Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:58 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I got it at a local store in Arlington while I'm visiting Dallas. It even has the papers that came with it, the dreamcasll and other promotional papers. The disc is perfect, as well as the manual. Only a scratch on the case. I will post it when I get back. Oh yeah, the store is Apex Games. It has a whole bunch of specialty titles, as well as reparing systems and renting games.
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:16 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Awsome Smile You can replace the case and it will be good as brand new. I am still looking to get a new copy of Blue Stinger, as well as Carrier. The lead designer of these games passed away. I plan to play through these games from beginning to end.
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:40 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
The lead designer of these games passed away.

Yeah, I had heard about that. It's a real shame. Blue Stinger's really good. I like how you can play as multiple characters. I was fortunate enough to get a near mint JP copy of Blue Stinger in a bundled lot I received, and when compared to the N. American release, I think the cover art is much better, IMO. Haven't had a chance to really play Carrier. From the screens, it looks like a lot of fun.

Cover Art - N. America
Cover Art - Japan (Reminds me of Mega Man. Very Happy)

- Dreamcast ™

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:51 pm
quote : #4
god dayjavu (SP?) !! i remember someone making a very similar comment about a dead game designer/programmer who had made a few dc games, wierd coincidence. anyway, nikon i thought you would've played blue stinger by now, still you are busy i guess. it was the joint first title i ever got for dc on release back in sept 99, i love every minute of blue stinger. the weapons are brilliant.
Posted:
Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:02 pm
quote : #5
Yeah blue stinger is pretty good game actually, not exactly a shining example of whats available on the DC, but good none the less with an interesting plot...only finished it about 3 or 4 weeks ago as a matter of fact Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:51 pm
quote : #6
well i couldnt do it for the life of me when i first got it, i had to buy the official guide to work out i had to push a block to a wall and get a key. was before i had even found a weapon!! i agree tho, it doesnt exactly showcase the dc's power but its got a great story and action and i love the super market!! its only flaw i think is the monotonous music and the voice acting, which can be a bit pap ala resident evil every now and again.
Posted:
Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:30 am
quote : #7
.. if only the controls would be a little bit faster, both games are very slow controled (and I hate these long long feet walks in carrier)
Posted:
Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:32 am
quote : #8
Blue Stinger is great! I'm actually playing through it right now, and it's really a lot of fun. The soundtrack is so...epic. It bleeds high production values. Shame about the voice acting, though. I do know that the US version fixed a lot of the camera problems that plagued the Japanese version, even if the box art is oh so much cooler.

lordnikon wrote:
I am still looking to get a new copy of Blue Stinger, as well as Carrier. The lead designer of these games passed away.

Actually Shinya Nishigaki and his company Climax Graphics had anything to do with Carrier. He did work on Blue Stinger and Illbleed though, which is another one I've been looking to pick up. He seemed like a great guy, too: he was in full support of an Illbleed fan game, which is more than you can say about most developers. Both of the games were planned for rerelease on the Xbox; I'm not sure if that's still going to happen, though.

Last edited by Tao on Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted:
Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:34 am
quote : #9
Tao wrote:
Both of the games were planned for rerelease on the Xbox; I'm not sure if that's still going to happen, though.

Yea, those got canned a while ago.
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:49 am
quote : #10
Tao wrote:
Actually I don't think Shinya Nishigaki and his company Climax Entertainment had anything to do with Carrier. He did work on Blue Stinger and Illbleed though, which is another one I've been looking to pick up. He seemed like a great guy, too: he was in full support of an Illbleed fan game, which is more than you can say about most developers. Both of the games were planned for rerelease on the Xbox; I'm not sure if that's still going to happen, though.

d0h! you are correct sir. I screwed up LOL. It's ILLBLEED. I don't know why i always lump carrier in with blue stinger and ill bleed lol. I get them confused.
Posted:
Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:27 pm
quote : #11
ultrapro wrote:
god dayjavu (SP?) !!

Déjà vu. *french laughter*

Well, it looks like I'm going to pick up a copy of this game because I usually pick up games you guys talk about. Because I'm independant like that.
Posted:
Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:23 pm
quote : #12
God DAMN I hope I can find an OST somewhere. I love this music so much. :]

MK wrote:
Well, it looks like I'm going to pick up a copy of this game because I usually pick up games you guys talk about. Because I'm independant like that.

Well, we are pretty much right all the time.