Page 1 of 1
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
i have just got F355 and i know it sounds stupid but, what actually hapens in an online game of f355 i know you dont all race each other at the same t5ime like 4x4 or sumthin. i just read about it mixing replays or something? i dont know anyway could someone explain? thanks a lot,lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
jools
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:14 pm
quote : #2
hi m8, good game on Starlancer earlier.

There's a regular F355 meet every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00pm GMT. Races every 20 mins. Choose the tracks in order starting with Motegi.
Once there's 2+ players connected the game auto-starts after 20 seconds. So you must have the exact time so you meet the other players. In the UK we take the time off channel 4 teletext.
There's also a regular rookie meet in the scheduler.

It's best to connect a minute early, choose your track and wait to select your gears right on the meeting time (ie. every 20 mins). It's when you choose the gears that you join the other racers.

First you do a qualifying lap to set your grid slot. The top 8 qualify for the final race - tho i've not seen a full grid since last year. (There's usually 5 ppl Tu+Th).
Then you do a 2-4 lap run on your own. After that everyone's run is shown together as a race. I've played real time (1 sec lag) racers on DC like Monaco GP2 and 4x4 but i don't miss the real time racing. It really adds something to F355 that you get to race then spectate. It keeps the game fresh.
The online replays are beautiful.

Cya on the track soon i hope.

Lonewolf10 does race reports at f355.cjb.net

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:42 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
thanks for explaining and i hope to see you soon at one of the races, the game should arrive tomorrow so i'll see you at the tues race probably and at the next starlancer. thanks lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:05 am
quote : #4
jools wrote:

There's a regular F355 meet every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00pm GMT. Races every 20 mins. Choose the tracks in order starting with Motegi.
Once there's 2+ players connected the game auto-starts after 20 seconds. So you must have the exact time so you meet the other players. In the UK we take the time off channel 4 teletext.

It's best to connect a minute early, choose your track and wait to select your gears right on the meeting time (ie. every 20 mins). It's when you choose the gears that you join the other racers.

First you do a qualifying lap to set your grid slot. The top 8 qualify for the final race - tho i've not seen a full grid since last year. (There's usually 5 ppl Tu+Th).
Then you do a 2-4 lap run on your own. After that everyone's run is shown together as a race. I've played real time (1 sec lag) racers on DC like Monaco GP2 and 4x4 but i don't miss the real time racing. It really adds something to F355 that you get to race then spectate. It keeps the game fresh.

where is the option for online play in monaco GP2? I have the PAL ver and I can't find it anywhere (not that it matters anyway as online playability is not possible anymore, but i'd still like to know).

by the way there's a NEW schedule on Friday night at 11pm (gmt+1) uk time.

Jaime
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:30 pm
quote : #5
jools wrote:

The Thursday meets are still going on?! I thought that died out with the GameFaqs 355 board. Anyone from the GFs board on here? This is Emperor of the Streets. Does "Just at JMC" still run, Manteca?

josemci
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:41 pm
quote : #6
Hi. I had time ago Monaco GP2 PAL...without online functions. Later, I knew the existence of an Online version of the same game. Then, I imported it from Germany and gave it a chance. It was fun, very fun, but...three or four weenks later, the servers gone down. Anyone has triyed anything with this GREAT online game???

maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:50 pm
quote : #7
so you are saying that originaly MGP2 was designed without online fuctions, but later on they created an online PAL version of it?
what was it like? how many cars on track? could you race in all the tracks? was there a lobby?

sorry for going off topic here!

Jaime
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:36 pm
quote : #8
I'll see if anyone's out this Thurs for some racing. I'll be joing late, though, I think.