Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Tank
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:59 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I'm on my 7th Dreamcast. I still have 3 or 4 broken Dreamcasts. A couple of weeks ago lightning struck very close to my house. The lightning strike fried my answering machine,a VCR,a light bulb,my Dreamcast modem,my PC modem,and turned my PC monitor purple. I couldn't dial out on my PC or my Dreamcast. So I got one of my old Dreamcasts,took out the modem and put the modem in my current Dreamcast. Success. I was able to dial out on my Dreamcast. So if you have any old Dreamcasts you might want to hang on to them in case your modem is hit by lightning.

Last edited by Tank on Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Posted:
Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:05 pm
quote : #2
Or, for a more baggy friendly option, take out the modems. Razz
Posted:
Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:26 pm
quote : #3
you can also make a clock out of its shell. Check www.dcemualtion.com on the boards, got to hardware modification. search. enjoy.
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:35 pm
quote : #4
Chile wrote:
you can also make a clock out of its shell. Check www.dcemualtion.com on the boards, got to hardware modification. search. enjoy.

Yea, but thats one of those WHY THE FUCK things..........

*Goes to make one*
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:07 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
dwachill wrote:
*Goes to make one*

<voice trailing off> Nooooooo! </trailing off>

TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:53 pm
quote : #6
The real question is, why wouldn't you want to make a DC clock?
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:54 am
quote : #7
Tick, Tock. Now only is the open button was snooze.... <ponders on this for hours>
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:58 pm
quote : #8
TTS wrote:
The real question is, why wouldn't you want to make a DC clock?

yes, yes. quite.

not homeade or a dc, but pretty damn cool! http://www.pelikonepeijoonit.net/articles/dc/Dcclock.jpg
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:26 pm
quote : #9
i tell u what my cousin bought a dreamcast for $5 someone was puting out sigg's on the top of it cause it didnt work . well it worked but it wouldent see any controllers the diod on the controller bord was fryed. so me and my cousin own seprait dreamcast i got mine when the price first dropped to $150 he had his when the price droped to $99 . well any ways about a year ago i had to put my dc under the knife i had to fix the spendle motor cause on of the contact brushed inside the motor bent backwards . i fixed it but i had problems cause the motor wasnt alighned . my cousins dc had a weak eye . so we took the dc he got and i took the eye out of the tray and i took the tray with the cd spendle motor so in tern we sacrafist one dreamcast to make 2 bran new . so $5 was a good price to get 2 dc's up again . im still on my first dreamcast that i got but im keeping tabs on the maintaince

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:22 pm
quote : #10
People really should refurbish or restore old Dreamcasts. Send them out for repair or fix them yourself if possible. Eventually it will get to the point where finding a Dreamcast won't be as easy as it is now. Would be a shame to see the total count of available Dreamcasts plummet because people trashed their Dreamcasts that no longer worked.

My brother gave me a Dreamcsat for christmas that he found in the trash. It was completly totalled. HOWEVER. It worked! I cleaned the entire thing. Took me days to clean the case and the controllers and everything.

Gave it back to him, and now he is a Dreamcast fan. He can't get enough of Cosmic Smash :]
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:45 pm
quote : #11
Nikon is right, whore every dreamcast you find. In 10 years you can sell them for 100 bucks Mr. Green
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:49 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon, I agree completely. I still use my original Dreamcast, which has never given me problems, but I have also purchased three used consoles as backups. I've had a bit of a resetting problem with one backup, and a drive problem with another one, but I'm committed to maintaining them. I have a link cable that I intend on using someday in a full-time setup for F355 and VOOT, plus I'll still want to have a backup or two as insurance.

Too many Dreamcasts are getting trashed on and neglected, and that means the availability for those of us who care will become limited. I think the situation will noticeably worsen as the "next generation" of consoles begins coming out this holiday season. I plan on having my Dreamcast collection up until I stop breathing, so I better be prepared for the future.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Mr.INSANE
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:44 pm
quote : #13
My Dreamcast almost looks brand new becuase we have kept it in very good condition. I plan on getting one for just me soon so i can start creating homebrew stuff.

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:57 pm
quote : #14
i didnt really want to do it i didnt have the money to send it in or buy replacement parts . i cant even find replacement parts
but if it brought 2 dreamcast back up its cool cause i can get the parts dreamcast back up cause all it is it the controller bord diode that need replaced and it has my old spindle motor and my cousins eye . the parts in the parts dreamcast still work but not as good as the other 2 dreamcast the parts dreamcast fixed . if i didnt fix my dreamcast i would have no dreamcast to play on any more

keiblerfan69
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:31 pm
quote : #15
lordnikon wrote:
People really should refurbish or restore old Dreamcasts. Send them out for repair or fix them yourself if possible. Eventually it will get to the point where finding a Dreamcast won't be as easy as it is now. Would be a shame to see the total count of available Dreamcasts plummet because people trashed their Dreamcasts that no longer worked.

My brother gave me a Dreamcsat for christmas that he found in the trash. It was completly totalled. HOWEVER. It worked! I cleaned the entire thing. Took me days to clean the case and the controllers and everything.

Gave it back to him, and now he is a Dreamcast fan. He can't get enough of Cosmic Smash :]

there u go that what we should be doing. getting others into Dreamcast.