Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
landsmarra
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:16 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello all,

I noticed that there are VMU files for Samba de Amigo and Ver 2000 available for download. Do they unlock existing songs or are they meant for something else? Can they be downloaded directly onto a VMU through a connected Dreamcast?

Thanks,
Steve

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:19 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi,

Yes, they do unlock songs in the game, and yes you can download the files directly fro a DC web browser

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
landsmarra
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:30 pm
quote : #3
Thanks Craig, that's what I thought!

Steve

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:30 pm
quote : #4
see this is where i have trouble, i downloaded all the files onto a memory card for like samba, rayman, sonic adventure 1 and 2 and so on and none of them seem to work, is it cos i saved them all to one vm? or am i only supposed to have 1 file per game at a time? the songs never worked for me even tho i downloaded all of them. i use pal versions of the games does this effect it?
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:58 pm
quote : #5
ultrapro wrote:
see this is where i have trouble, i downloaded all the files onto a memory card for like samba, rayman, sonic adventure 1 and 2 and so on and none of them seem to work, is it cos i saved them all to one vm? or am i only supposed to have 1 file per game at a time? the songs never worked for me even tho i downloaded all of them. i use pal versions of the games does this effect it?

Could be because of PAL region. It is sort of unfortunate. I don't really have a good way to test all these downloads. Maybe I will start a project soon to verifiy region compatability. I'd have to own all the regions of every game that has download content. In the future we will probobly get that sorted out, but for the moment what you see is what you get. if you can't get it to work on a PAL game it is probobly because they arn't PAL compatible. That is my best guess.
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:06 pm
quote : #6
I think you addressed this before, Nikon, but I don't remember for sure. Considering content downloads are a part of a console's online ability (even if it's not directly linked to online game play per se), have you considered a VMU save storehouse type area, where users could download new tracks for 4x4 Evo/NFS-V Rally, new parks for THPS2, or Ghost files for Sega GT or whatever?

I think it would be pretty sweet.

Definately let me know what you think, because if it's something you're not interested in, I would definately consider doing it. My HTML skills are... (well, let's just say that there is rusty, and then there's me), but it wouldn't be too hard to whip something basic together so users could download VMU saves using a DC browser. I've got some skate parks I wouldn't mind sharing, along with some other stuff.

Not stock gamesaves, but user created content.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:57 am
quote : #7
cool well you have the list of all the online games i know of in the pal region so if it does get worked on someday then you've at least got some idea where to start!! Mr. Green i dont suppose it makes any difference but i used to think that if i saved a file from an ntsc game on my pal console/vm that it would be possible to download files from other region games and use them as well. but seeing as the vms dont have region restriction i suppose thats why i can save files from import games to them, but cant figure out why they wont work from another region. ah well its no biggie some of them do work, im pretty sure the sonic files worked when i got them.