Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Christuserloeser
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
In association with NESdev.com DCEvolution proudly presents you another great release of our DreamEmulation Project series: This time it's our ultimate tribute to NINTENDO's classic 8-bit system and the incredible scene that takes care of keeping our childhood memories alive.

The image has been in development for a very long time and got support from many people of the Dreamcast and the NES scenes. And it shows: After downloading and unpacking you get an image filled with 370 MByte NES goodies bringing back those nostalgic feelings.

There's really no disc space wasted, certainly not with what it's filled with:
- High quality image menu system (artwork by Mikey242)
- Background info on the NES, its homebrew scene and more
- 32 original classic NES TV commercials
- 57 MP3 tracks, including five complete records
- 180 free NES games and demos, lots of them previously unreleased!
- 230 NES Music ROMs featuring original compositions & remixes
- FSL Menu Theme Selector and six different NesterDC themes to choose
- 110% compatible for browsing the image on your PC too!

But this release is not only a tribute to the NES, it's also our definite tribute to NesterDC: With this release we say 'Good Bye' to Takayama Fumihiko's greatly improved port of Nester, that served our needs for exactly three years now, and 'Hello' to NesterDC SE, the forthcoming update of everyone's favorite NES emulator by Scherzo.

Wait no longer and rush to this page, with more info, screenshots and the download of 324MB (found at the right menu).

Like this one? Then also try our previous DreamEmulation Project releases:
DEP: Gameboy/Color
DEP: Master System
Posted:
Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
quote : #2
AWESOME! I remember seeing quite possibly the gayest legend of zelda commercial for the nes. It talked about having the parents hook it up for you so you can have fun! Laughing
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:09 pm
quote : #3
No, it was a Legend of Zelda RAP YO.

It's the Legend of Zelda it's purty rad!
Posted:
Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:57 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
*keeps thingers crossedfor a PSX emultor that runs better than bleem* gud release.
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:35 pm
quote : #5
mcmonkey wrote:
*keeps thingers crossedfor a PSX emultor that runs better than bleem* gud release.

unlikely anytime soon. those bleem guys were top notch programmers. I want a saturn or n64 emu really bad, but snes and nes emu's will hold me off for quite a while thank you.
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:39 pm
quote : #6
Christuserloeser wrote:
In association with NESdev.com DCEvolution proudly presents you another great release of our DreamEmulation Project series: This time it's our ultimate tribute to NINTENDO's classic 8-bit system and the incredible scene that takes care of keeping our childhood memories alive.

The image has been in development for a very long time and got support from many people of the Dreamcast and the NES scenes. And it shows: After downloading and unpacking you get an image filled with 370 MByte NES goodies bringing back those nostalgic feelings.

There's really no disc space wasted, certainly not with what it's filled with:
- High quality image menu system (artwork by Mikey242)
- Background info on the NES, its homebrew scene and more
- 32 original classic NES TV commercials
- 57 MP3 tracks, including five complete records
- 180 free NES games and demos, lots of them previously unreleased!
- 230 NES Music ROMs featuring original compositions & remixes
- FSL Menu Theme Selector and six different NesterDC themes to choose
- 110% compatible for browsing the image on your PC too!

But this release is not only a tribute to the NES, it's also our definite tribute to NesterDC: With this release we say 'Good Bye' to Takayama Fumihiko's greatly improved port of Nester, that served our needs for exactly three years now, and 'Hello' to NesterDC SE, the forthcoming update of everyone's favorite NES emulator by Scherzo.

Wait no longer and rush to this page, with more info, screenshots and the download of 324MB (found at the right menu).

Like this one? Then also try our previous DreamEmulation Project releases:
DEP: Gameboy/Color
DEP: Master System

So are these legal? /just wondering.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:21 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
if you own the consoles/games they are i beleive.
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:33 am
quote : #8
The FREE NES roms that come with it are all mods, hacks, awful ports, and mod-hacks and a few homebrews.

And silly impulsive me... I thought this WAS the SE. So I snagged it and burned it and was confused when my lightgun wasn't working. Oh well... I'm glad the 6.0 Nester they used finally let me play Bionic Commando and Battletoads.
Posted:
Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:40 pm
quote : #9
MK wrote:
The FREE NES roms that come with it are all mods, hacks, awful ports, and mod-hacks and a few homebrews.

Nope those are not "mods, hacks, awful ports, and mod-hacks and a few homebrews" Exclamation

A few pirate games like Somari & Super Mario World, a few rare prototypes (California Raisins, Hero Quest) and the majority is homebrew: Sack of Flour, Dikki Painguin in TKO for the 3rd Reich, Grave Digger, BoxBoy and many many more, a lot even previously unreleased.

Posted Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:20 am:

@Everyone that had problems with downloading from our server: We removed our Anti-Leeching script! That means downloading from DCEvo should be a lot less complicated now Wink