Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have been looking through Propeller Arena files on the CD right now. Im finding some interesting pics of all different kinds, as well as the in game website (sorta) here, check it out. you might be able to see this, i don't know.

file:///d:/DP3_US/DPWWW/INDEX.HTM

I guess the link doesn't work, its only on the cd.

Anyways, I suggest you get out your Dreamcast games and look on the cd's for hidden content!

Note! I have been looking through some, and I have found some most excellent artwork! They make great avatars I assure you!
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:17 pm
quote : #2
I believe that they call it "OMAKE" (bonus) content, and they've been doing it since the Saturn (Sega CD?) era! I first discovered omake items on a non-PC game disc in Christmas NiGHTS for Saturn (was listening to the music on my PC); Some nice Windows wallpaper, back when I had Windows 3.1. Mr. Green
keiblerfan69
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:57 am
quote : #3
ya if u put DOA 2 in there u get bikini shots of most of the girls
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:28 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just wont run the bonus content from "Atelier Marie". Which has a screensaver on it that has a PC Computer virus. O_O

"It essentially sleeps 364 days out of the year and then wakes up on Christmas Day trying to destroy your systems. It can affect a machine any day of the year, and you are not going to notice a problem. You won't know you are infected until Christmas."
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:02 am
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
Just wont run the bonus content from "Atelier Marie". Which has a screensaver on it that has a PC Computer virus. O_O

"It essentially sleeps 364 days out of the year and then wakes up on Christmas Day trying to destroy your systems. It can affect a machine any day of the year, and you are not going to notice a problem. You won't know you are infected until Christmas."

are u serious? thats not an official game is it. did u read about it or find out about it your self?
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:39 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/dreamcast.html
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:13 am
quote : #7
I seem to remember some Sonic Adventure desktop backrounds. That's all I ever knew of though.
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:56 am
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/dreamcast.html

That. Would. Suck.

I've become so used to Dreamcast games having Omake that when they don't have any bonus content I'm a little let down, just like if they don't have a cd graphic when you try and run it on the Dreamcast's music player. Anyway, what is, in your opinion, the best Omake you've encountered? I like MDK2 quite a bit.
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:33 am
quote : #9
It's what?

It's over.

Yup. It's alllll over.
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:28 pm
quote : #10
icepick wrote:
I believe that they call it "OMAKE" (bonus) content, and they've been doing it since the Saturn (Sega CD?) era! I first discovered omake items on a non-PC game disc in Christmas NiGHTS for Saturn (was listening to the music on my PC); Some nice Windows wallpaper, back when I had Windows 3.1. Mr. Green

SIDENOTE: Funny story. "Omake" literally means "extra" in Japanese. When I went to visit my family in Tokyo years ago I met my cousin's fiancee, who my aunt introduced as "Omake." It wasn't until three weeks later that I learned her name was really Yumiko. My aunt introduced everyone to her as "Extra," and nobody ever said anything.

Needless to say, they divorced after two years of marriage, and until recently, divorce rarely occured in Japanese marriages.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I really like rooting around on my game directories on my PC. The bikini slideshow on DOA2 is great, and it really shows the origin of DOA Beach Volleyball. I haven't done it for a while, but this is making me want to search some more. There's a lot of great artwork and skins to be found, so keep rooting around.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:27 pm
quote : #11
i found a very nice one which is going to be my new avatar. Work slave work! Twisted Evil
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:26 pm
quote : #12
KOG- That sounds like sort of an embarassing situation. Your cousin's fiance wasn't that bad, was she? Neutral

Wink

lordnikon- Oh, forgot about that one. There's a "PC extra" that nobody counted on... Laughing
hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:05 pm
quote : #13
PSO, sonic adventure 2, Dreamkey 3.0 and Skies of Arcadia all have hidden content! PSO SA2 DK all have wallpapers, and if you play SOA in the dreamcast music player you find some speech samples that were scrapped from the final game! Very Happy
Posted:
Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:12 am
quote : #14
Are backups supposed to have the same layout on the computer as regular GD-ROM's when you put them in the computer? Because I tried one that a friend lent me and the layout didn't have the folders clearly labeled "omake" and "data" and stuff, just a lot of files scattered everywhere. Is that normal or a bad rip? I found some cool drawings in my new JP version of Power Stone 2 as well.
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:19 am
quote : #15
icepick wrote:
KOG- That sounds like sort of an embarassing situation. Your cousin's fiance wasn't that bad, was she? Neutral

Wink

lordnikon- Oh, forgot about that one. There's a "PC extra" that nobody counted on... Laughing

Well, Omake wasn't bad, but for whatever reason, my aunt certainly wasn't impressed. Given the subtle nuances of Japanese culture, the "Omake" nickname screamed through loud and clear. She didn't stand a chance.

How are my little crackers doing today?