Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
Zyzigy(ICE)
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
just wondering what the maps are that the servers run on cause i should be online within the week and i was wanting some practise on the maps id be playin on Razz

if the maps change each round thats cool but 1 of my favs is evil playground cant beet that map on tournament mode Mr. Green

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:08 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'm not sure but I think that it cycles between everymap in the game I'm not sure but thats what I always thought.

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:46 pm
quote : #3
im pretty sure it cycles too, at least that is what it seems to me
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:15 am
quote : #4
Type: Pal
It does cycle but it doesnt do all the maps from memory. If you use the forum search facility you can find a previous post about this matter where all was revealed.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:47 am
quote : #5
The servers do have all the maps. They just don't have the SS maps which are the offline only maps. When using these they will kick you back to the lobby after you play in them. So I tend to leave them out of the rotation.

All of the standard maps are there for DM and TDM. All of the DM servers have the same rotation. However I might shake things up a bit and turn one server into a jump pads oriented map rotation.

The CTF maps available are 4 of the maps.

Basically every map from the DC map pack is in rotation and running.

Evil Playground is definatly in the map rotation. Grubensau is always trying to fend off my Rail shots in that level. But lately he has been using the corridors and rockets to his advatage pinning me down.
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:34 am
quote : #6
cool cool Razz il get practisin right away

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:10 am
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
Grubensau is always trying to fend off my Rail shots in that level. But lately he has been using the corridors and rockets to his advatage pinning me down.

Nikon and rail is a deadly mix Razz
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:41 pm
quote : #8
just wanted to ask 1 more thing

i play better with a mouse and keyboard and i have both but i usually play with pad cause xbox is pad only Sad

what do you the experts think Razz use mouse n keyboard or pad

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:56 pm
quote : #9
i myself love the mouse and keyboard WAY better than the pad, but even so, when I am up against someone really good, I get blown away Laughing
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:42 pm
quote : #10
Zyzigy(ICE) wrote:
just wanted to ask 1 more thing

i play better with a mouse and keyboard and i have both but i usually play with pad cause xbox is pad only Sad

what do you the experts think Razz use mouse n keyboard or pad

It all comes down to personal preference. Honestly, it is harder to use the DC pad. If you get good, then you got true skills if you can compete with the Pad.

Quake 3 Arena is an extremly fast paced FPS. While other consoles cry about users using a mouse and keyboard, it has always been a feature of the Dreamcast. So if you use a Mouse and KB or a Controller is all up to you. Using a Mouse is much more precise and fast. However for lounging back on the couch, using a controller is pretty nice, but your definatly going to take a drop in kill count.

Most users on Quake arn't concerend about score and its all about playing a good game. So feel free to use the controller if you want, even if you score low. It is all about having fun, and most all of the gamers here respect this ideal.
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:29 am
quote : #11
cool think il try bove n see what works best for me Razz

IMP@QT
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:58 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:
The servers do have all the maps. They just don't have the SS maps which are the offline only maps. When using these they will kick you back to the lobby after you play in them. So I tend to leave them out of the rotation.
When i played Q3 in the past on my DC, i played with group called Atomic on a frequent basis. We played on those maps fine, without any problems that you described. Maybe your servers dont like you Razz LOL J/K. Ill try and research this myself, cause i like the SS maps and would like to see them in the rotation on your servers. Also, i think it would be the bomb if you made a jump-pad rotation on one of your servers as well. A all-space rotation? Theres something too. Very Happy
Posted:
Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:14 am
quote : #13
There is nothing wrong with the OC servers. My recollection above is probobly incorrect, I got some stuff confused along the way.

Here is the quote by got-freaky? describing what afflicts the ss maps and why I don't have them in a rotation yet:

got-freaky? wrote:
yeah they work fine online they only have one problem and that is that if a dc player trys to connect when your server is on a ssmap the fight button will be disabled,so the only way a dc player can play on them is to be on the server when the map changes or to type the ip address in. Laughing

Sorry for the confusion.