1, 2  Next
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:30 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was online with Quake the other day and I joined a server and mentioned how I wish more people would play this game online.
The person replied "Its because everybody on pc is playing a newer version of quake.If thats true man thats a bummer.And if its true would there be any way for us Dcers to download this newer version and play with all those people?

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:57 pm
quote : #2
There is no way to upgrade the DC version to the latest point release for the PC. The PC users can downgrade to play with DC users, but that is usually looked down upon since the PC has unfair advantages, namely framerate/resolution and broadband (if you have it).

-Mytho

Kudou-Yusaku
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:59 pm
quote : #3
I recently started getting into it again. My connection is bad, but I play.
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:02 pm
quote : #4
Man thats a bummer. Even if PC players have a unfair advantage I would still be nice to have more people to play with during the day it seems like you have a pretty low chance to find full/almost full full servers during the day.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:15 am
quote : #5
gRimGrAvY014 wrote:
Man thats a bummer. Even if PC players have a unfair advantage I would still be nice to have more people to play with during the day it seems like you have a pretty low chance to find full/almost full full servers during the day.

If you want to play Quake 3 Online, during the day, against PC players, with lots of people....then just go play the PC version of Q3.

Kudou-Yusaku wrote:
I recently started getting into it again. My connection is bad, but I play.

Word, thats the spirit! Sow that I have gotten cought up on my work you will see me online a bit more, and I will be scheduling a few games.
Posted:
Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:04 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U
PC players do have a unfair advantage. i dont understand it much though. My friend and I were playing I was on my DC with BBA. and he was on his PC with broadband. He owned me, we would both be shooting eackhother and its like I didnt even do damage. It is crazy. My two friends and I will be getting on alot again once one of em moves for college. He will have a new Broadband connectin there so hopefully his BBA will work right with quake 3 arena.

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:19 pm
quote : #7
Ummm yes pc players do have numerous advantages. But skill overcomes speed of your connection on quake3 arena in my opinion. If i was at top notch form and back in the flow of quake 3 like i use to be a couple of years ago i would beat the you kno what out of a pc player with broadband and me on dc and bba.
Posted:
Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:55 pm
quote : #8
I'm not gonna buy the pc version of quake 3 probably ever.I enjoy the dc version.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:20 pm
quote : #9
I bought QIIIA for the PC, but I'm not touching the DC servers except when I'm on my DC! I'm gonna have fun with the hundreds of PC mods though! When I get my new stable computer hopefully I will set up a server and all that jazz. BTW, I have occasionally seen servers where the listing of players says 2/6 or sometimes even 8! Is my DC displaying wrong or are the server's lying?
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:50 pm
quote : #10
pakkitman wrote:
I bought QIIIA for the PC, but I'm not touching the DC servers except when I'm on my DC! I'm gonna have fun with the hundreds of PC mods though! When I get my new stable computer hopefully I will set up a server and all that jazz. BTW, I have occasionally seen servers where the listing of players says 2/6 or sometimes even 8! Is my DC displaying wrong or are the server's lying?

Awsome, yea plus since John Carmack and id software are releasing the PC source code, its going to blow Quake 3 engine development and mods wide open Very Happy

Yes it is possible to see any 1.16n server build in the master list. However the DC can only join / play in a server that has 4 players in it, bots included. So if you are playing in a game with 4 / 6 players playing....then a 5th person joins, you will be dropped out of the game.
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:52 am
quote : #11
if i had quake i would play, but some of us are less deserving to something as great as quake.... anyone that has a copy that they dont have one of , or they wanna buy me one off ebay for a small price, i would be willing to pay you. i crave to play this game.!!
f355
segaswirl
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:02 am
quote : #12
Even though you don't have ebay, almost every gamestore that stocks Dreamcast has a copy of QIIIA, it was one of the most produced games through Dreamcast's lifespan. If you have any Gamecrazy's around, it's likely that they have a copy as well.
unknown
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:48 am
quote : #13
undergr3nades wrote:
or they wanna buy me one off ebay for a small price, i would be willing to pay you.

Why don't you just buy it off ebay yourself?

Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:29 pm
quote : #14
Or you can buy a new, sealed copy through amazon's outlet store.

undergr3nades
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:51 pm
quote : #15
i've said this before and i will say it again, i dont have a credit card, or anything to pay with online. i dont have an ebay account, and i wont get one. everyone understand? just making sure
f355
segaswirl