Topic: 4x4 EVO and GameSpy questions

Page 1 of 1
josemci
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:06 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
If I'm not wrong, Starlancer is being working at servers from the same company that makes online 4x4 EVO. My question is: is the same or similar system of server? If Starlancer's servers are now cloned, is itt more easy now to achieve the same with 4x4 EVO to make the game online forever? Or are different things, at all? By the way, I've bought twice games on Ebay this week, I'm waiting in a few days.

PD Excuse my bad english

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:12 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
4x4 evo is already online forever as the game allows direct IP connection.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:23 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yeah as Blast said 4x4 evo is online forever, due to the fact that you can connect withought the server via your IP address and you can still even log into gamespy for your buddy list which should be available long after the actual server goes down probably forever

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:26 pm
quote : #4
Type: Pal
Buddy lists online forever ...ladies and gentlemen we have an optomist Smile lol

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:00 pm
quote : #5
How many people can connect on a direct-ip game? Just one hosting and one connecting? or more than 2?

PD

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:55 pm
quote : #6
Blast wrote:
Buddy lists online forever ...ladies and gentlemen we have an optomist Smile lol

Laters

lol....well its just that the buddy list uses your main account to find a username that is associated with it, so I cant see any reason why this would be changed anytime soon by gamespy....not forecer maybe, but I good time after the main lobby goes down I would think.

I am pretty sure the usual up to 4 players can connect via the IP address method although I have only ever done it with two players so I cant say for sure, but I can see no reason why not

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:52 am
quote : #7
yup ur stuck to only 4 players max unless u can hack the game into making it a 6-8 player game online but i hardly dought the dc can handle it

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:08 am
quote : #8
maddmaxx wrote:
yup ur stuck to only 4 players max unless u can hack the game into making it a 6-8 player game online but i hardly dought the dc can handle it

I think the dreamcast could handle it easy. Windows CE, not so much. Has anyone besides nikon direct ip'd with Starlancer?