Page Location: Home > 4x4 Evolution > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:30 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I finally buy a PC version of 4x4 EVO. So now I can make maps. Right? Wrong. See there is the regular retail box version of 4x4 Evolution. Then there is this piece of garbage version, in a single jewel case called "4x4 Evo Special Edition" or Limited Edition as it says during the install. Usually these releases are newer better patched versions of the original release. This is what I assumed.

Sadly the Special actually means "special"... as in retarted. And limited actually means.....LIMITED.

This version has:

No Career
No Multiplayer
cannot install new trucks
no ford trucks
they took out the motocross track
no series or races

All it has is Quick Race and Time Attack. I was pretty pissed off.

So I do some investigating and find out that if you patch to v56 and then to v57 you can get the career mode and multiplayer implimented.

In the end I just don't care what is wrong with this thing as long as I get to start making maps for the Dreamcast version of 4x4 EVO. Shitty thing is, because this game requires files from career mode, you need those .pod files. I am working on downloading right now.

I'll be hosting these files on the website so any other user that gets the "Special" Edition can get their damn game fixed and up to par with how it should be.

Thank God I can get the game pieced back together. I would have been enraged if I had to fork over more money and buy another copy of the game.

Anyways I thought I would post this information for people who are looking to start making maps for the DC. If you happen to get the LE version, don't freak out, just need to patch the game a few times and add some missing files.

Last edited by lordnikon on Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:15 pm
quote : #2
I saw a few "Special" editions of games the day before yesterday while out shopping. Tomb Raider 5, Serious Sam, older stuff like that.

At least 4x4 is fixable.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:36 pm
quote : #3
Still a pretty lame way for publisher's to get a grab at another few bucks. I bet a few people bought the original and then the Special edition. Sick.
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:57 pm
quote : #4
the way it sounds to me is they pacaged the demo and added a few things and took others out and then selling it like it was a new game man that is sick