1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:49 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
It's about time we had some good news around here don't you think? It seems as if hardwork from the onlineconsoles community just keeps paying off. A thing this site and all of onlineconsoles is constantly striving for. And that thing is a streamlined gaming environment, where it's EASY to hook up with fellow gamer's so we can sit back, relax, and have some fun.

With Quake 3 Arena, Sega took down the SegaNet hosted servers a few months ago back around the June 19th deadline. Many quake gamers in north america were left with a small amount of fledgling servers. Run by clan members and independent's, these 10 or so servers are all that currently show up US Quake 3 gamers. However across the atlantic, European gamer's using the PAL version of Quake 3 get a MASSIVE server list with reportedly over a hundred servers. This seperation has kind of made it difficult for the onlineconsoles community to take full advantage of Quake 3 Arena.

Servers coming up for US gamer's were constantly jam packed during normal gaming times. This make's it increasingly difficult to set up meeting times, and events, let alone tournaments. However those with the PAL version have a massive list of servers, many of witch are wide open for gameplay. However it still made it all difficult because many US gamer's still couldn't see an active list of all these EUR servers.

Recently the other day I started a thread for listing as many Quake 3 IP's as were available. WormytheWorm stepped up and submitted over 60 game servers!!!!!! All dreamcast compatible and fully operational! I was already in the middle of hunting down some sort of IP ping tool to see if i could see all of the quake 3 servers that were out in the void of the net.

This is when I stumbled upon GameSpy 3D, a server query application tool I had never installed before. I had heard of the name, but never knew it was another peice of software, nor exactly what it did.

With GameSpy 3D you can check dreamcast quake 3 game status's direct from your PC! Want to see who is currently gaming? Want to see how many players are gaming without having to boot up your dreamcast? You will be able to see things like, server ping, gamers playing, there frag counts, server information, current map, and more!

For a complete tutorial on using GameSpy 3D and our now already massive Dreamcast Server listing, please refer to the following page:
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=551

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:02 am
quote : #2
How do I enter an Ip into my game? where do I go to do it? I have tried before but cant find where to go.....
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:10 am
quote : #3
RobJohnson wrote:
How do I enter an Ip into my game? where do I go to do it? I have tried before but cant find where to go.....

First wait till the server list scans in Quake 3, then press the A button on any server in the list. After you have done this the focus of interest should go down to the bottom and "Fight" should be illuminated. Hit "right" on the d-pad to go to "more". And press the A button. A new screen will come up showing specific information about the game you clicked to. Now in the region of this page where it shows the IP and Port. Type in the new IP and port of the game you wish to join, then go down to the lower right where it says "INFO". The game will now query information for the server you put in the ip:port field. Now you should be able to press on Fight and play in that server.

I hope this helps.
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:13 pm
quote : #4
thx you someone listens to me when I said there was servers on the PAL one
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:23 pm
quote : #5
Props to the UK maistaa and nikon Very Happy
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:54 pm
quote : #6
UK maistaa whos that?
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:53 pm
quote : #7
ur da Uk Maista, like Stif Miester, evilnine munkey ass dutn know hwota spell(look huz talkin)
banned!
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:07 pm
quote : #8
HAHAHHAAH you didn't know what Game Spy was lol .... omg that is really funny

[UKR]DreamcastUK
unknown
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:26 pm
quote : #9
i know what gamespy is ...... well i can laugh I have the MEGA PC look at your post for the Rare sega system but there is two on ebay and I have one so thats three oohhh rare lol
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:51 pm
quote : #10
DreamcastMagic wrote:
HAHAHHAAH you didn't know what Game Spy was lol .... omg that is really funny

If your talking about me. Please re-read my post above. It states I didn't know what "GAMESPY 3D" was. This individual piece of software. I know what gamespy is i am not a moron hehe. I had seen the gamespy3D website before, but never knew it was for a piece of software or what that software did.
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:58 pm
quote : #11
Gamespy 3D yea i saw that too havn't given it much thought till now.....
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:30 pm
quote : #12
[UKR]DreamcastUK wrote:
Gamespy 3D yea i saw that too havn't given it much thought till now.....

It rules! I have gamespy 3d open on my computer with the custom list of dreamcast q3 servers i added. I can see ALL of the quake 3 servers, who is playing, what map is in rotation, their current frags. It's so convenient! So soon as I get my quake 3 more conveniently set up for my cast, and I am back on q3 more, I can just look at the gamespy3d server listing and see when you guys are playing, from my PC Very Happy SO KOOL Smile
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:19 pm
quote : #13
Congrats Nikon and Wormy! Its this type of work that keeps the DC-online scene alive! I'm still debating whether to get this game or not.. because if I do I will have to hunt down a mouse as well. Anyway, good job!!

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:22 pm
quote : #14
On ebay I found a new mouse, and Q3 each for only $5, don't settle for used so many new are listed there ... good luck finding one is a store online its almost impossible

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:27 pm
quote : #15
Dang... its also hard to find in EBs. I found my new keyboard for like 5 bucks.