Topic: Shenmue

Page 1 of 2
lumwoz
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:13 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
A copy of shenmue will be on its way to my house soon. I have heard many a tale about how long this game last for but does anyone actually know a sort of estimate at how many hours of gameplay shenmue has

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:23 pm
quote : #2
Well if your as slow as me then were talking about 3 to 4 motths. I like to take my time talk to people , ring Nazoki at odd hours of the day because its just funny to , talk to her and such stuff.

If you really just rush past it and try to finish it quick I heard some people saying it takes them like a week

I hope its helped you and I recommend just having fun because thats what games are fo Smile.

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:59 pm
quote : #3
This time around I'm trying to beat all the battles and master all of the moves. Some of the later moves will be harder to master than others, due to learning them at the end. So I have more time to master the moves, I'm perpetuating one of the work days so I repeat the same day over and over. The bad thing: You can't interact with anyone until I do that plot thing. The good thing: Lots of cash. I've got over 60,000 yen now.

Though, because I spent most of my time training... I missed out on some cutscenes with Nozomi.

After I beat this, I'm going to do that "Make your US save into a UK save" trick so I can use it to play Shenmue II.
Posted:
Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:53 am
quote : #4
It depends on how long you want it to last, if you just want to rush through: 8 to 10 hours. But if you want to take the game the way it's mean't to be played, and really end up being sucked in by it, then you could have infinite replay value. It's a tradition for me to play through the game atleast once or twice a year, and I have beat it around 10 times or more. Shenmue still remains an awesome game even after all this time though. Razz

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:11 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
the problem i have is that i get sucked into the story line and end up completing it with out seeing sum of the more interesting parts of the game.
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:19 am
quote : #6
thanks for your help everyone. I just wanted some warning of how severely my social life would be strangled Laughing

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:25 am
quote : #7
MK wrote:
After I beat this, I'm going to do that "Make your US save into a UK save" trick so I can use it to play Shenmue II.

Do you know where I could find the procedures to do this? I've saved my original Shenmue file for a couple of years to do this, but by the time I got Shenmue II, I couldn't find the directions to convert my save file. I ended up playing through from scratch, which worked but sucked, because I lost all the crap I collected over the course of the game.

If anyone would tell me how to convert my Shenmue I save to work with PAL Shenmue II, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:30 am:

Do any of you have copies of the Shenmue Strategy Guide? It is well worth having. I didn't use it during the course of the game, since I'd rather find stuff out on my own, but it contains a ton of great looking artwork and information on each of the characters. And I'm talking about all of the extra characters you bump into on the streets --there's little bios on each of them.

If you find one, it's well worth picking up as a collector piece. It really helped me appreciate everything AM-2 pumped into that game, and it really gives a sense as to how ambitious that project really was (is?).

How are my little crackers doing today?
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:42 pm
quote : #8
I can't get the US-UK converstion trick to work, but GameFAQ's has an FAQ about it. I used it and it still didn't work. Angst.
Posted:
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:55 pm
quote : #9
ok here goes nothing. iv'e owned this game coming up on two years and haven't beaten it yet but i'm going to give it a concerted effort. if i can just get into it a little more maybe i'll be able to complete it. but at my current pace i'll probably finish it around the time sega decides to release the third game in this series. Laughing
Posted:
Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:15 pm
quote : #10
Type: PAL
Try pretending its a point and click adventure game, it'll make a little bit more sense that way...
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:26 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U
For most gamers, it will take a month or so, but it's reccomended to play longer just to see all the features in the game. It's a beautiful piece of art that deserves it.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:51 am
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U/C
i can't remember exactly how long it took me to get through the game. i remember wanting to race the forklifts to earn all the little toys. one for each place rank. i also played the arcade games in the store for a bit. even with doing that it seems that it didn't take all that long. maybe 2 or 3 weeks. going by weeks is miss leading though. i spent some 12 hour sessions on the game.
Posted:
Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:49 pm
quote : #13
i'll probably follow the story to see how much i like it. that is usually the decider for me whether i like a game or not. if i get to caught up in the nicknaks and side thingies it usually destroys the game for me b/c than it just seems like i'm no longer playing a game so much as working.
Posted:
Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:26 pm
quote : #14
shrap wrote:
i'll probably follow the story to see how much i like it. that is usually the decider for me whether i like a game or not. if i get to caught up in the nicknaks and side thingies it usually destroys the game for me b/c than it just seems like i'm no longer playing a game so much as working.
the forklift racing is a part of the story. you do not need to earn every place like i did though. but when you start work they have a race each day.

the video game arcade is just a bonus thing you can do. i like to stop and grab things like sodas and play the games for the hell of it.
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:07 am
quote : #15
Best game ever Wink
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2000/20001115l.jpg