Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
RobJohnson
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just connected, logged into Gamespy and hosted a game, everything seems to be working fine....I'll be on right now if anyone else wants to play.
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:59 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
It is offline. When you try and play against someone it won't connect to them. It will error out. PBA Bowling 2001 is offline. Plus the developers already confirmed to us that the games online functions were terminated.
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:08 pm
quote : #3
That's werid it would let me get that far.
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:50 pm
quote : #4
Type: Pal
Yeh u can host a game but anyone who trys to join just hangs forever. Only way to play PBA online is via the PC version.

If I remember right there was one last test Segadreamcaster wanted to do with this game but I forgot what it was now. It involved Fallout but Fallout vanished at that point in time.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:40 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Blast wrote:
Yeh u can host a game but anyone who trys to join just hangs forever. Only way to play PBA online is via the PC version.

If I remember right there was one last test Segadreamcaster wanted to do with this game but I forgot what it was now. It involved Fallout but Fallout vanished at that point in time.

Laters

Sad Yeah that was to sad for me , I'll never have the chance to have my revenge Wink

First it was me , and then segadreamcaster

Im always up for a pc to pc "test" (the game sits still on my pc HD)
And if that not work , we can still play over IP game . So that i can show my skills in a last game of my 35 looses and 5 wins : (
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:03 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi all,

Yes, this has been said a number of times, people nip onto PBA without knowing the full story of what the problem is with the game and think they have found it online again. It has always been possible to log onto gamespy and host a game, its even possibl to see another player join that game, but when the host selects "start game" that host will go to the main game setup screen, and wait for the other player to join.....however, that other player never joins the room, they only received a message saying "Error retrieving IP address" after about 60 seconds I think it was. As lord said offical confirmation was provided by Bethesda that the game was online, which I posted myself......actually that was gonna be a news post...lol....what happened to that?

Believe me Blast and I have tested this game to death to see if it was working with no luck at all, so I very much doubt if anything has changed...if you manage to actually PLAY a game online with PBA then let us know..otherwise its offline...for now anyway Wink

Yes, I did want to try out A PC-PC game, but since then we have had confirmation that it's offline, plus the game doesnt feature in the gamespy list anymore...but yeah, if you wanna give it a try sometime fallout just to see let me know.

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com