Page 1 of 2
Unerd_01
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:54 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Any of you guys no much on this title? It looks pretty sweet but i cant find a review anywhere? Although this must now be offline is there an offline multiplayer mode? Wa sit any good online?

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:05 am
quote : #2
you mean the title gundam battle online? its not bad i spose, there are offline game modes and stuff. depends how you feel about stratergy games. you direct your forces over a map that has a fog of war over it, when you get into a fight it moves to a better view, you see your robots attacking other robots and stuff. but you dont control them specifically, you just give them commands. i found it fairly boring. gundam side story 0079 is a better title.
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:32 am
quote : #3
ultrapro wrote:
gundam side story 0079 is a better title.

And even though its considered rare, in the recent spike of demand for titles like Power Stone 2 and such, this titles asking price has been lowered considerably, I've seen it sell for 15 bucks recently!
unknown
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:26 am
quote : #4
i got it from america for about $10. its quite a cool game. battle online aint bad its just very restrictive.
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:05 pm
quote : #5
ultrapro wrote:
i got it from america for about $10. its quite a cool game. battle online aint bad its just very restrictive.
Hold on, you've played it online?
unknown
Posted:
Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:21 am
quote : #6
sorry no i was just abreviating the title, i just meant that gundam battle online was a bit restrictive, you cant play as the mobile suits you can only tell thenm where to go.
Posted:
Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:08 pm
quote : #7
ultrapro wrote:
sorry no i was just abreviating the title, i just meant that gundam battle online was a bit restrictive, you cant play as the mobile suits you can only tell thenm where to go.
ok then. I was going to say how as it is now lonline. just chekcin.
rank 33
Posted:
Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:02 pm
quote : #8
Anyone know where to get instructions for this game in English? I've been hesitant on getting this one without instructions. I heard it was pretty difficult to understand.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:01 pm
quote : #9
if someone does find the english instructions, please let me know. I've had the game for a while and tried playing it, and was really furstrated.

Online, as I understand, was just a turn based strategy game. Everyone says it sucks, but I am Gundam Fan Boy, so I don't really care. I would love to be bored playing this onine if I could!

So, if anyone can get translations of how to play, please post here and let us know.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:04 pm
quote : #10
Mr. Spank!
How the hell are you?

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/gundam_battle_online.txt

Isn't complete but it should help...
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:35 pm
quote : #11
Thanks for the link, would have been super if it worked...site blocks outside linkage Sad

I've been alright, checking back in here once in a while. Got a new job, don't have as much free time during the day as I use to have, now I actually do work. Besides, there is rarely anything really new or catchy on here, its very repetative. My DC is actually at my GF's house, so I've been rocking the Xbox and Saturn lately.

Good ol' Xbox, the Sega system that never was... Confused

So does this FAQ go into detail explaining what each tab/menu option does in the game? Or is it just strategies?

P.S:
If anyone would like to bump my old posts about Twin Sticks or Sega Saturn Netlink, it would be appreciated. I have 2 sets of SS twin sticks, and 2 Virtual On Netlink Editions. For a price I can really help someone out, if they already have a Netlink. Or maybe I can buy a netlink off of someone who is willing to part with it...

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:31 pm
quote : #12
Highlight the text and then manually paste it into the address bar. It'll work then. Enjoy. Wink
rank 12
Posted:
Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:13 am
quote : #13
that worked, thanks. I like that "Online for few, offline for most, Either way, not a great game to be play for long"

Once I get my DC back to my house, I'll be sure to play this game first. Really wish there was a way to play DC online games like you CAN with Sega Netlink games, just dail from one console to the other and play. At least there are alot more DC owners still around me than SS and SS Netlink owners.

By the way, I bought Gundam Battle Online in a store here in NYC for $10, and they had many copies that day of it. Its definately not rare.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:16 am
quote : #14
Well, NYC does have some rare games stores, and if Multimedia 1.0 was the one you went to, then it'd make sense. They had a few games I haven't seen since, as well as the Chinatown store.
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:52 pm
quote : #15
I think it was you who mentioned that before. I don't get to go to China Town as much as I used to, but I might be around there this Tuesday, could you remind me of its address?

But keeping in relation to the actual post, was there anyone who had a pleasant experience playing this game?