Total Votes : 44
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:32 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
How many p eople own metropolis street racer? MSR activities will soon start on the website in the coming weeks and I am wondering exactly how many people own the game at the moment.
Posted:
Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:12 pm
quote : #2
i will try to get this game after i get starlancer Very Happy nikon did u get 4x4 evo yet?
Posted:
Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:39 pm
quote : #3
i have msr but its a burned copy and works fine
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:57 am
quote : #4
wow, most back ups the internet functions get cut, how gay!

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:37 am
quote : #5
i got it. and im itching to race yall.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:37 am
quote : #6
this online feature for MSR... does it still work fine for UK players?? any1 know?

i dont see why not... ill just shut up and get the game

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:26 am
quote : #7
If you can run PlanetWeb browser 2.0 and higher then it will work for you. Or if you have a nexus memory card and linker cable. Basically how it works is. Before with MSR you would go to their website and there would be a area setup for MSR rankings and would allow you to swap Ghost Racers. Well MSR saves these files in a seperate file.

It even tags your name the date and all types of info on the game file. Pretty kool.

So I was messing with MSR and figured, if it saves to a serperate file then logic would show that the files could be hosted anywhere.

So I uploaded a file and some users tested it and they were able to race against my Ghost Racer.

Now...the question is how do I make this engaging fun and exciting. You can't email the files back and forth to each other they have to be uploaded and turned into .vmi files so people can download them.

And I don't have an automated system set up yet that will just do everything on its own so. I have to do it all manually. Meaning make some sort of page and system and put all the files in place by hand. Now how I am planning on doing this to make it fun is, to have a MSR challenge every 3 weeks. I think this is a good time gap. People play a lot of different games. Are busy and such, so I would say 3 weeks would be a good spread.

I am thinking of having everyone who owns the game upload a time trial ghost racer and then, I would put them all up on the site for download. Then everyone could download all the files and then race them all, to get the best times. Then post all their times and have the official results posted. It would be neat cause it would be an online gaming thing people could do at their liesure. Rather convenient I would say.

Now other parts may work besides time trials. You can even merge high scores(however not sure wether it saves as different files here or not.) So maybe it would be possible to merge everyones files and make a OC hi-scores ranking chart.

Now, all types of snags come into play. I havn't really played massive amounts of single player mode yet. What if a user makes a time trial with a car another user hasn't unlocked yet....will it be playable? Maybe, maybe not. This all is gonna take a bit of a community effort to get going. But hey its gonna be damn fun setting it all up.

Well thats all I can think about for now, i hope this info has given many of you a direction in where this is all headed.

If you contemplating on purchasing this game. It's one of the best looking games on the dreamcast graphically, and there are a gillion cars to unlock. This is a HIGH quality game. So in my opinion it's worth getting regardless.
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:52 pm
quote : #8
The thing with me is, I absolutely hated PGR on X-Box. I have only played the game for thirty minutes, then it collected dust.

I just don't want to blow $15-20 on MSR, then have it sit on the shelf except to see if my pals like it.

-TheMytho

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:04 pm
quote : #9
Yes im going to try to find it, but not go as far as online. If I see it at an EB, its mine. These little events sounds really interesting.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:45 pm
quote : #10
If you guys are looking for some more info on teh game, check out gamespot's coverage:
http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/driving/metropolisstreetracer/index.html

There's no rush, so get the game if you want it, and when you have the money. I still havn't gotten games I have been meaning to get months ago, got no $$$. MSR is defiantly the best looking racer on the DC. But aquire the game if it really interests you, and when its most convenient for you.
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:24 pm
quote : #11
I've got MSR, the ghost replay idea sounds good. looking forward to it.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:54 pm
quote : #12
i have it, and while it is an awesome game, i find it difficult to get very far in it, the challenges increase in difficulty quite fast and its hard to get into sometimes. i was wondering, how would we send you the ghost races? you mentioned software earlier in the subject, i take it thats not for the dc is it? if so i must be really slow at getting things, let me know what i need to do this and i'll get it.
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:15 pm
quote : #13
yep i have it, its a cool game.
Posted:
Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:13 pm
quote : #14
Quote "TheMytho" The thing with me is, I absolutely hated PGR on X-Box. I have only played the game for thirty minutes, then it collected dust.

I just don't want to blow $15-20 on MSR, then have it sit on the shelf except to see if my pals like it.

-TheMytho

Ironicly for me, I got much better at racing after playing PGR on the Xbox, then went back to MSR on the DC, though I"ve got a long ways to go in it. MSR is easily one of the most challenging racing games around, very unforgiving with those Kudos points. You get docked for bumping the other racers, hitting things, etc.

PGR was an easier game than MSR, and if you didn't like PGR, I doubt you'll care for a harder version of the game.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:03 am
quote : #15
yeah in my opinion msr is harder than any racing game i own except f355, and i have a dozen racers on xbox as well as my games on dc. pgr is much easier than msr. pgr 3 is apparently coming soon and they say it'll focus on modifying your car like in gran turismo and sega gt. bummer or great?