Topic: Shenmue online

Page 1 of 2
josemci
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Anyone has copyied or got in his hard drive the official web of shenmue prior to being offline? I'm referring to the web that the game pointed to, with the rankings, goodies, etc. I couldn't see it before the close of the servers, so I'd like to see how it was, if possible. Excuse my bad english.

José Manuel

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:53 pm
quote : #2
well im not sure about other regions but with the pal version all the online content can still be viewed and accessed it simply doesnt do anything anymore. the rankings dont work and stuff but some of the save file bits still work. i dont have it on my computer but i could take some screen shots sometime.
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:11 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
ulrapro whats the url for that shenmue homepage?
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:39 pm
quote : #4
I think he's refering to the Shenmue passport disk.
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:09 pm
quote : #5
indeed i am, or maybe you meant the guy who opened the thread, whatever. i was referring to the online features on the passport disk. i am not sure what urls there are but i could have a look sometime this weekend. out tomorrow night to celebrate my return to employment after a weighty 2 months!! so i shall have a look if you like on the weekend. i am as i said out this friday but once i stop going out fridays i will be looking to participate in most or all of the friday games listed as they are all reasonable times in my zone. but i digress, anyway. so yeah i can have a look for stuff with my shenmue discs if you guys want. just specify what area/section you want me to look at and i'll check back on this thread either saturday or sunday.

pro
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:57 pm
quote : #6
I just want the URLs to the website hehe. So I can look at it myself Smile I've never seen that shenmue site before, so I'd want to scope it out.
Posted:
Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:28 am
quote : #7
The shenmue passport disk is not a link to a site like you have on a lot of games. You have a menu that is stored on the disk and you can select different options and when you do it connects to the server. It's pretty much useless now as it connects to the server for almost every thing and it just comes up with a polite error message. The only things that it is really possible to do is the charecter profiles and shenmue goodies. Character profiles half of the information is blocked out due to server being down, but you can still see things like age and blood type for all the characters in the world of Shenmue! Very Happy All the Shenmue goodies are stored on the disk(I think) but they do work. Smile The only link in there is a link to Shenmue.com.
Posted:
Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:09 am
quote : #8
yeah i was going to say that that is what i thought he meant. sorry i dont know of a website, i didnt know it was stored on the disc. but it does connect to the net fine it just doesnt allow you to view some of the bits that require access to this web address i dont know. Mr. Green anyways......
Posted:
Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:55 am
quote : #9
Update: Sorry if anyone got excited but Senmue goodies does not work I REPEAT SHENMUE GOODIES DOES NOT WORK.

bugger
Posted:
Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:37 pm
quote : #10
I tried this last night too ...Not much worked.

djknitex
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:22 pm
quote : #11
hmm, what is the website to this shenmue online?
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:08 pm
quote : #12
I haven't been able to find Shenmue anywhere used. Just for $20 at amazon. I've heard it's a great game.

isafos
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:53 am
quote : #13
Type: PAL
Hey, ultrapro, could you take some screencaps for us? i'd like to see this stuff.

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:07 pm
quote : #14
lordnikon wrote:
I just want the URLs to the website hehe. So I can look at it myself Smile I've never seen that shenmue site before, so I'd want to scope it out.
A little late, but the website is http://shenmue.com all it says right now is "TEST 2" in a corner... When you are on the passport disc it will say Shenmue Homepage, though you can't do anything on it.
Posted:
Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:42 pm
quote : #15
Any new at this moment for shenmue's online functionality, screenshots, rankings?