quote : #2
profile : pm
The UK boxart is the best. Very Happy
Posted:
Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:35 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I agree that the cover you have there for the PAL version is better, but on the game itself in the UK, its the same actual picture as the US version you have posted, or at least the versions I have seen are anyway, including mine, take a look at this:

http://perfectpsscreen.free.fr/dreamcast/starlancer.jpg

I have seen this on a number of PAL games actually...coveres hanging around the net seem to be different from the covers that were actually released with the games...perhaps they were pre-release cover designs or covers for other parts of europe..not sure

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
keiblerfan69
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:53 pm
quote : #4
ill go with the us version
Posted:
Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:57 pm
quote : #5
I think the picture on the UK box is better, But ive always liked the US boxart better. So ill say a combination of both. Mr. Green
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:13 pm
quote : #6
I'll toss my hat in the ring for the PAL artwork. I think the detail shown in the planetscape, and the lighting overall shows a lot more depth than the US artwork. However, I do like the black US Dreamcast theme art layout better than the other versions, including the white NTSC-U, PAL, and NTSC-J themes.

How are my little crackers doing today?
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:01 pm
quote : #7
well, I think that the PAL version is better on any case. I just think that the blue really pulls everything together. BTW is there any way at all I could get the blue swirl logo that goes on the console without buying a EU console? We could trade if anyone is interested. Neutral But yeah, I love the fat blue cases. Laughing
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Tank
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:02 pm
quote : #8
segadreamcaster wrote:
I agree that the cover you have there for the PAL version is better, but on the game itself in the UK, its the same actual picture as the US version you have posted, or at least the versions I have seen are anyway, including mine

Hmmm...

The picture I posted came from http://www.amazon.co.uk/ Wonder why it's different.

Okay where did this one come from:

Posted:
Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:39 pm
quote : #9
A lot of the covers floating around on the internet for the Dreamcast are altered covers by individual users. Which is why you will run into all these different covers.
Posted:
Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:23 am
quote : #10
yeah as sega dreamcaster and nikon said, the covers are no different in reality, the picture of the pal one at the top is awesome but it is not the style that was finally released. this is the cover that was released, as stated by the guys already. tis a shame, some of the fake ones are much better than the covers we actually got.

http://perfectpsscreen.free.fr/dreamcast/starlancer.jpg
Posted:
Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:32 am
quote : #11
How's it a shame?Just get some glossy paper, and some photo ink and then you can print out as many as you want!
unknown
Posted:
Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:13 am
quote : #12
yeah well there is that but its not as easy as that really. i had enough trouble trying to make the covers for prop arena, half life, beats of rage and other games, i cant be doing with trying to make more for a game i already had a cover for. whenever i resize an image to fit a cd case, even tho the measurements fit the bloody thing never comes out right. i could probably do with a more comprehensive graphics software than the bog standard windows ones i just can never find stuff like that.
Posted:
Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:00 am
quote : #13
The third cover,the one with the title in the lower right......

I made that one. Very Happy

Last edited by Tank on Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:39 am
quote : #14
not bad mate. i gathered it had been done by someone as all the graphics around the main picture looked like they had been lifted and played with. the crave symbol expecially. nice tho.
Posted:
Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:53 pm
quote : #15
*throws in two-cent....errm, um...games*

Last edited by Mertens on Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total