Topic: cosmic smash

Page 1 of 1
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:15 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
i must once again thank my dreamcast for providing me with yet another reason to believe that it is the greatest console ever. cosmic smash arrived for me on friday and i tried it yesterday. it is possibly the most simple, addictive game i have ever seen. i could play it for hours if i was better at it!! truly astounding dc game and its entirely in english!!! cant thank sega enough and a small mention goes out to nikon who set me straight about the game!!! one question tho, i take it the online password system no longer works right? when i got a high score it gave me a password and a net address but i didnt take it down in time. interesting to know. anyway yeah any self respectin dc owner should have this awesome game.
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:05 am
quote : #2
I heard it was virtua tennis mixed with pong and with rez style visuals. Close? I've heard this game doesn't have great longevity, but I really couldn't give a damn because it's box is so fucking pretty I could care less. Alas, I've already gotten my import for this week, but I hope to get this, along with the other necessary imports that I don't have (Ikaruga, Rez, Evil Twin, Guilty Gear X, Puyo Puyo Fever, Psyvariar) in the future.
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:49 pm
quote : #3
well it doesnt have much variety in gameplay at first glance but the number of levels you have to do and the inovative style and physics so on and so forth, its fcukin great, the graphics are wicked and the whole thing just screams "quality sega title on top form here" its very simple. its a cross between virtua tennis and rez as you said. i love it and will be on it tonite. and yes the case is bloody beautiful.
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:14 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
erm its more of a mixture of squash (the actual real sport) and rez, i dont realy like this game the gamplay is just to simple, it just feels like playuing a flash game, well as l;ong as ur loving it thats all that matters.
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:39 pm
quote : #5
i just played it for about an hour straight, beat the 5mil highest score and fought a computer character. its a superb game. dreamcast is all about inovative games and ideas and this game is just soooo much fun. there are loads of puzzles to do and if your good enough you fight the computer player. does anyone know of any hidden levels or characters or bosses? do you get a different boss on the end of each track on the map or is it all the same one?? i tried the site address and yep its gone. anyway cant wait to beat my highest score. after only maybe 3 hours play its not bad i think.

Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:36 pm
quote : #6
ultrapro wrote:
i just played it for about an hour straight, beat the 5mil highest score and fought a computer character. its a superb game. dreamcast is all about inovative games and ideas and this game is just soooo much fun. there are loads of puzzles to do and if your good enough you fight the computer player. does anyone know of any hidden levels or characters or bosses? do you get a different boss on the end of each track on the map or is it all the same one?? i tried the site address and yep its gone. anyway cant wait to beat my highest score. after only maybe 3 hours play its not bad i think.

did you try entering the site into www.archive.org ?
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:02 pm
quote : #7
how do you mean? the site just doesnt work, or is that some kind of archive for old sites? i thought you meant put it in there to try and preserve it or something. still, anyone else find this one of the most simple and rewarding dreamcast games ever or is it just me? i know you play this one nikon, let me know what kinda score you get, would be interesting to see how i stack up!!
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:25 am
quote : #8
its a site archive so they might have the cosmic smash site archived.
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:29 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
Word ultrapro Very Happy glad you are enjoying Cosmic Smash. The game is great. Pure arcade goddness. Mr. Green
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:00 pm
quote : #10
i did one the other day where i finished on a special smash which went behind one of those clear barriers that move blocking the ones you need to hit and the shot took out like 8 in one go, sheer brilliance.
Posted:
Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:13 pm
quote : #11
Cosmic Smash firmly belongs in the "crack whore" game category. It is very seductive and highly addictive. A friend of mine has it, and that game has caused countless hours to pass by in the blink of an eye...

Cosmic Smash is definitely a classic.

How are my little crackers doing today?
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:47 pm
quote : #12
wicked description mate, im almost affraid to play it again, the last time i did caused me to have a migraine and a day off work, (Actually i lie, thats more to do with the amount of drink i consumed the day before, but im sure playing cosmic smash till 4am on a day after a major piss up didnt help!!) cos its soo damn addictive. i love the graphics. and i love the power smash. the levels with the bits that move in the way of the ones you need to hit are awesome cos you have to really work at getting the ball behind them, its soooo wicked.