Topic: aerodancing i

Page 1 of 2
Tank
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:15 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Is this game still online. Has anyone ever played it online. I want to play aerodancing online. I remember seeing a FAQ somewhere saying you had to join www.isao.net and change the settings on your PC so that the Dreamcast would dial the Japanese server. It's the Maximim Pool 'miracle' that made me start thinking about this again. Flight sims rule.
Posted:
Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:57 pm
quote : #2
What are the differents betwen version F and I?
And what are differents betwen all these others aerodancing versions (saw some different versions - different named aerodancings .......)
Posted:
Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:00 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
here give this a look over its a list of jap games that are still online or in the grave yard http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/content_gameslist_jp.php

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:34 am
quote : #4
It isn't online, but if you get the Japanese version you'll be able to use the VS link cable, which arguably, is more fun.
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:05 am
quote : #5
again: What are the differents betwen version F and I?
Posted:
Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:29 am
quote : #6
ok i found the site again it has alot of dreamcast game reviews and detaild descriptions heres the link http://www.shinforce.com/dreamcast/Reviews.htm
oh btw areo dancing is areowing over in the USA on the dc
and areo dancing F is aerowing 2 airstrike over here in the USA on the dreamcast

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:43 am
quote : #7
I've been trying to gather information on these games too, before diving into purchases for my Vs. Link setup. The only information I have ever been able to find (that I can understand, anyway) on the Aero Dancing series comes from Yakumo's website Segagagadomain.com. The information on the site comes from his personal collection, and he has the special edition of Aero Dancing I, titled "Aero Dancing i Jikai Saku Made Matemasen," (catchy title, eh?) and it includes extras not included in the original. The "I" games were the latest editions to the series, and allowed up to 4 player action instead of just 2 as found in "F."

There are a couple of inconsistencies in Yakumo's descriptions, however, because he indicates that Vs. compatibility was removed from I. He also states that Aero Dancing I allows 4-player gaming online via it's own server, allowing the game to never go offline. I do not think that is a correct statement though. Anyway, here are links to both descriptions on his web site. It sounds like the biggest difference is 4 players vs. 2. Follow the link, click on "Dreamcast" on the upper right, and look up Aero Dancing. Here you go:

http://www.segagagadomain.com/welcome-news.htm

How are my little crackers doing today?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:14 pm
quote : #8
VS play was not removed from Aero Dancing I. There are 4 versions. Both F and I got expansion packs. The original F and I are the ones that are vs link compatible.

These are the ones you want to get:
http://www.sega.co.jp/dc/db/000203.html
http://www.sega.co.jp/dc/db/010205.html
Posted:
Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:33 pm
quote : #9
Link cable? I'm talking about playing online.

After much searching I found the following guide for setting up a US Dreamcast to play online Japanese games:

Basic Set-up Guide
Home

After you get your isao acount, this guide will tell you the basic set-up of the account to the DC. After using this guide, you will be ready to play a lot of the isao games, including PSO v1 & 2. Some games like Sakura Taisen Online require more then this.

First, take out any version of Planetweb and start it in your DC. Almost everyone should have this, if not you can go to eBay.com and search for "dreamcasr browser" and you can pick one up for less then $3. You can also use any NTSC/US online enabled game that allows you to enter ISP info, such as Quake III and NBA 2k2, however you will nto be able to put in the POP3 settings with those.

Now, get the the place where you can enter your ISP info (whatever you may be using) You probably have your current ISP info already here. Be sure to copy down your current ISP info, including any POP3 setting you may have if you need to, then delete everything there you have. Don't worry you'll still be able to connect to the internet with your DC normally (explained later)

Thrid, take your isao.net account info. Place it in the correct spots on Planetweb. Put anyhting for real name, your isao login for "Login", your isao password for "Password" Leave the DNS and dial-up numbers blank.

Now on the E-mail account page (if using Planetweb) enter the POP3 and SMTP provided to you by isao (it'll be similar to gp.isao.net and mailsv4.isao.net, check your isao account to get exact name). For your e-mail login just use the first part of your isao.net account, for example, if your account name was sega@gp.isao.net, then your login would be "sega". Anything else should be self explaintory.

I've heard this is a nessary step, however I don't think it is required for PSO.

Click "OK", and be sure any settings you entered have been saved.

