Topic: my recent purchases

Page 1 of 2
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
as many of you know i have one of the largest collections of dreamcast official released games around, and i have been buying some more as i felt i was neglecting my video games of late. so i went on an ebay/amazon spend up this month. some things i could've spent less on probably but i think i got some good deals!!

replacements

sonic adventure = £7
soldier of fortune = £12
deadly skies = £10

new games

vermillion desert = $20
sega bass fishing 2 = $43
reel fishing wild = £35
prince of persia arabian nights = $27
conflict zone = £8
cosmic smash = $70

some slightly higher than i wanted but thanks to the ol pound and all you can halve all the dollar amounts. i also bought loads of vmu batteries (doubly handy cos you can use them for your memory in a saturn!!) , some replacement pal, cases and a few bits for my saturn as well. anyone gone on a rediculous spending spree like me?

dreamcast game count is 218 removing all unofficial games such as flintstones, fenix, defence commander, propeller arena, halflife, beats of rage, metal gear solid, metal slug and doom for dc leaves 209
Posted:
Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:01 pm
quote : #2
damn, 35 pounds or 70 bucks for some games? Talk about rare! Do you actually play these or keep them wrapped up in a closet somewhere? Confused
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:52 am
quote : #3
I hope after paying $70 for Cosmic Smash you are going to play it Wink

It always feels good to go on a bit of a spending mission though! Played!

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:04 am
quote : #4
Im more of a bargain hunter if its not under 10 £ its not for me Very Happy
Thats why I always end up with loads of 1£ games on the way ending up paying more than a 10£ eeahc time but at least loads of games lol

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:38 am
quote : #5
charmed_699 wrote:
games lol

AMEN
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:03 am
quote : #6
so not the way forward with DC gaming. I would rather have 5 decent games even if you have to spent a bit more than 50 mediocre titles. If you limit yourself to $10 or whatever then your collection starts to look like this:

Wild Metal
Monaco Racing
Shadowman
Psychic Force 2012
Disneys Dinosour
NFL Blitz

and before you know it you don't bother playing anything.

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:25 am
quote : #7
oh believe me Im the guy who got some really excellent stuff at less than a 10 £
Like I got ecco the dolphin sealed 3.50£ or a really good copy of jet set radio for 2 £ something and even better space channel 5 for 2 £ !
Sometimes its not about the price its about luck guess thats why ebay so popular with the masses and all that .
Come dont tell me sometimes you never try a load of really high grade games and actually manage to get it at like 5 £ or less?
Im sure there must have been some game at a time you got cheap really good and hey better than spending loads of money .
sorry for the long post trying to explain better what I said before Very Happy

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:21 pm
quote : #8
to me $70 isnt a lot at all, its only £40. and i try to limit myself to about £40 for a rare game, £20 for a good game thats not exactly rare and about £10 for a replacement. i have a lot of money to waste. and yes i play them alot, i have yet to try the 2 new fishing games but i have tried all the other new ones. i dont play the japanese games that i cant understand very much at all, i just look for a japanese title that sounds good that hasnt been released in the uk or us as far as i know, try and find it for a moderate price and see what its like when i get it, if its playable i will give it a good try but theres only so much fun i can get out of a foreign game that i cant understand. so i keep them for my collection. i am a collector of video games but im also a major video game nut, some games i consider myself a pro at. ie: pso, soul calibur, hydro thunder, 4 wheel thunder, you know the classics, the kind you cant put down for 4 months straight.

and yes i do play the rare ones a lot, i spent 3 hours straight playing cosmic smash, it was bloody brilliant!! and conflict zone is allright, its not too great but i dont mind it for 7 quid.
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:55 pm
quote : #9
Type: PAL
i havnt actualy baught a DC game in ages but a mate of mine (as u all probably kno) gave me shenmue 2 for free Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green (as u can tell i was very happy with this). I'd personly pay up to £80 for a rare game (as ong as its a gud rare game)
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:59 pm
quote : #10
yeah i guess it just depends on the game and the quality/condition its in. i pay more sometimes, i think i paid £60 or £70 for ikaruga back in the day. gonna have to hold on to my money for now cos it looks like i may need to look for another job soon.

anyone else has some interesting buys of late? i nearly got july (jap rpg) but heard it was really shit and decided against it.
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:05 pm
quote : #11
Type: PAL
oh i got 'Super Probotector' boxed and in pritty gud condition for my snes the other day for like £5 (for al those that dont kno super probotecter is thename given to the pal version of Contra 3, nd instead of playing as the dude with blond hair u play as a robot which is cool)
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:10 pm
quote : #12
Type: Pal
charmed_699 wrote:
Thats why I always end up with loads of 1£ games on the way ending up paying more than a 10£ eeahc time but at least loads of games lol

Think your a bit like me Smile I noramly look at what price a game is selling for then set out to get it at a cheaper price. The last good example I can come up with is Starlancer which seems to go for a fair wack these days. They had Starlancer in a shop about 10 miles from my house for £39.99 but I held out and got it on Ebay buy it now for about £3 off some German bird who obviously had know Idea what she was selling. Came to about £6with postage I think.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:35 pm
quote : #13
I hadn't purchased any new games for quite a while, which was really difficult to pull off. To celebrate, I caved and picked up a few things. Here's what I grabbed:

- Gunbird 2 - new copy for $14.50 (my Capcom collection is continuing to grow)
- Sonic Adventure 2 10th birthday pack
- Guilty Gear X
- Capcom Vs Snk 1(I've been surprised at how difficult it has been to find a decent copy of this game. It was easier to get Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fight 2001)
another backup Dreamcast (NTSC-U)

SA2, Guilty Gear X, and C v SNK were bundled together with the Dreamcast and a few other games for $60, including shipping, so I think it was a pretty good deal. Those items should arrive within the next few days. It would be really cool if they arrived today, so I would have the weekend to mess around with 'em.

How are my little crackers doing today?
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:40 pm
quote : #14
sounds good, any really expensive purchases of late guys?? or the sort of stuff that has been mentioned??

*on a completely side note but reffering to dreamcast, i saw the pilot of csi the other day, dreamcast was mentioned in it, 2 characters, nick stokes and some lab rat, where talking about getting it, that its graphics were killer and they mentioned a football game, made me feel all warm and tingly to hear that.*
Posted:
Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:30 pm
quote : #15
Le Spank wrote:
so not the way forward with DC gaming. I would rather have 5 decent games even if you have to spent a bit more than 50 mediocre titles. If you limit yourself to $10 or whatever then your collection starts to look like this:

Wild Metal
Monaco Racing
Shadowman
Psychic Force 2012
Disneys Dinosour
NFL Blitz

and before you know it you don't bother playing anything.

Hey now -- Shadowman was better than that. Anyway, I found a place that sells Toy Commander for 5 bucks. Should I pick it up?