1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:24 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you have been fragging it up DC style recently, you have probably played on one of our Quake 3 servers. Now join one of 6 official OnlineConsoles Quake III Arena Servers for the Sega Dreamcast. The modes we are hosting include: 3 Free For All deathmatch servers, 2 Capture the Flag servers, and 1 Team Deathmatch server. Al of these are hosted on Linux for optimal stability. Currently available 24/7, these servers run on dedicated bandwidth at a collocation center. They do not run off a home DSL line. If you are ever having trouble reaching the master list, you can write down the server IP’s and query them manually. The IP stays the same, so you don’t have to worry about it changing.

FFA1 - 66.197.134.149:27960
FFA2 - 66.197.134.149:27961
CTF1 - 66.197.134.149:27962
CTF2 - 66.197.134.149:27963
TDM1 - 66.197.134.149:27964
FFA3 - 66.197.134.149:27965

These servers are catered to Dreamcast platforms only. So, PC gamers if you are out there, please stay off of these servers out of respect. There are plenty of other servers hosted by other users, as well as the massive variety of games hosted on PC exclusive servers. Thank you for understanding.

These servers as well as sgrande’s servers add a huge boost in stability for Dreamcast Quake 3. It gives gamers a dedicated place to play online, without fear of reaching an empty list.

I hope to see more gamers fragging in the months ahead. Enjoy!

Last edited by lordnikon on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:10 pm; edited 7 times in total
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:26 am
quote : #2
Great news! Wink

You guys/gals really have no idea how hard Nikon works on this stuff. Let's really show his our appreciation and make the most of the servers!

- Dreamcast ™

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:49 am
quote : #3
you can tell how long its been since i played online, wtf does ffa mean?? i really need to test run my q3 and see what its like to try and find these servers gonna play about later and try out the oc servers. amazing work nikon, wish i knew how to do it.
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:55 am
quote : #4
FFA is "free for all", and as long as your DC is set up for internet, you shouldn't have any problems getting the master list and finding the servers. Q3 was the first online DC game I played about 2 months ago. I kinda suck at it to begin with, and I really suck now that I've been playing PSO religiously, but I'll be back on Q3 sometime.
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:22 am
quote : #5
Nice I always like an incentive to return to QIIIA! Very Happy I was happy with 4, but the more the merrier. Hope to see you all upon my return from Pakistan.
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:45 am
quote : #6
free for all? basically straight deathmatch no teams right? cool well i shall check it out later on.
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:54 am
quote : #7
ultrapro wrote:
free for all? basically straight deathmatch no teams right?

Exactimundo. Most of the servers on Quake III Arena are FFA Servers, but I'm pumped to see some more CTF Flags, because that has always been my favorite "traditional" online mode. Team Deathmatch I've never tried, but it'd be cool to give QIIIA a hint of teamwork, something that the DC version isn't really well known for.
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:19 am
quote : #8
I logged on briefly and got 'no servers' when i connected. Are these all up and running or do I have to type in the addresses manually?

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:50 am
quote : #9
Are you using a free isp? Or It might have been when you were scanning the internet someone tried to call you (if your on dial-up) and you lost your connection.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:10 pm
quote : #10
If I didn't suck so badly and Q3, this would be good news. It's still great for all the other Q3 players though. Nice work.

SINNED
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:42 pm
quote : #11
Awesome. The minute I read this I went searching for my mouse.

Had a few games, but none of the people I played were from this site :/ I use the name NoBullet online. I'll be on tonight.

keiblerfan69
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:56 pm
quote : #12
If i can find get mine DC set back up ill be online again.
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:52 pm
quote : #13
Type: PAL
me and Grub decided to give ur servers a go to see if it was playable for me (33k) and you kno what? IT WAS FULL FUCKIN SPEED!!!!! I had a better ping than grub at times and he has a BBA!! un fuckin beleivable, keep up the gud work Nikon.
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:32 pm
quote : #14
I tried logging on to the master server, but it said I got no response.

I have yet to connect to their IP's manually, I'll give that a go.

Hope to see you guys online.

halal6
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:02 am
quote : #15
I still have the old browser disc version 2.62 do I have to purchase the 3.0 version to get online if I'm still using dial up