Topic: finally!

Page 1 of 1
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
OK I've got the US v2 coming to me from Amazon, and I'm bidding on a PAL copy on ebay. Though I really won't need both, I'll use them both. Ok do I really need a converter? I know I'll need a bootdisc, but the converter has me worried. Is this true? If it all works out I'll see you guys on the PAL servers in a couple of weeks!
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:48 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
SWEET Mr. Green see you in a few weeks I guess, try to get on the 60htz servers, I can't see anyone on the 50 htz ones Crying or Very sad
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Zyzigy(ICE)
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:07 pm
quote : #3
great seen alot of new peaple recently on PSO Razz il be on most nights names scatman ver1

i didnt know there were 50hz n 60hz models Question only thing about that i do know is when it asks you if ur T.V. is 60 hz compatible

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:13 pm
quote : #4
if your tv is a 60htz one, you go on the 60htz servers, if 50 htz, then 50htz Rolling Eyes
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:22 pm
quote : #5
Type: Pal
nintendo_DS wrote:
if your tv is a 60htz one, you go on the 60htz servers, if 50 htz, then 50htz Rolling Eyes

Well I dunno exactly how it works but I get given a choice of 50htz or 60htz mode at a selection screen. Due to the make up of tellys in the USA this screen does not seem to appear for the majority of people in USA and they get put on to 60htz automaticly. There is a code to bring up the selection screen though I believe.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:57 am
quote : #6
Hmm... I know there is an s-video output cable for the dreamcast. I wonder if that would allow it to output at lower frequencies or would it still be 60hz only? 3 days left on my bid for pso unless someone outbids me. And it's used so will I have to somehow get a new serial # for it?
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:07 am
quote : #7
U-235, almost everyone playing PAL PSO is on the 60hz servers. The 50hz servers are usually populated by gamers in Europe on PAL TV's who don't have any options at the moment to get a 60hz compatible TV or a vga box. So if you live in the USA you shouldn't be doing anything wierd to try and get on a 50hz signal. Use PAL PSO on your Dreamcast as normal. Meaning use 60hz signal.

As far as a new serial. You will probobly have to contact sega of europe for a fresh serial number. Sometimes you can get online without any problems with a used dopy. Try it. If it doesn't work then email sega of europe tech support for a fresh serial.
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:44 pm
quote : #8
Type: Pal
Only time 50 htz is realy useful is if you get full on into your PSO and the 60htz server is down you can hop on the 50htz server and there will sometimes be people on. When I was playing PSO nightly many years ago I didnt realise 50htz servers wwere seperate for some time and missed many nights of gaming sat trying to log into 60htz Sad

Laters
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:16 pm
quote : #9
Type: PAL
Well... I've tried playing on 50Hz servers quite some time ago and it's really making me sick being used to 60Hz.

I wouln't even use them if the real servers were down for 2 months...

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:17 pm
quote : #10
Well, I still have 3 days left of bidding. No one else has bid against me yet. It's v1 though. Sad I will continue to play on the "other" server I've been playing on too, so it's no big deal to me if the 60hz servers are down. BTW, anyone know of where I can get v2 PAL?
Posted:
Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:18 pm
quote : #11
you can sometimes get Ver2 on ebay though quite rare

an alternetive is http://www.amazon.com prices vary but are usaully around €20-€30