Page 1 of 1
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:04 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Good afternoon everyone,

I've had Puyo Puyo Fever for a few months now and it is a very good puzzle game. I know how to play the game on a technical level it's just my tactic are all wrong. Dropping the beans, getting combos etc are no problem but I always get mullered by the CPU opposition in the 1P game. There is no decent tutorial in the game, either.

Does anyone have any tips for me 'cos I'm sure there's some gameplay tactic I'm missing somewhere down the line? One thing I'm not sure about it how to make the 'rocks' fall on the other players screen.

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:01 pm
quote : #2
I am a Puyo Puyo maniac. I got the DS version and I love it and now I want to import the Dreamcast version even though they'll be the exact same. I can beat the WakuWaku course with usually 1 or no continues, and the Hara Hara... well... I usually go from 4 to 30 continues on that mode.

If you get a 6 or 7 chain in the beginning before your opponent [first 7 stages in Waku Waku and first 4 in Hara Hara], the rest of the match should be a breeze. When you get to the harder courses, you'll want to get into Fever mode as early as possible. Stack groups of three colours together in rows or columns so that no matter what colour puyo you get, you'll be able to offset/counter your opponent's combo.

You get points on your Fever Meter when you counter your opponents attack. Whenever they get a combo, and they have nothing to counter, they'll build Garbage Puyo's above your playing area. As long as you are able to offset on each turn, the Garbage Puyo won't fall on you. If you can't make a chain with your current puyo, garbage puyo will fall on you and you'll cry. Each time you counter a garbage puyo attack, your Fever Meter gets charged up. When you get in Fever, that's when you bring the hurt on.

In harder difficulties, the opponent will counter your fever in order to get them into fever... and then you cry. So watch out.

In fever mode, each of the premade chains usually has one sweet spot. Go in Endless Mode's Fever challenge to practice learning how each of the premade chain's are made and how to get the maximum chain from each set.

My tactic that usually gets a 5 or 6 chain... depending on how much small garbage puyo's my opponent sends me:

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO <-then you put a blue puyo right there. Bam. Instant 5 chain.
Posted:
Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:12 am
quote : #3
Smile Thanks alot, MK.

I understand more about the garbage/fever system now.

It seems it is more beneficial to start making the combos after your opponent as this, as you say, counters the garbage puyo and gets your fever meter going up!

In the heat of the battle when you have garbage puyos dropping it is hard to make the coloured puyos fall in such a uniform fashion. Practice is most definitely required.