Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:21 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey everyone, I know I haven't been around much on the boards as of late, but I was on vacation for a bit and then had some stuff to work out with my internet and whatnot - but nevertheless, my summer has finally slowed down and I'm back visiting OC on a regular [daily] basis... Anyhow, as many (and by many I mean most) of you know, I was trying to get a DC Quake 3 Clan League going about a month ago... To make a boring story short, we ended up with a lot of interest but unfortunately everyone that seemed interested never really followed through and actually played the game...

After thinking over the Clan League a bit more thoroughly I realized why the League didn't exactly work at first. Sure, there were a couple of us who were really hardcore about the idea of a clan league - but regrettably, there were only about 4-5 of us who were really committed and who played regularly. But, as I said I realized why this was so...

Before, for the league, I paired people up with other people... Basically I just randomly selected people from the list of those interested, and teamed them up with one another... Unfortunately, since this is a CLAN league and not a solo league, people want to play on a team with someone they know - someone they can trust - someone they know will have their back... And when you start being teamed up with guys you don't know, you lose that sense of brotherhood that is needed for a clan to exist efficiently.

At the time, I chose to do this random selection for the sake of time, just because I wanted to get the league off the ground as fast as possible... But I realized that something like this is going to take time to set up and make work effectively... So this time, I re-worked the idea and have decided to try the League again, but this time let everyone pick their own partners. Sure, I started to do that before and I deemed it as a failure, but it was only a failure because the process wasn't going as fast as I wanted it to. This time, I'm just going to let things run their course as their own pace. I know that Unerd and Grube were a team before, so I'm hoping they'd still be up for this idea... As well as Charmed because he was my partner in crime... And I have also been reading about the Nightmare Assassins, so that would be another team that could get in on this... And then whoever else wants to join...

I mean, like before, I'm not looking for a league that has tons of teams... Hell, just having 4 teams of 2 people would be great to me... So, anyhow, you guys tell me what you think, and feel free to give me suggestions and comments and all that jazz. I'll re-open the League website I had (which the link can actually be found in my SIG) and then take it from there. So I hope everything works out and I hope this time around, shit happens and "takes off."

I was also thinking about putting a forums on the League Website, so we wouldn't have to constantly be taking up room on Nikon's board about the same stuff... But again, I'm open to suggestions on how to make this run better and I am really excited and confident about this. And I hope you all are as well. ^_^
Posted:
Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:36 am
quote : #2
NibelheimPromise wrote:
I was also thinking about putting a forums on the League Website, so we wouldn't have to constantly be taking up room on Nikon's board about the same stuff... But again, I'm open to suggestions on how to make this run better and I am really excited and confident about this. And I hope you all are as well. ^_^

Well, the forum is here to be used, so feel free to use it and post whatever you want. Wink

Just use the Game Organization forum for talking about setting up meeting times. The Game Org forum is kinda like for those discussions that go "i'm not free for this weekend" or "maybe we should schedule it for blah blah" etc etc etc.

Everything else though can be discussed in here though. Like setting up teams and after game talk, post tournament scores, whatever. Use the forum....more Q3 talk = good Mr. Green
Posted:
Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:59 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
It's all good news, im hoping Grub is still up for being part of the 'Chicken Checkers' and that there will be a lot of support for this. Perhaps setting up a few quake sessions for those not part of a squad may enable a few people to gain a member/partner?

NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:59 am
quote : #4
Unerd, you are a genious. ^_^ Yeah, I think allowing people to have just a regular team-based match up might open some doors for everyone in regards to who they would want to team with. Also, I would defintely like to talk to Grube and see if he'd still be interested in being a part of the Clan Wars and more specifically, apart of the team you [unerd] and he created.

Also, I'd like to get a 'confirmation' from the Nightmare Assassins to see if they would like to be apart of this... I know they seemed really excited about the idea of clans in q3 (and in Starlancer), so I think this would be right up their alley so to speak.

Anyhow, but what's most important, is getting new people involved - getting them on a team and paired up with a person they want to play with on a consistent basis.
Posted:
Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:40 am
quote : #5
The ChickenCheckers arent dead. So as long as Un_erd likes 2 be my wingman I will still support that teamgame idea (he is a nice gamer mostly correct in setted times and he is only 1 hour behind me Razz).
About clans and any other stuff. Im not deep into such ideas. Grube was, is and will be ever a onemanshow.
Im Grube from clan SAU Razz But hell yeah I love teamgames.
Im using the OC sign for online gaming that ppl know Im from onlineconsoles - could be a friendly dude. Thats all.
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:40 pm
quote : #6
What happend to the league and clan? Is it still going to go thru or what? I dont kno too many people on here that play q3 but i guess i could look at the online list of players that have the game. All players i kno it seems they have been paired up already. Also if your looking for a partner pm me or something and maybe we can be a team. I use dreamcast mouse/keyboard setup w/ bba you pair up with me your almost gauranteed to win!
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:07 pm
quote : #7
well hatecrime the league started well but after 3 rounds Ive lost contact with Unerd and the others. Dont know why but it seems its very hard 2 hold official games. Anyway Im for sure online evry sat and sun (around 7 - 8 AM (GMT2+) ). During the week Im staying there sometimes around 8 PM - so pm for some game, would be a pleasure 2 frag you.
Posted:
Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:33 am
quote : #8
We had two full time employees and one part time employee quit within three weeks of each other at my new job, so I've been busy as hell lately with 60+ hour weeks while we try to compensate. That, and I just got a PSP.

I barely have time to sleep. Hopefully that will change soon.

Unerd_01
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:25 am
quote : #9
Type: PAL
Hola,

I'm still real up for the quake league, the Chicken Checkers shall never die Grube! Maybe a new effort for the league should be started?

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:15 am
quote : #10
Im on your site Unerd - could you smell me? Razz