1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Outtrigger, the Dreamcast exclusive, naomi based arcade first person shooter holds a special place in many DC gamer's hearts. Especially those who were able to play the game online. For me, outtrigger was one of the greatest online gaming experiences I have ever had. I am a great supporter of the game, even if it's network capabilities are no longer functioning. I have recently acquired the domain, Outtrigger.net... Which is kind of suprising since you'd think this would have been bought up by sega. Maybe it was, and it recently came up for sale. I had searched for it about a year ago and wasn't able to find it for sale. Now, I own it.

I plan on building a homage to this great game. The US outtrigger website, a horrible example in flash design, is all but gone. The JP site still exists. (I have the entire thing archived) Eventually the JP site go offline as well. I decided this game needs a perminant location on the internet. A homepage that will stand the test of time. Since I am such a big fan of the game I decided to do this. I also have quite a bit of information to flesh out a full on fan site for the game.

Such content as...OH what do we have here? Is this a screenshot of the main lobby for Outtrigger? IT SURE IS!!

Suprise Smile I recently found this screenshot as well as a stack more. I basically have found almost every single screen you would see in the process of being online with outtrigger. Everything from in-game battles to room creation and rule select. Goodies like this and more will be up at the outtrigger.net website when it eventually comes online.

The site will not only cover the Dreamcast version, but the arcade version as well. I would like to point out there will not be a community surrounding this website. I will not be putting up any type of forums or communication features on the site at all. It is for information purposes only. I will have an email link up, and might accept fan submissions or something.

The website will be up and running at an undetermined time. I will announce a site launch date as soon as I have a better understanding as to when the website will be completed.

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:24 am; edited 4 times in total
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:43 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
Awesome Lordnikon, I cannot wait to see these screenshots. Unfortunately I've never played a game on SegaNet, I'm pretty excited about seeing all of the screenshots. Smile

Edit:

Does anyone happen to have any packetlogs of Outtrigger connecting and doing things...
If we did maybe we could get it back online.

Last edited by beatdown on Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:44 pm
quote : #3
excellent, AND ambitious!
RAM: 128MB PC66 EDO
Video: MGA MIL/2GN 4MB PCI
Hard Disks: dual 4.3GB W.D.
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:45 pm
quote : #4
Awesome! Congrats you got the domain name before some other dude did!
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:51 pm
quote : #5
sYk0 wrote:
Awesome Lordnikon, I cannot wait to see these screenshots. Unfortunately I've never played a game on SegaNet, I'm pretty excited about seeing all of the screenshots. Smile

Yea some people think I'm crazy for trying to hunt these screenshots down. But it's impossible to envoke a Dreamcast(as far as I know) to visit the online menus without it actually functioning correctly online. So I feel finding these screens and archiving them so people can see is very very very important. It gives people like yourself the ability to see what the game looked like while playing it online.

Morph wrote:
excellent, AND ambitious!

Ambition seems to be my middle name Sad It's a blessing and a curse! Mr. Green

Chile wrote:
Awesome! Congrats you got the domain name before some other dude did!

Yes, I was afraid some domain shark would snatch it up. I'm assuming that's who owns outtrigger.com right now. Some domain shark. And they'll jsut hold onto the domain as long as the word outtrigger is getting hits in search engines. Since they just wait till some poor sap comes along and puts in outtrigger.com into their browser and then OH spyware. I'm really happy I was able to secure outtrigger.net!
Posted:
Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:52 pm
quote : #6
Dang, another good online title I missed out on for the Dreamcast. I dunno exactly how these things work, but is there a way to set up a server like the ones out there for PSO for games like these?
Posted:
Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:51 pm
quote : #7
Chum_Bum wrote:
Dang, another good online title I missed out on for the Dreamcast. I dunno exactly how these things work, but is there a way to set up a server like the ones out there for PSO for games like these?

No there is not. I have already answered this question about a million times in the past. I am planning on adding a full description on why it is not possible or atleast extremly unlikly that the server software would become available. At the moment your just gonna have to trust me on this one. But here is the short short short version...

Outtrigger ran on sega's SNAP networking software.
Nokia now owns the rights to this software, and it will not be made available to the public.
The game is no longer online so proper network packets cannot be logged.
Even it they could they were probobly encrypted.
Posted:
Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:30 am
quote : #8
Type: PAL
just wondering if there is any movies of the online process coz that would be great
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:23 am
quote : #9
i remeber chris talking about him having some of him playing isao games online.
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:56 pm
quote : #10
Type: PAL
that'd be cool to see
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:08 pm
quote : #11
mcmonkey wrote:
just wondering if there is any movies of the online process coz that would be great

Actually yes I have acquired quite a number of videos of Outtrigger online play. None of actual signing on process though in video form. Just picture form. I will be feature 1 or 2 videos at the new outtrigger site. However, I won't be adding them in bulk since they were other gamers personal experiences with friends online. Including anymore than 1 or 2 would make me feel like I am invading their privacy.

I have 6 players at once online game footage. Soemthing that can never be replicated because offline only supports 1-4 bots/human players.
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:17 pm
quote : #12
where can i buy the game??if i m not mistaken its japanese only right??
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:04 pm
quote : #13
Outtrigger was released in Japan, United States + Greater North America, and Europe. The game has been released in all regions. The European version never had any network functions though. At this point it doesn't really matter anyways since all versions are offline. A copy can be found you just have to dig around. Check online shops like ebay, amazon, as well as import shops as well that do carry US NTSC copies of dreamcast games like play-asia.com.

Outtrigger is an original FPS created by SEGA-AM2. It was designed for the arcades and featured networked arcade action in arcades. Then was brought to the Dreamcast. The game is fully mouse and keyboard compatible. I highly recommend finding this game.

It is amazing.
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:48 pm
quote : #14
lordnikon wrote:
It is amazing.

Yes it is. I could reminisce about the online experience I had with the game for hours; but the simple fact of the matter is this: Outtrigger is THE REASON I got into the Dreamcast online scene. It remains to be one of my favorite games of all time. The Dreamcast port is one hundred percent arcade perfect; and it really showcases the DC's technical prowess, and the multiplayer (even on 4 player splitscreen, there is no noticeable slowdown or hiccups) is one of the most addicting experiences ever. You can find it at most online retailers if you look around. WELL worth it.

More worth mentioning, though, are the people I met...hands down, Outtrigger was great for just chilling and talking with some of my friends (despite my lack of a keyboard at the time)--really, it's the reason I'm still here. Hell, I'm near tears just thinking about it.

Last edited by Tao on Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:12 pm
quote : #15
if u want screens for games go to this link or just gamespot.com
http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/action/outtrigger/screenindex.html?page=1
theres like a 126 screens and a couple of movies
and if anyone has an extra dreamcast online browser disc i need one if u could send it to me it would make me realy happy