Page Location: Home > Maximum Pool > Topic
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I finally got my DC online connection working again (I think), and the first thing I did was download the online-enabled save for Maximum Pool. When I tried it out, the game said it dialed and connected properly, but after I think I reached the lobby which was totally vacant.

Since I've only played Maximum Pool offline up until now, I'm not sure what the online process should be or look like when successful. Wpuld someone please do me a favor and walk me through the online connection process for Maximum Pool? Also, please let me know if it matters which controller the VMU save is attached to. I greatly appreciate your help with this.

Thanks!

How are my little crackers doing today?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:13 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
kingofgrills wrote:
Also, please let me know if it matters which controller the VMU save is attached to. I greatly appreciate your help with this.

I'd try again having the VMU in controller port A with the VMU in slot 1 of the controller.
Posted:
Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:39 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
If you get a blank lobby list when you connect online it hasent worked. I dont think the code works when put in vmu slot 2. I orignaly tried saving the code to my action replay memory card to save me having to swap it when booting but because the action replay card is so big it only fits in vmu slot 2. I tried it with a sega vmu in slot 1 and it worked fine. Maybe my first attempt failed due to being in slot 2 or maybe due to the action replay memory card which after all is a cheat device so could cause a problem.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:03 pm
quote : #4
Shoot. I tried it in slot 1 of controller port A last night, and it didn't work again. I guess I'll try downloading the game file again. All of my other online games seem to be working fine, so I don't think it's a connection issue. It's weird though, because I don't receive any sort of error message when I connect - in fact, I get the successful connection message.

Aargh! It's very frustrating! Mad

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:42 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Blast wrote:
If you get a blank lobby list when you connect online it hasent worked. I dont think the code works when put in vmu slot 2. I orignaly tried saving the code to my action replay memory card to save me having to swap it when booting but because the action replay card is so big it only fits in vmu slot 2. I tried it with a sega vmu in slot 1 and it worked fine. Maybe my first attempt failed due to being in slot 2 or maybe due to the action replay memory card which after all is a cheat device so could cause a problem.

Laters
-

I have the save file in a vmu , that is plugged in the controller on the 4 port .

And i could connect over my pc without problems . But after i disconnected , and tried to
reconnect . All i got was a blank server list . I didn't tried it again after that
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:19 am
quote : #6
Woo hoo!! Okay, it works now!

I ended up having to delete my Maximum Pool save file completely and then redownload it again in order for it to work. Originally, I just saved the modified file over my existing save file, so I guess it didn't like that. When I attempted again last night, it worked perfectly! There were actually a lot of people online and a lot of games being hosted, so that caught me by surprise. Unfortunately, the one game I did end up playing was aborted when the putz I was playing dropped out. I hate it when that happens.

Anyway, my cue is chalked up and ready to go! Rack 'em up!