Page 1 of 2
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:44 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This looks awesome! Why does everyone else take such better care of their stuff than Americans. Being one myself, I I do take great care of my stuff, as I'm sure others do, but I've yet to receive an import missing the front / back cover / box , or anything else.

It arrived in pristine condition, actually brand new. The game's still sealed. I can't wait to see if I can do anything with it. If I can't at least I have another mic, and it's just really cool to look at. Very Happy

EDIT: Just noticed that it says "2-32 players." After playing a lot of DC games where the max amount players is between four and eight, hearing 32 is a little funny. Very Happy

- Dreamcast ™

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:39 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
Did you get the big box with it or just the game in a case with a mic?. One of Planet rings majour downfalls was that they gave the game away on the front of a magazine with no Mic Sad . Most of the players popped on went "ohh this is shit" and left never to return as they didnt get to experience one of the games at all and missed the best featurem, voice chat.

The reason you got this in mint conditon maybe because there were so many of theses gamea around, even the big box version was being sold off in shops for £2-£3 even back when dreamarena was still in its prime. There were so many free mag disks about that people jokingly called the game planet coaster. So I suppose its not surprising to find one in mint condition.

PLease do see what you can do with it although I doubt much but it was a very interesting game and much enjoyed here by me a little and by my Mrsa lot. She held rank 1 and the highest score ever for one of the games called dreamdorobo.

My 1000th post on OC, I was gonna hold out for something special or maybe make a new topic but I spose that not realy me. What better than to post in a topic on a online game where for me it realy all began. Chu chu was the first online game I ever connected to once only but Planet ring was the 2nd online game played in this house and the first to be played for multi hours ( Id hate to think how many ). Only Dreamkey 1 was out then so no isp options, phone bills were gigantic.

PLANET RING, in thanks I give you my 1000th post at onlineconsoles.

Its been fun everyone.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:44 pm
quote : #3
lol, I think I scored my 400th post with this thread, so this thread has been a good turing point for post counts today. Very Happy Congrats on the big 1000!

Yes, I did get the boxed version. That was one of the things in my criteria when searching for this. Much to my dismay, there isn't much of anything to do. The only thing it lets you do is go to the log on screen (which can't find the server), so the most I got to "play" was making the world spin around at the title screen. Laughing

At least I know it tries to reach master.ring.dream-key.com, but unfortunately, it isn't even a site anymore.

- Dreamcast ™

TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:45 pm
quote : #4
Could someone explaine to me what this game is exactly?
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:48 pm
quote : #5
It was basically a giant "planet" that you could walk around on. You could go to different places on the map and join in on some games with people. That's about all.

It also allowed for voice chat, I think. I think it said something about voice recognitiion. I have no idea what that was in reference to.

EDIT: Here's a picture of it since I can't seem to find any good ones on the internet.

- Dreamcast ™

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:19 pm
quote : #6
so did it have minigames or something?
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:51 am
quote : #7
Chile wrote:
so did it have minigames or something?

It had for games, splash, soar, dreamdorobo, and ballbobble. Dreamdorobo required you to have the Mic to play and splash had mic as an optional element. The other 2 games were non mic.

This game has been discussed in detail quite a few times on this forum and if you do a search you should find a large topic with lots of screen pics game descriptions etc on it. I thought this was a very good game/s

Ohh BTW dreamcast if you just leave the planet standing there on the title screen eventualy fireworks will apear.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:13 am
quote : #8
CONGRATULATIONS AND CELEBRATIONS I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW.......ok I'll leave it there for obvious reasons..lol...Congrats on your 1000 post m8.

Planet ring..always has interested me that one...also a game which has had little to no research done on it at all...might be worth looking into..would love to play it

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:30 pm
quote : #9
Cheers m8.

Yeh PR has had little research but I think that goes for most Sega europe games doesnt it. We dont even know what they were made with do we i.e its not snap.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:23 pm
quote : #10
hi i know this topic was started like over a year and a half ago but i just wanted to say that i have planet ring and i got it when it first came out on the official dreamcast magazine

I played it alot online and i can safely say its 1 of the most fun games ive played on dreamcast, even though i didn't have the mic so i couldnt play 1 of the 4 games but the other 3 made up for it Very Happy

if any1 could find out how to get it back online i would do all i could to help Mr. Green

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:09 pm
quote : #11
Well this post is actualy 2 months old only Smile Very little reseach has been done on Sega europe online games so the chances of this game comming back online are unknown. We would need to aquire server software and information in order to host the server and this seems to be with all companys incredibly hard to get hold of. I would rate Planet rings chances of comming back online at the present time as slim.

So you were an early Planet ring player, do you remember Vickster ( or something like that ) thats my Mrs anyway. Tell me some names of the people you played with I'll see if any ring any bells.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:27 pm
quote : #12
doesnt sound good then but theres always hope Smile

sorry friend i cant remember any folks names that i used to play with cant even remember my username Laughing but i was on for more than a year so i must of played ur missis had ALOT of fun espiecially on ball bubble thought that was the best out the 3 i played Razz

if you hear of anyway i could help please let me know

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:21 am
quote : #13
Well I can remember some of the more unusual players

Beer
Beermaster
Ratpack
1of3

I Will see if my Mrs remembers any more names tonight.

If you search this forum (You can use the search facilities) there are some realy great topics on Planet ring one of the large ones has some great screen shots on it with pics of all the games.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:32 am
quote : #14
yeah i seen it thats the 1 that was posted a year and a half ago Razz

when u get more names tell

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:18 pm
quote : #15
The only other name my Mrs could add was "Mrdarren", there were some others but we coudlent remember them exactly.

Laters