Now, you'll need a Dreampassport browser No one should have any trouble getting one. Nearly every Japanese game has one, and an online enabled game for sure (it'll be in the "Website" section of the game, usually accessable from the Main Menu.. If for whatever reason you do not have one of these, you can also you the XDP broser which is downloadble, which has a revamp of the Dreampassport browser (very good one also I might add)

Once you have the browser opened (you won't need to connect to the internet, in fact you shouldn't be able to if you did everything right in Planetweb) press the "R Trigger" on the Dreamcast controller. On the menu you need to get into the "Options" It is the screen where it has 9 boxes and plays the music. Usually it'll be the one after press down twice after bringing up the R-trigger menu. If not, find it by a trial and error process. I hope that all wasn't too confusing.

Once you're on the Options menu, click on the box in the lower-right corner. You'll see another menu. If you don't have a translated version, the translation is:

Provider: Sega User
Info Config: Sega User BBA

You want to go to "User" under "Info Config" This will bring up screens where you need to add in your current ISP info.

First screen is your Dial-Up numbers, you need only one, add up to three if you like. Hit the lower right button to advance.

Then on the next screen Enter your ISP login in the first box, and your password in the second box. Hit the lower right button to advance.

The next screen is your DNS numbers. Enter whatever they may be for your ISP, usually 0.0.0.0 works.

Hit the lower right button, the next is your POP3 email account info if you have/want it. Enter whatever needs to placed. Hit hte lower-right button again.

Next screen is the server info for your POP3 email. Enter the POP3 and SMTP info if you want. Hit the lower-right button again.

You can just hit the lower right button on this screen.

The next screen is the final screen with three DC's. Hit the one of the left-most side. Hit the lower-right button once more.

This screen has "Save" (left) "Don't Save" (right). Be sure to hit save!

Nwo you'll be back to the homepage, and try connecting to the internet to test your connection. If it works, congrats! The basic set-up is complete and you're ready to play some games like PSO.

http://www.geocities.com/isaoguide/basguid.html?200528

------------------------------------------------------------

After looking at some other posts here regarding Aerodancing i,one guy said when he tried to get online with it he got an error message in Japanese he couldn't read. Maybe using the above info would make it possible to connect.

I also ran a translation program on one of the pages st sega.co.jp that lordnikon gave a link to:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3039/translationaerodancing3wq.jpg

The translation indicated the game was taken offline March 31,2003,but that's what was said about Quake,which you can still play online:
Posted:
Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:31 am
quote : #10
Tank wrote:
The translation indicated the game was taken offline March 31,2003,but that's what was said about Quake,which you can still play online:

All Sega support for Quake 3 Arena has been suspended. There are no more dedicated servers hosted by sega, and the sega.net master list is no longer working. Technically sega never said "Quake 3 Arena is offline". They said they were suspending support for all Dreamcast Online titles.

To say "Because Quake 3 Arena is still online, Aero Dancing must be as well", is like me saying, "Because my dog lived for 12 years, so will yours". Aero Dancing and Quake 3 Arena used entirely different network kits, with different features. Quake 3 Arena has direct ip support, a fallback master list, and dedicated server support. Aero Dancing has none of these.

Lets take a more realistic comparison of games shall we?

Quake 3 Arena for the Dreamcast US version

vs

Quake 3 Arena for the Dreamcast EU version

Guess what? The EU version is no longer online anymore.

Just because another Dreamcast online game is still online, has no bearing on the functionality of another title.

The Aero Dancing games are no longer online anymore.
Posted:
Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:33 pm
quote : #11
If Maximun Pool could be brought back online then it is entirely possible that Aerodancing i could be brought back online.
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:45 am
quote : #12
that because the servers was still up and fully working . what happened was the ip address for the servers changed witch the dreamcast ver was not able to change with the ip move so in tern there was some recertch and was found out that when the dreamcast saved the game to a memcard it had the ip address info in the save game so segadreamcaster found a site thanks to moi that had a person that knew the server's inside and out and changed the ip address in the save to match the current ip address of the servers this is the only game of its kind that did this with the memcard no other game saves the ip info to the memory card

its sorda hard to bring a game back online with there being no server up for it every game requires server software running on the server for each game every game has diffrent software running on the servers . and so far sega game loft and a few others wont give up the server software for each game

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:17 am
quote : #13
Type: PAL
maddmaxx wrote:
ok i found the site again it has alot of dreamcast game reviews and detaild descriptions heres the link http://www.shinforce.com/dreamcast/Reviews.htm
oh btw areo dancing is areowing over in the USA on the dc
and areo dancing F is aerowing 2 airstrike over here in the USA on the dreamcast

if thats so then maybe aerowing is link compatible?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Al
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:23 pm
quote : #14
Type: PAL
European and American versions don't have a link function.

If you want to play via link cable you should try to get two copies of Aero Dancing F

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:48 pm
quote : #15
it would have been great if it did tho