Page 2 of 3
Unerd_01
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:30 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: PAL
hazaa, Sega do email the codes and as far as im aware its so many per address. Be interesting to see what comes of this research?!

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:36 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
What's the link for the site where you can find the information about contacting them? I went through the SOE site with a fine-tooth-comb and only found BB and C.A.R.D related links.

I'm confused about something, though... I thought once PSO was authenticated, it was passed on to the game server. Why can't you authenticate yourself on the US V2 authentication server (which is still up), then redirect to the ship / block server address to the PAL one?

What IP address(es) are you using? I already know that the US version looks for game01.st-pso.games.sega.net.

- Dreamcast ™

Unerd_01
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:42 pm
quote : #18
Type: PAL
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
What's the link for the site where you can find the information about contacting them? I went through the SOE site with a fine-tooth-comb and only found BB and C.A.R.D related

*www.sega-europe.com

*Support

*Ask a question

after signing up you shall recieve codes in about 24 hours!

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:44 pm
quote : #19
Alright, thanks. Sorry. The way he said in the beginning about being redirected when he tried that method, I thought there must be some other request form or something put out in a hidden area of the SOE site.

- Dreamcast ™

jizz missile
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:39 pm
quote : #20
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
What's the link for the site where you can find the information about contacting them? I went through the SOE site with a fine-tooth-comb and only found BB and C.A.R.D related links.

I'm confused about something, though... I thought once PSO was authenticated, it was passed on to the game server. Why can't you authenticate yourself on the US V2 authentication server (which is still up), then redirect to the ship / block server address to the PAL one?

What IP address(es) are you using? I already know that the US version looks for game01.st-pso.games.sega.net.

- Dreamcast ™

I do go through the US authentication, then I get redirected to the European server.

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:44 pm
quote : #21
So walk me through what happens when you try to connect.

For me on a normal setup, the PC connects to the HL authentication server. Verifies the serial / access key. I'm then redirected to the server responsible for handling ship / block selection / gameplay. Where do you get stuck at?

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:03 pm
quote : #22
this is funny. i love this stuff, whats funnier is people actually think its going to work. hey i'll be happy as larry for you us pso players if it does work but i highly doubt it. this has all been gone through and discussed before.
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:10 pm
quote : #23
I've done something VERY similar with PSO if you know where I'm going with this, and have made a successful connection. It works. Whether or not US PSO and the PAL PSO server can play nicely is another story, but I'd say we're at about the final chapter in this whole production, so we'll know shortly. Smile

And you can't blame the guy for trying. At least he's trying to support the PAL server while we still have it. Plus, if this works, think of how many people will finally be able to all play online together on the official servers like it was meant to be played, and was played before Sega decided the US servers needed to be shut down.

I do have a bad feeling though, as I'm sure this has been attempted before, yet there isn't any evidence supporting this theory.

- Dreamcast ™

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:17 pm
quote : #24
my point exactly. and no offense to the players on this board in particular, but i was pleased when they shut down the us servers. the number of hackers and coders was cut down by about 85% no more nolling, no more pking no more fsod no more walking behind walls no more making up your own level without playing the game once. i dont blame the guy for trying at all i just doubt it will work. people all over the place have tried this and failed, it has been proven to just not work so im just not holding my hopes up.
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:36 pm
quote : #25
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
So walk me through what happens when you try to connect.

For me on a normal setup, the PC connects to the HL authentication server. Verifies the serial / access key. I'm then redirected to the server responsible for handling ship / block selection / gameplay. Where do you get stuck at?

pretty much same thing as you, i go through the US HL verification (since there is no HL verification for the EU version of the game) then I get directed to the actual game server and before I can even select a ship or what not, it tells me I have a invalid serial / access key so that means that I need a EU serial.

And ultrapro, could you calm down?

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:39 pm
quote : #26
If you don't mind my asking, what are the addresses for the european server? If you could, please PM them so they don't end up in the hands of someone looking to cause trouble to the server.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:46 pm
quote : #27
um, mate im perfectly calm, have you read my posts?? i have no problem with you or anything else im just sceptical that anyone will be able to fix pso for americans, as i said its all been tried before. but hey, if you get it to work then great, well done!! i'll be the first one to admit i was wrong. its nothing to do with you personally or anyone else, im just skeptical when people attempt these things. get it? no anger or malice intended.
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:26 pm
quote : #28
the PM was sent Dreamcast

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:37 pm
quote : #29
Thanks, but is the IP the one to the PAL server, or to your DNS? The IP points back to Amsterdam. If it's yours, I need the original so I can run it through my NAT app. Otherwise I have to edit my DC settings, and I don't like to mess with things once I know they're in proper order. Then it throws too many variables into the mix, making it harder to find where the problem is if one should arise.

- Dreamcast

jizz missile
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:04 pm
quote : #30
yeah its the IP