Topic: help?

Page 1 of 1
chels99
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:38 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
hey im new here dont know much about this site but wouldnt mind playing starlancer! how do u play? and where is it?

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:41 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, you have to have a copy of the game. If you have that, then you need to also have a dial-up account since Star Lancer only supports dial-up.

If you have the right parts, you can build a PC / DC server to connect with.

Once you have your DC online, refer to the game schedule page and go from there.

Today's game is scheduled like this:

1pm GMT-7 (Lost Angeles, Pacific)
2pm GMT-6 (Denver)
3pm GMT-5 (Dallas)
4pm GMT-4 (New York City, Eastern)

05:00 PM GMT -3 ----

06:00 PM GMT -2 ----

07:00 PM GMT -1 ----

08:00 PM GMT 0 ----

09:00 PM GMT +1(UK)

10:00 PM GMT +2 (DE)

I hope this helps.

- Dreamcast ™

chels99
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:30 am
quote : #3
cheers that is really helpful but where would i get a cd from?

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:40 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
eBay is your best bet. You'll find the most competitive prices on there. EBgames.com might have it. I haven't seen it on there in quite a while, though.

- Dreamcast ™

Tank
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:07 pm
quote : #5
chels99 wrote:
how do u play?

Check out the FAQ on this page:

http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/sim/starlancer/index.html

Before you play online you have to set your Dreamcast internet settings using a Planetweb browser. Just surf the internet one time using the Planetweb browser and you should be set to play Starlancer.

It's a good idea to play Starlancer off-line a few times before you play on-line.
Posted:
Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:11 am
quote : #6
Type: Pal
Hi everyone

Let me introduce someone to you all ..... this is Chels99 my egg loving sister in law who lives in Scotland, thank god (Only joking). Fallout and maybe one or two others may remember Chels from her time on PBA whilst on holiday at my house last summer. Segadreamcaster also knows Chels from PBA last summer and from Maximum pool this summer, hopefully she wont be comming next summer (Only joking).

Anyway Chels my dear first you will need the following items to play Dreamcast games online.

1: A Dreamcast Smile
2: A copy of the game you wish to play
3: A copy of the dreamkey 3 browser or a game that lets you input ISP details
4: Access to a ISP ( internet service provider )
5: A boot disk to play games that were not released in the UK, Maximum pool is one of these.
6: A step parent that will allow you to wire your DC to a phone line. I think you got 0 to 0.01 chance with Phil.
7: Money, try stopping smoking Smile

I dont think Starlancer would be your kind of game, for you I would suggest to start with Maximum pool and 4x4 Evo. Then after you played those I would suggest maybe Quake 3 and PSO ( Phantasdy star online )

Dont forget Maximum pool and 4x4 evo are also availible on PC to play against DC users. So Is Quake 3 but its a little more complicated.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:09 am
quote : #7
You don't need a boot disc. There is a PAL version of Starlancer. You can get it at www.amazon.co.uk/
Posted:
Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:27 pm
quote : #8
Tank wrote:
You don't need a boot disc. There is a PAL version of Starlancer. You can get it at www.amazon.co.uk/

Read no.5 again Smile

Laters
Posted:
Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:00 pm
quote : #9
Blast wrote:
Tank wrote:

Read no.5 again Smile

Laters

Here's #5:

Blast wrote:
5: A boot disk to play games that were not released in the UK, Maximum pool is one of these.

She's asking about Starlancer,not Maximum Pool.
Posted:
Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:41 am
quote : #10
Read the sentance above the list

Quote: Anyway Chels my dear first you will need the following items to play Dreamcast games online.

Note DREAMCAST GAMES, not Starlancer.

Laters