Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:42 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: Pal
lordnikon wrote:
All the information I have found so far leads to Chu Chu Rocket being offline indefinatly. Chu Chu hits 3 subdomains including a variant of the US versions main address. All of which currently are stacked onto the same IP address. I will have a report on this, however I am currently 99% certain chu chu rocket japanese version is non-functional. Kind of sucks because thats 32 bucks down the tubes. Atleast the copy is in mint condition with the disc being flawless, including all materials. Otherwise I would be a bit irritated.

That certainly would be annoying if it wasent mint but like charmed said you could always sell it on. Ive said this before and I'll say it again cus Im annoying like that ..... asking Japenese people would be the obvious way of discovering whats online in japan. If for example someone asked on PSO is chu chu online and someone said no that coulda saved all that hassle. There are bound to be Japanese people out there somewhere that know the answers to these questions.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:35 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
lordnikon wrote:
All the information I have found so far leads to Chu Chu Rocket being offline indefinatly. Chu Chu hits 3 subdomains including a variant of the US versions main address. All of which currently are stacked onto the same IP address. I will have a report on this, however I am currently 99% certain chu chu rocket japanese version is non-functional. Kind of sucks because thats 32 bucks down the tubes. Atleast the copy is in mint condition with the disc being flawless, including all materials. Otherwise I would be a bit irritated.

Well, all I can really say is, I hope your wrong..lol and I hope you make your money back as your most likely right Crying or Very sad goodluck with whatever re-search you are still intending to do though...look forward to hearing the full story.

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
goodgame
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:29 am
quote : #18
lordnikon wrote:

Could we see these subdomains and info you have gotten so far?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:02 am
quote : #19
Type: NTSC-U/C
JP - Chu Chu Rocket - perseus.sega.co.jp (67.15.77.192)
JP - Chu Chu Rocket - aglaia.sega.co.jp (67.15.77.192)
JP - Chu Chu Rocket - chuchu1.games.dreamcast.com (67.15.77.192)
US - Chu Chu Rocket - chuchu.games.dreamcast.com (67.15.77.192)

They all point to the same IP that is tied into a hit based revenue program to garner extra money from un-used sites that are still getting hits. All of this points to chu chu rocket being offline as far as I can tell. This info is a dead giveaway that chu chu rocket jp version is currently offline.
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:49 am
quote : #20
lordnikon wrote:

They all point to the same IP that is tied into a hit based revenue program to garner extra money from un-used sites that are still getting hits. All of this points to chu chu rocket being offline as far as I can tell. This info is a dead giveaway that chu chu rocket jp version is currently offline.

If you ask nicely Im sure Segadreamcaster will tell you where Pal chu chu points.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:10 am
quote : #21
lordnikon wrote:

Hmm did a whois on the ip turned out these guys are using it http://www.ev1.net/english/index.asp

Did sega host there own servers or did they pay for someone else to host them do you know?

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:05 am
quote : #22
A little disappointing Sad

I was expecting to hear it however, a few days ago Tweeg and myself were sifting though the BBS and Tweeg found a particularly bad one that seemed to be saying it was gone.. couldnt be 100% sure though the translation was pretty bad.

I'm really hoping for a CCR for DS thats online Very Happy

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:20 pm
quote : #23
Chris5687 wrote:
A little disappointing Sad

I was expecting to hear it however, a few days ago Tweeg and myself were sifting though the BBS and Tweeg found a particularly bad one that seemed to be saying it was gone.. couldnt be 100% sure though the translation was pretty bad.

I'm really hoping for a CCR for DS thats online Very Happy

Maybe get someone from Japan to read it for you Mr. Green

Laters