't have constant activity like Q3 or Maximum pool. Hopefully more will be playing now, because I really don't like the offline play of Starlancer. I'm always getting put in front of a firing squad. Smile

U-235

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:50 am
quote : #34
Type: NTSC-U/C
ur not that bad U its like a totaly diffrent game online somthing to get used to

ced818
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:54 am
quote : #35
lol. Practice makes perfect. I played this game friday night and walked away with a score of 15 kills and deaths before I stood up to go to another seat and mystically tripped over my phone cord pulling it out the wall.

Anyway. Its great. Now that this game is online forever, we just need more players on it. Get some 3 on 3 team matches going, and maybe even have acouple of clans.
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:09 pm
quote : #36
yea i need to learn to be more evasive cause i use the shroud

ced818
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:19 pm
quote : #37
Shocked the shroud. Isnt that thing like, a pure speed demon?
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:53 pm
quote : #38
I'd be interested in the clan 3 on 3 thing. We just need some more players to do it. I really do like the online play of starlancer though.

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:56 pm
quote : #39
yea the shroud is a speed deamon but a very efective killer if u can use the speed to ur advantage

ced818
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:19 pm
quote : #40
lol. fly at them head on shooting them and then move at the last minute to safty coming up behing them with the finishing shots. I have no clue what im talking about here.
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:40 pm
quote : #41
doing that in a shroud against a wolverine head to head is pure suicide lol i know i tryed cause the wolverine has very powerful wepons and the shroud dont have the shields to handle that kind of punishment but the pure speed will get u out of a fix im learning how to use the speed to my advantage

Last edited by maddmaxx on Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:53 pm
quote : #42
The Shroud is fast, but it is difficult to kill with. It's weapons are weak, and fire pretty slow compared to other ships. It balances out by having a lot of firing energy, so you can shoot for a good minute without having to let your guns recharge. It takes a lot of hits to take out a ship with good shields/armor, and if you're playing with one of the last six ships or so, they all have good shields/armor.

You basically have to play online a lot to learn the advantages and disadvantages of your ship. For example, if you're in a Shroud, you don't just want to sit there and get in a slugging match because the weapons are weak, and once shields are gone, armor is almost nonexistant.

Team battles are fun if they are balanced out. It's nice to play the other game modes too for a little varienty. I like playing Hunt the Shadow.....but nobody actually hunts the shadow. They just kill eachother. It's a game that requires teamwork stay in the spirit of the mode, but doesn't stop people from doing what they want.