kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:15 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
maurice x wrote:
kingofgrills wrote:
I love F355 Challenge, and I play it whenever I can, but I cannot participate in the regularly scheduled races. The regularly scheduled races work well for European racers, but for me, they fall smack in the middle of the work day. For that reason, I rarely can catch a race online. I ocassionally try catching an online race at a nonscheduled time, but I always end up waiting forever for someone to show before finally giving up. Neutral

I'll keep trying though. F355 Challenge online is a great experience.

you know there's also a monday 9.30pm gmt-4 timeslot which is more suited to Americans. if not just say what time suits you the most and we'll see what we can do, we can start from there...

Kizzy wrote:
I think there are a lot of people out there who have never played it online, I also think people are put off because of the learning curve! I absolutely hated driving games until I played this game, I never had time for them, but F355 is different!

part of the problem is the hiro shifting man, it kills the fun for others that's why we dont use hiro shifting on monday and wednesday nights... keeps it fair for everybody

Thanks Maurice. The 9:30 PM GMT -4 time works out to 5:30 PM my time, and that is still impossible for me to race in. I don't get off work until 6 PM or so, and I realistically cannot plan on racing until 10:00 PM (GMT -Cool at the earliest. I just moved, and I haven't had a chance to unpack my Dreamcast yet. When I get everything set up and the dust settles, I'll try scheduling some evening race times that would be more suitable for my area. I've done that in the past, and that resulted in some pretty good races. It will just have to be scheduled consistently in order for the turnout to be decent.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:15 pm
quote : #17
Hello folks!

Perhaps a lot of us ought to swap email addresses, if we suddenly have a day of doing sod all and want a game we could just send a mass email.

Perhaps a list of email addresses for those who want to quick F355 session could be put on this site that we could just copy & paste and just send a mass email. That way it would be the most up to date list (rather than as individuals having our own little list of names)

I am being a lazy bastard at the moment and I am only working about 50 hours a week, rather than 90. I am at home most of the day down to the fact I hate working with terminal fools in an office and they hate me! (But I hate them lots more back and have a collection of voodoo dolls with handlebar moustaches for the men (and most of the women!)) just for realism!

So feel free to contact me at anytime for a game. I will try to get back to you quickly! If you have MSN I am chompensation@hotmail.com

Anyway, hope you all die from dyslexic canker!

Kizzy

All the best to you

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:55 am
quote : #18
It's a shame time zones always stop ppl joining. There were 7 racers on Thursday@9pmGMT. Almost full grids.

Maurice X, yeah the graphics are beautiful. I like GT3 and 4 but there's still something i prefer about 355's smooooth frame rate and clarity, particularly the track, it's so clear. Also for me the handling still beats anything by miles (or km for the UK game).
I think the No-Tec meeting is a great idea. Rookies won't be fazed. Nice 1.

KIZZY, yeah man i've always felt the same about the replays. You get to be driver and spectator. Also the qualifying means you get 3 buzzes per race.
Is your steering wheel still broken m8? Shyte luck when you were improving fast and winning races Sad
I've got a brand new boxed Sega wheel. Was thinking of sending it to someone who raced regularly (to help keep the online flame alive!) but it's yours if you want it, cos i think your ebay idea was really cool (also you're a top bloke) - just pm me your name+address.
Will maybe cya on the track again soon. I'm still on pay-as-you-go (typing faaast) but trying to get fixed rate - was on that till BT chopped it).

FANOID, Good to see another Scottish racer out there. There's been some good ones, Kubrick, JMC, Schueym - must be something in the water.

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:17 pm
quote : #19
jools wrote:
KIZZY, yeah man i've always felt the same about the replays. You get to be driver and spectator. Also the qualifying means you get 3 buzzes per race.
Is your steering wheel still broken m8? Shyte luck when you were improving fast and winning races Sad
I've got a brand new boxed Sega wheel. Was thinking of sending it to someone who raced regularly (to help keep the online flame alive!) but it's yours if you want it, cos i think your ebay idea was really cool (also you're a top bloke) - just pm me your name+address.
Will maybe cya on the track again soon. I'm still on pay-as-you-go (typing faaast) but trying to get fixed rate - was on that till BT chopped it).

FANOID, Good to see another Scottish racer out there. There's been some good ones, Kubrick, JMC, Schueym - must be something in the water.

Jools, Thanks for the offer, really kind of you! I will be able to find a wheel though, feel free to put it on Ebay (or if you want me to do that for you I will!)

I want another Ferrari Thrustmaster, but this time I will not Hiro Shift with the paddles, I will just use the sticks on the inside face of the wheel (it is actually quicker to use them!)

I am lots slower without a wheel, although I almost got a 1:06 online this week on Long Beach, I just cocked up a gear change! (Not bad for me using a pad!)

Hope to let you beat me on F355 soon Jools! Take care mate!

Kizzy

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:56 pm
quote : #20
i would play this game everytime if someone was willing ot help me get my dial up working if i got it free on my braoband like maurice does . Anyone got the patience for that ? I would play it for every session and all . Tell me what you think of it cos this game rocks and I would love to be able to play it online before I die

ced818
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:43 pm
quote : #21
lol. Its a good thing that this game doesnt play like that. And most of the racing games I play has the off switch on collisions. Besides. I only do that for the fun element. Most of the people I play racing games with (mostly need for speed, and Grand Turismo) do that. Anyway, Im not the type to constantly do it, espically if they say dont. This is mainly because Im used to Motocross and ATV games with this kick feature.