Page 1 of 2
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
hey, awhile back, I saw on the net a pic of a dreamcast menu screen. It was different though, it had like a splash image and was more 3d-esque looking.

Does anyone know about this or how to do it? Now I'm on a VGA Box and think it would look pretty sweet.
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:59 pm
quote : #2
Yes, Sonic Team implimented an extra feature when they released Puyo Puyo Fever. It lets you change the start menu screen and add a background wallpaper. Total fan service by sonic team for Dreamcast fans.

I kinda gotta run right now, so best I can say is check google or I would post a link.

Someone else might have the link on hand.
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:26 am
quote : #3
I have a pre-made PSO one, it's 66 blocks on my VMU.

If my memory serves me well, I got it from Blue Swirl. There is a place somewhere that has the tools to make your own custom backgrounds, though, but I don't know where. I'd also like to know.

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:16 pm
quote : #4
blue swirl does not seem to be working right now, as all i can view is googles cache of it.
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:39 pm
quote : #5
MUST. HAVE.
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:02 pm
quote : #6
true a must have I should look THAT up ! Laughing

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:36 pm
quote : #7
I found it!

http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/

go to VMU, Saves, Puyo Puyo Fever, there are descriptions so you know what each save is.

here is the origional page i saw the pic on:
http://member.telpacific.com.au/trat2422/dc.html

the first one of the bv (i think) files is the better of the two backgrounds, but I am still looking for a more 3d menu look. can anybody help me out here?
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:24 pm
quote : #8
You have to go to blueswirl.shorturl.com to be able to visit the site with your dreamcast, I believe. I've tried the make-it-yourself but I can't get it to work. The PSO one was 'whoa I got it to work' awesome, but now I want something that makes the dc look less gloomy.
Posted:
Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:04 pm
quote : #9
where did you get the pso one? I didn't see it, but I'll look again Neutral
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:34 pm
quote : #10
Pictures of the DC menu being extra 3D.

This is not just a bios background texture swap. Everything's 3D. With that silly penguin in the background. I'm ultra confused seeing as how I have no idea how to navigate that website. But I found pretty pictures.
Posted:
Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:31 am
quote : #11
Type: PAL
MK wrote:
Pictures of the DC menu being extra 3D.

This is not just a bios background texture swap. Everything's 3D. With that silly penguin in the background. I'm ultra confused seeing as how I have no idea how to navigate that website. But I found pretty pictures.

wow i wonder how they did that, looks pritty damn good.
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:31 am
quote : #12
man that looks awesome but still I think I wpould rather have my old waves that appear when on the title screen .
But still its amazing that someone could do that , so yeah looks great .Smile

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:40 am
quote : #13
My head is about to explode. For DAYS I've been trying to make my own texture. The closest I ever got was I got the image to load, but all the colours were warped.
Posted:
Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:11 pm
quote : #14
hmm...thanks for the info guys, i still wish i could make mine 3d...i did find a cool background from excaliber, his xdp logo, i really like it, guess i am just supporting him. Mr. Green

i feel bad using pw 3.0 Neutral
midnite_star
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:31 am
quote : #15
the reason he(she) was able to do that is because he reprogammed the DC with LINUX ( not ENTIRELY). actually you can do the same thing to any console.