Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
1, 2, 3  Next

Forum: Archive - General

Topic: connection problems

Page 1 of 3
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Posts: 1085
Type: PAL
today (tuesday) i tried to connect to the usual races, i was told that i "lost connection with the server" i have been connecting fine for the last 2 months so idoubt it is just me. has anyone else had problems? i fear the worst Sad , thanks lozz.
  _________________
It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:01 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Posts: 278
Type: PAL
yes the webserver is down . But i guess it comes back .... coz many websites are hosted over the sega-rd2 domain
atleast i hope so Smile
  _________________
http://members.multimania.co.uk/fall3/ 4x4Evo
http://fallout.bplaced.net
Linux for the masses
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:08 pm
quote : #3
profile : pm
Posts: 72
how does this work? who maintains the f355 server? it's not sega europe is it? how come f355 hasn't gone offline after all this time?
 
fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:51 pm
quote : #4
profile : pm
Posts: 278
Type: PAL
how does this work?
You connect to the internet with your f355 pal/us or Jp game . When you selected the track
you want to race on , and click on the gear manuall or atomatic you register on the webapplet
wich is a simple cgi script wich holds your data . The track you selected and your ip i guess ect
The game checks all 3 seconds if someone else registered his data if not it rechecks after 3 secs
and so on .


who maintains the f355 server? it's not sega europe is it?
Who knows maybe the webmaster that maintained the websites for the now gone
sega-rd2 aka sega am2 developers .Maybe one of the old emploeys


how come f355 hasn't gone offline after all this time?
Because its a simple cgi script on a webserver , and not only a gaming server
many other things are hosted on this server like the official Virtual fighter 4 website
  _________________
http://members.multimania.co.uk/fall3/ 4x4Evo
http://fallout.bplaced.net
Linux for the masses
Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:23 pm
quote : #5
profile : pm
Posts: 101
lozz wrote:
today (tuesday) i tried to connect to the usual races, i was told that i "lost connection with the server" i have been connecting fine for the last 2 months so idoubt it is just me. has anyone else had problems? i fear the worst Sad , thanks lozz.


I tried to play the Tuesday races as well, I could not connect after trying for an hour. I presume they will be ok again Wednesday.

Damn shame because I made a special effort to be there for all the races!

Oh well.

Kizzy
 
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:39 pm
quote : #6
profile : pm
Posts: 72
Quote:
[quote="fallout"]how does this work?
You connect to the internet with your f355 pal/us or Jp game . When you selected the track
you want to race on , and click on the gear manuall or atomatic you register on the webapplet
wich is a simple cgi script wich holds your data . The track you selected and your ip i guess ect
The game checks all 3 seconds if someone else registered his data if not it rechecks after 3 secs
and so on .


who maintains the f355 server? it's not sega europe is it?
Who knows maybe the webmaster that maintained the websites for the now gone
sega-rd2 aka sega am2 developers .Maybe one of the old emploeys'



Quote:
how come f355 hasn't gone offline after all this time?
Because its a simple cgi script on a webserver , and not only a gaming server
many other things are hosted on this server like the official Virtual fighter 4 website


so what are the chances of F355 going offline if things like the VF4 website are hosted by the same server?
 
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:12 am
quote : #7
profile : pm
Posts: 1085
Type: PAL
guys i really hope it does not go offline. I'll email sega today and try and find out. If it has gone offline we MUST gathher letters and petitions togetther and email them constantly. This title just cant go offline!!! , lozz.
  _________________
It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 am
quote : #8
profile : pm
Posts: 101
lozz wrote:
guys i really hope it does not go offline. I'll email sega today and try and find out. If it has gone offline we MUST gathher letters and petitions togetther and email them constantly. This title just cant go offline!!! , lozz.


Has anyone tried the connection today?

Kizzy
 
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:19 am
quote : #9
profile : pm
Posts: 1085
Type: PAL
no i will now if you like!
  _________________
It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:22 am
quote : #10
profile : pm
Posts: 101
lozz wrote:
no i will now if you like!


Well if you wanna try and have a race I am up for one! Best way to test lol!

Kizzy
 
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:24 am
quote : #11
profile : pm
Posts: 1085
Type: PAL
doesnt work still Crying or Very sad
  _________________
It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:31 am
quote : #12
profile : pm
Posts: 101
lozz wrote:
doesnt work still Crying or Very sad


Thanks for trying! I will try it in the morning.

Kizzy
 
IMP@QT
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:55 am
quote : #13
profile : pm
Posts: 80
lozz wrote:
guys i really hope it does not go offline. I'll email sega today and try and find out. If it has gone offline we MUST gathher letters and petitions togetther and email them constantly. This title just cant go offline!!! , lozz.


Like Nikon said in the "UT Idea" thread, if you constantly email and rant and rave about a game going offline, the more these people will ignore you. Be patient. If its not back up within a few days, let Nikon give it a shot. He has had more success in contacting people @ Sega, and is more qualified to handle the situation. Even if it does go offline, from what i heard its a simple CGI script, which should be easily setup on any webserver. Only thing would be, you would have to know how to write the script. Im sure Nikon can explain this better then i could. But like i said, be cool, im sure it will be taken care of.
 
lordnikon
rank 86
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:23 am
quote : #14
profile : pm
Posts: 5893
Type: NTSC-U/C
1.) Sega of America has no control over this. The game is run by sega of japan. Sega-AM2 and whoever the webmaster is for Sega-RD2.

2.) Yes this game does run off of a CGI script, however one would need to log packets. Basically if F355 goes offline the game will probobly be unable to be played online again. Someone should have been working on how to do this already. However nobody has.

The really LAME part is, I'm one of the most qualified here to look into this. But I personally have no had time to take any steps to save or salvage F355 in anyway. There so many things just like this that are commanding my attention. The website, pso, worms, UT, gamespy games, voot and more misc research in various areas. Not to mention salvaging stuff from the web and stuff.

It is like a constant race against time. It is so frustrating that we get put into this position time and time again. Where we are up to our necks in work, and then before we have a chance to re-direct our focus onto something, it gets pulled offline. Unbelievably frustrating. Its like trying to save a sinking ship with soup ladels.

If the game is still offline in the coming weeks, I will contact sega of Japan at a massive stack of emails. Informing them of the original location of the scripts and request that they release the scripts.

Last edited by lordnikon on Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
  _________________
I'm already numero uno on Dark Helmet's hit list...
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:23 am
quote : #15
profile : pm
Posts: 1085
Type: PAL
ok , i suppose your right, its just...... if its so simple why wont sega just keep it going?
  _________________
It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Display:   
 
View previous topic - View next topic
Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
1, 2, 3  Next