Topic: :) Almost on PAL PSO!

Page 1 of 3
jizz missile
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:15 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have e-mailed Sega of Europe for obtaining a V1 and V2 serial number / access key because I am using US V2 and YES I CAN connect to the servers. I need a un-used V1 and V2 serial / access and I cannot call long distance to get them over the phone. Can someone please give Sega a ring and get me a V1 and V2 serial / access? After i get these and test it out, I will post a guide on how to get onto the European servers from a US copy of V1 or V2 Smile

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:07 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Cool. As long as it involves no hacks.
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:29 pm
quote : #3
if that really works that is huge news. for one, codebreaker has a tendency to erase VMU's (i just experienced this one today) So do you not have a US serial number and access key, or will the US numbers not work? Are they in the same format (same number of digits)? And, would SEGA of EU hand out numbers to us in the states?
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:40 pm
quote : #4
He's using codebreaker, which is technically a "hack." There is one other legit way that doesn't involve the DC directly, however it's currently only available to people with BBAs and PC/DC servers.

I don't know the European server address, so I can't vouch for this method just yet. Depends on whether or not the US version uses a different means of interpreting keys than the EU version does. If that's the case, we'll have a problem.

[Edit...]

... lol, actually, I just remembered something. If this works and Nikon would be williing share a little space on one of the Q3 servers, he could run his own DNS. Then everyone could could use this method, 100% legit. All they would have to do is set their DNS addresses to whatever the server's is. If not Nikon, I might be able to get one hosted.

- Dreamcast ™

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:21 pm
quote : #5
this sounds like real big, great news. Keep the search going! Because....

Knowledge is POWER!

http://www.markstivers.com/cartoons/Stivers%2012-12-02%20Knowledge%20is%20power.gif Mr. Green
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:31 pm
quote : #6
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
He's using codebreaker, which is technically a "hack." There is one other legit way that doesn't involve the DC directly, however it's currently only available to people with BBAs and PC/DC servers.

I don't know the European server address, so I can't vouch for this method just yet. Depends on whether or not the US version uses a different means of interpreting keys than the EU version does. If that's the case, we'll have a problem.

[Edit...]

... lol, actually, I just remembered something. If this works and Nikon would be williing share a little space on one of the Q3 servers, he could run his own DNS. Then everyone could could use this method, 100% legit. All they would have to do is set their DNS addresses to whatever the server's is. If not Nikon, I might be able to get one hosted.

- Dreamcast ™

No, I'm using a BBA.

EDIT: So can anyone please call up sega of europe and get me a EU V1 and V2 serial / access key?

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:36 pm
quote : #7
Well, we're left with three possible methods of connecting that you may have employed:

• The codebreaker trick.
  • ICS
  • Private DNS server (either Ice(pick / breaker, I can't remember) or one you're hosting yourself)

Like Aleron said over at the other site, write Sega of Europe an e-mail.

- Dreamcast ™

jizz missile
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:38 pm
quote : #8
I've tried, and i got one of those "go to Sega.com and use our support" thing

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:02 pm
quote : #9
why dont you actually try telling us how you've magically accomplished this?
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:05 pm
quote : #10
well, I set up a DNS server with the IP of the EU servers and tried connecting, and I did get connected.

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:06 pm
quote : #11
And 'bingo' was his name-o.

jizz missile
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:08 pm
quote : #12
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
And 'bingo' was his name-o.

Huh?

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:17 pm
quote : #13
well i think i speak for the rest of us when i say i'll believe it when i see it. too many times have people come on here proclaiming they can magically ressurect a game from the dead by the flick of a switch or as easy as toasting a sandwich, it requires a little more proof than that to convince me of what you claim. sorry im just a sceptic, it takes years of hard practice.
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:23 pm
quote : #14
Type: PAL
PM me your email and i'll get codes sent to you within 48hours, good luck Cool

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:25 pm
quote : #15
Why can't you just PM him the codes? Very Happy. I never understood why people buy cars so they can get to the bus stop if you catch my drift. Wink

... unless Sega has to send him the codes via e-mail.